**OFFICIAL** Tejas vs LSU game thread (1 Viewer)

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
What to expect. Playful banter, trash talking and shenanigans.

Hey, I'll be able to watch that one.

Texas made their own statement tonight as well, so the Matchups next week will be interesting I think. Looking forward to it,

LSU opens as a 4 point favorite over the Longhorns in Austin next Saturday night.
Where does the smart money belong on this game? :scratch:

Looks like the odds changed pretty quickly after the opening spread.
It is currently running with LSU being favored by 4.5 to 8 points.
So a lot of folks are expecting another big weekend for the Tigers.

Does anyone have a good breakdown on the matchups?
I confess to knowing very little about Texas

Does anyone have a good breakdown on the matchups?
I confess to knowing very little about Texas

They have one... One RB. A sophomore. After him it's their 3rd QB and behind him is a freshman who was listed as a LB.

They are woefully thin at RB.

They have one... One RB. A sophomore. After him it's their 3rd QB and behind him is a freshman who was listed as a LB.

They are woefully thin at RB.
Their best RB is their QB. LSU will need to punish him every time he takes off. Home field is definitely an advantage for Texas, but this is the sharpest I've seen the Tigers' offense look in many years, the defense looks to be deeper than it has been in years, and ST looks very solid. I think we come away with the win in a tough environment against a motivated opponent. This should be a very good, early signature victory for LSU.

Yep, if we can pull off a quality win on the road this week it will go a long way when the playoff committee gets together to discuss who their Top 4 should be. In this regard it can be considered a 'must win' kind of game.

Their best RB is their QB. LSU will need to punish him every time he takes off. Home field is definitely an advantage for Texas, but this is the sharpest I've seen the Tigers' offense look in many years, the defense looks to be deeper than it has been in years, and ST looks very solid. I think we come away with the win in a tough environment against a motivated opponent. This should be a very good, early signature victory for LSU.
Maybe the magnitude of this game will have their fans fired up more than usual, but they're a pretty tame and quiet crowd in comparison to the SEC opponents LSU faces every year. Additionally, I would expect anywhere from 15-30% of the stadium to be LSU fans.

I would expect anywhere from 15-30% of the stadium to be LSU fans.
Hey... somebody has to make the noise in Austin next Saturday. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom