**OFFICIAL** Tejas vs LSU game thread (1 Viewer)

Co-worker who's a member of the TAF said that students actually bought season tickets so they could attend this game and are selling the remaining games online. Not sure how true that is.
it's probably very true. I Lived in Austin for 10 years and still work there the last 5 years. They are the most fickle fans ever. For instance, they were loud in the first quarter and quite rest of the way for most part. In fact most U.T fans get annoyed if your too loud in game cause it disrupts their social event.

LSU is a really good team. This is hostile territory.

This is the kind of game that grooms a team. It gives them confidence. Texas is a good team with a far above average QB and this was a hostile environment.

For us to come in and handle the situation without ever giving up the lead is impressive. Very impressive. Texas wanted to use this game as a catapult to put them into the elite level of football, where they THINK they belong. They had momentum several times. The crowd was into it from start to finish.

Texas tried to get really cocky. The tee Shirts with DB U. The pre game shoving. The message board trash talk. They wanted it bad. REAL BAD.

But LSU is a Really Good Team. Really good.

I trust this team.
I agree that this was a big win against a tough team in a hostile environment. But to be a truly GREAT team, we need to figure out how to get consistent pressure on opposing quarterbacks.
But I do believe that we will improve as the season progresses.

No he won't be back an
Love Me some clown shoes homerism. Ya think he'll come eat his crow? He's Swimmer's kid after all and Swimmer has gotten pretty good at crow eating when he's wrong. We'll see if his kid has matured enough to do so. Great quote though regardless.
He won't be back. But if he does, I'm sure we will hear how they face this type of offense in the Big12 and have an answer.

Welp nope.

that post by Loose Cannon didn't age well at all. But man, that Texas team IS good. I think they just might win the big 12.
Rematch in January?

Man, winning the defenseless BIGXII isn't an accomplishment. Yeah, looks like they'll steam roll that conference but even if they make the playoff, they're one and done.

?

r6txXQ.jpg

I agree that this was a big win against a tough team in a hostile environment. But to be a truly GREAT team, we need to figure out how to get consistent pressure on opposing quarterbacks.
But I do believe that we will improve as the season progresses.
2nd game out.... 12 more to go.

This was an offensive output we haven't seen in decades.

Just fantastic stuff. Joe was 31 or 38 for 471.

Let that sink in. Crazy

it's probably very true. I Lived in Austin for 10 years and still work there the last 5 years. They are the most fickle fans ever. For instance, they were loud in the first quarter and quite rest of the way for most part. In fact most U.T fans get annoyed if your too loud in game cause it disrupts their social event.
Can vouch for this.

Lived there for a few years to run a business off of Research and Duval. Love the city though.

Giving up 33 touchdowns to the garbage offenses of the SEC is the equivalent of giving up 70 in the Big XII. The adjusted stats for last year show that the defenses were roughly equal.

You think the difference between a QB who accounted for 40+ touchdowns last year and one who accounted for 22 is irrelevant? Or a nearly 10% difference in completion percentage? LOL.

Wrong.

LOL garbage time. Who cares. Even ignoring the fact that most of that came in garbage time against backups, giving up 150 to WRs is more than fine.

JFAgcg.gif

Y'all should all be bowing down to my rally car racer in Beach Buggy Racing (an iPhone game) I changed to purple and gold named "geaux Tigers" from my regular black and gold named "WH0DAT" just for this game. We were playing ugly until my superstition kicked in and I kept racing while watching out of one eye until 2 minutes left in the fourth.

Ain't gonna lie... I'm so programmed, when we got the ball with 3 min I thought oh no running the ball.

Joe Burreaux is for real. Don't know what happened this spring, but this dude is fiya.

Just ecstatic.

Former Saints offensive assistant, Joe Brady, happened.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom