Official UFSL Draft Thread (Feb 22-23) New Orleans Breakers Picks (1 Viewer)

Snakehead

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
USFL Draft details.

New Orleans Breakers have the 8th pick in the modified snake draft. Position/Rounds below and are also in the link above. 38 man rosters with a 7 player practice squad. Teams will add 10 players after the draft to complete the roster and fill their practice squad.

Note: Player pool will not be released before the draft.

Day 1:

Round 1: Quarterbacks
1.8 Selection:

Round 2: EDGE/Defensive Ends (First pick of position group)
2.1 Selection:

Round 3: EDGE/Defensive Ends
3.8 Selection:

Round 4: EDGE/Defensive Ends
4.1 Selection:

Round 5: Offensive Tackles
5.8 Selection:

Round 6: Offensive Tackles
6.1 Selection:

Round 7: Offensive Tackles
7.8 Selection:

Round 8: Cornerbacks (First pick of position group)
8.1 Selection:

Round 9: Cornerbacks
9.8 Selection:

Round 10: Cornerbacks
10.1 Selection:

Round 11: Cornerbacks
11.8 Selection:

Round 12: Quarterbacks
12.1 Selection:

Day 2:

Round 13: Wide Receivers
13.8 Selection:

Round 14: Wide Receivers
14.1 Selection:

Round 15: Wide Receivers
15.8 Selection:

Round 16: Wide Receivers
16.1 Selection:

Round 17: Wide Receivers
17.8 Selection:

Round 18: Safeties (First pick of position group)
18.1 Selection:

Round 19: Safeties
19.8 Selection:

Round 20: Centers (First pick of position group)
20.1 Selection:

Round 21: Inside Linebackers
21.8 Selection:

Round 22: Offensive Guards (First pick of position group)
22.1 Selection:

Round 23: Offensive Guards
23.8 Selection:

Round 24: Defensive tackles and nose tackles (First pick of position group)
24.1 Selection:

Round 25: Defensive tackles and nose tackles
25.1 Selection:

Round 26: Defensive tackles and nose tackles
26.1 Selection:

Round 27: Running backs and fullbacks
27.8 Selection:

Round 28: Running backs and fullbacks
28.1 Selection:

Round 29: Outside linebackers
29.8 Selection:

Round 30: Outside linebackers
30.1 Selection:

Round 31: Outside linebackers
31.8 Selection:

Round 32: Kickers (First pick of position group)
32.1 Selection:

Round 33: Punters
33.8 Selection:

Round 34: Tight ends/H-backs (First pick of position group)
34.1 Selection:

Round 35: Long Snappers
35.8 Selection:

Post Draft adds:
36:
37:
38:

Practice Squad:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:

Last edited:
If you want to try and predict who Fedora will draft his Breakers team there is enough information out there to make some educated guesses. A few takeaways from different articles.

- Runs spread offense (or multiple formations)
- Primarily uses 11 personnel.
- Prefers single back, believes A-back is better than having a fullback.
- QB Developer, may prefer game manager QB as opposed to dual-threat, etc.
- RPO
- Prefers smaller WRs who are better route runners, get separation and have great hands. (Draft pool has quite a few of these guys)
- Prefers large offensive/defensive lineman.

Going into the draft knowing what Fedora prefers for his offense and personnel having the 8th pick at QB may not be detrimental. Teams usually target game manager QBs last, but that may benefit the Breakers and allow a game manager to fall to 8th/9th giving Fedora the type of QB he prefers.

The Breakers have the 8th/9th picks at WR, so essentially 2 top 9 WRs in the draft. If Fedora prefers 11 personnel then he's going to have the 8th QB, 8th RB, 8/9/24th WR, 1st TE, 1st/16th OGs, 8/9th OTs and 1st C. That is good offense with a stout offensive line if it ends up something like this:

QB: 8th QB
X WR: 8th WR
Y WR: 9th WR
Z WR: 24th WR
TE: 1st TE
RB: 8th RB
LT: 8th offensive tackle
LG: 1st offensive guard
C: 1st center
RG: 16th offensive guard
RT: 9th offensive tackle

I hope there will be some TV coverage of the draft. I'm all about a Spring football league. I'm already considering hopping a train to Birmingham for the Breakers/Stallions game. Especially, if that game is at Protective. I've heard it's a pretty nice stadium. Anything is better than Legion Field.

What stinks is the way they picked the draft order. The Breakers were the first ping pong ball out of the chute. You would think that would make us pick #1. However, they did it backwards whereby the last ping pong ball selected got #1.

If you want to try and predict who Fedora will draft his Breakers team there is enough information out there to make some educated guesses. A few takeaways from different articles.

- Runs spread offense (or multiple formations)
- Primarily uses 11 personnel.
- Prefers single back, believes A-back is better than having a fullback.
- QB Developer, may prefer game manager QB as opposed to dual-threat, etc.
- RPO
- Prefers smaller WRs who are better route runners, get separation and have great hands. (Draft pool has quite a few of these guys)
- Prefers large offensive/defensive lineman.

Going into the draft knowing what Fedora prefers for his offense and personnel having the 8th pick at QB may not be detrimental. Teams usually target game manager QBs last, but that may benefit the Breakers and allow a game manager to fall to 8th/9th giving Fedora the type of QB he prefers.

The Breakers have the 8th/9th picks at WR, so essentially 2 top 9 WRs in the draft. If Fedora prefers 11 personnel then he's going to have the 8th QB, 8th RB, 8/9/24th WR, 1st TE, 1st/16th OGs, 8/9th OTs and 1st C. That is good offense with a stout offensive line if it ends up something like this:

QB: 8th QB
X WR: 8th WR
Y WR: 9th WR
Z WR: 24th WR
TE: 1st TE
RB: 8th RB
LT: 8th offensive tackle
LG: 1st offensive guard
C: 1st center
RG: 16th offensive guard
RT: 9th offensive tackle
Is that correct? We get the last pick of QB, RB, WR and OT? That would seem a bit slanted against us. I would think we would have some picks in the middle.

Is that correct? We get the last pick of QB, RB, WR and OT? That would seem a bit slanted against us. I would think we would have some picks in the middle.
If we get the last pick in all of those, does that mean that one team gets the first pick in all those?

Who picked this draft order? We get the 8th pick of QBs, RBs, and WRs. Clearly it's setup for us not to have any of the top offensive skill position players.

The Breakers get the first picks for EDGE/DE, CB, S, C, G, DT, K and TE.

If we get the last pick in all of those, does that mean that one team gets the first pick in all those?
Yes. The compete breakdown of positions/rounds is posted in the link above.

Who picked this draft order? We get the 8th pick of QBs, RBs, and WRs. Clearly it's setup for us not to have any of the top offensive skill position players.
It was a televised draft lottery.

The Breakers get the first picks for EDGE/DE, CB, S, C, G, DT, K and TE.

Yes. The compete breakdown of positions/rounds is posted in the link above.

It was a televised draft lottery.

Was it pre-determined that the team the got 8th pick of the QBs also got 8th pick of the RBs and WRs or was it coincidence? It seems like if a team got 8th pick of QB they should get first pick of either WR or RB if not both.

What channel is the USFL Draft on?​

The USFL Draft is not scheduled to be broadcast live on TV. In fact, it won't be broadcast at all.

Instead, the USFL's social media accounts will announce the picks as they come in. It's unclear if they will be announced one-by-one, round-by-round or otherwise, but that will be how fans find out which players will be a part of the spring league teams.

Below is a list of the USFL's official league and team Twitter accounts to check out during the player selection meeting.

Was it pre-determined that the team the got 8th pick of the QBs also got 8th pick of the RBs and WRs or was it coincidence? It seems like if a team got 8th pick of QB they should get first pick of either WR or RB if not both.

Don't know. The lottery was one day and the draft details were posted the next day. The teams are league owned, so I'm not going to get wrapped around the everyone has it out for New Orleans. There's also probably not going to be that much of a difference between the #1 ranked QB and the 8th ranked QB for the players entering this league. It's also by I posted Fedora's offensive scheme/philosophy as he may be targeting a different style of QB than other teams with his history of developing QBs.

Don't know. The lottery was one day and the draft details were posted the next day. The teams are league owned, so I'm not going to get wrapped around the everyone has it out for New Orleans. There's also probably not going to be that much of a difference between the #1 ranked QB and the 8th ranked QB for the players entering this league. It's also by I posted Fedora's offensive scheme/philosophy as he may be targeting a different style of QB than other teams with his history of developing QBs.

Well I don't think any of us know who is going to be in this league but if there are any top prospects at QB, RB, or WR, we're not getting any of them. I'm not saying it's all to screw New Orleans. If they said the team that gets the 8th QB pick automatically gets the 8th pick of RB and WR it's a bad system. If we just happened to draw 8th for every skill position it's really really bad luck.

Well I don't think any of us know who is going to be in this league but if there are any top prospects at QB, RB, or WR, we're not getting any of them. I'm not saying it's all to screw New Orleans. If they said the team that gets the 8th QB pick automatically gets the 8th pick of RB and WR it's a bad system. If we just happened to draw 8th for every skill position it's really really bad luck.

I knew there would be people who look at the negative aspects of picking 8th for those positions which is why I posted the order and which positions we get the 1st pick for. The Breakers will have the best offensive line. 1st C, 1st/16th OG, 8th/9th OT and 1st TE. They will also have the 8th/9th WRs which by looking at the available WRs and what Fedora prefers out of his WRs, that might fall right into the type of WRs he targets with guys he doesn't target going earlier in the draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom