(OFFICIAL UNIFORM THREAD)New Saints Uniforms 2009...My Take On The Black & Gold! (1 Viewer)

Which Set Is Your Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bigdub -

Overall I like these uni's, modern style with a throwback look.

Keep the helmets like they are...gold, big FDL, and stripes.

For the jersey maybe just an FDL in the place of the NO and skip the LA patch. I don't think the league will alllow the LA patch as a permanent part of the uniform. Do any other teams have permanent patches? A centered logo would look balanced as well.

Bigdub -

Overall I like these uni's, modern style with a throwback look.

Keep the helmets like they are...gold, big FDL, and stripes.

For the jersey maybe just an FDL in the place of the NO and skip the LA patch. I don't think the league will alllow the LA patch as a permanent part of the uniform. Do any other teams have permanent patches? A centered logo would look balanced as well.

The Steelers have their logo in the same location as the LA patch on their jerseys.

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1914456&cp=2237514&parentPage=family

Agree with the commentary regarding the NO emblem. Too small, and seems more fitting for MLB. Additionally, the patch represents the state, and the NO emblem represents the city. Seems odd. Maybe have NOLA written larger above the numbers in the Saints font? Just a thought.

The Steelers have their logo in the same location as the LA patch on their jerseys.
Thanks for pointing that out. I think the NFL emblem under the neck causes the same balance problem as the propsed NO emblem would for our jerseys. Without it, with just the Steelers logo to the right, it's a "cleaner" jersey.

Thanks for pointing that out. I think the NFL emblem under the neck causes the same balance problem as the propsed NO emblem would for our jerseys. Without it, with just the Steelers logo to the right, it's a "cleaner" jersey.

add an American flag or a FDL.

Here are two alternate versions...

Set #1
Away Jersey: Black Numerals w/ Gold Outline, 'NO' Wordmark In Gold w/ Black Outline, La State Patch w/ Black Outline, Reebok Sleeve Logo In Gold, Players Name In Athletic Font Gold w/ Black Trim, FDL Primary In Gold Placed Above Name Plate (Since I Removed Them From Sleeves For The Stripes).
Home Jersey: (Basically What They Wear Now But With A Few Tweaks) Black Collar, 'NO' Wordmark In Gold w/ White Outline, La State Patch w/ White Outline, Reebok Sleeve Logo In White, Players Name In Athletic Font Gold w/ White Trim

The second set on this post is the same as the first except the Louisian patch and 'NO' wordmark has been removed. The new wordmark now says 'NOLA'.

NFLJerseyConcept-Saints-Home.png

NFLJerseyConcept-Saints-Away.png

NFLUniformConcept-Saints-Home-Away.png

Set #2
NFLJerseyConceptSeries-Saints-Homev.png

NFLJerseyConceptSeries-Saints-Awayv.png

I so wish you were in charge of the uni's. They are so classic and timeless. Your work is much much appreciated.

Here is an updated version of the throwback style jersey. I added the 'NO' wordmark to the collar instead of spelling out new orleans because it looks a bit more modern without going overboard (i.e. Bengals). Besides, we needed a secondary logo! I kept the collar black on the away jersey which was something not done with the stripes that I chose which are from the '67 season. Brought back the gold numbers which are as close to a decent deep gold as I could make without looking like the 49ers or going 'mustard' with it like their original '67 jerseys had it. Since I took the FDL's from the sleeves which always seemed like over-kill to me being that they were on each side of the helmet, I brought back the La patch which already had the FDL inside so at least it's on the jersey. I did think about adding it over the name plate on the back...I'll see how that looks later on. And since the La patch had the team's name inside as well, I didn't feel the need to put it as the wordmark under the NFL shield so that's why it makes the 'NO' secondary that much cooler. 'NO' 'SAINTS'. Now since gold was the main emphasis I changed the Reebok sleeve logos to gold on both the home and away jersey. The home jersey is the same as their current throwback except for the new gold color, wordmark, and patch. The collar is black because that's how it was on the 67's! The team used the same socks for both the home and away uni's back then and it just didn't look right having the stripe pattern for the home jersey placed on the sock and used for the away jersey as well. I nixed the striped socks (I could bring a verson back if wanted) and went with solid black which most teams that once wore striped socks have done even going classic (GB,CLE,IND). I also updated the helmet stripe with medium gold stripes on the outside of the middle white stripe and LAWD help me, I matched it to the pants to bring unity!!! It's a small update but it ties in with the extra outline that the team added when they downsized/re-vamped the FDL back in the late 90's. I also made the helmet FDL bigger. It so needed it! I know I'm the designer but hell I'd buy both if they did this. And having a black facemask makes it even better. It's classic with an update IMO. What say you? C&C - Thanks
Copyofsaintsjerseytemplate.png

NFLConceptSeries2009-SaintswithStri.png

:worthy: Bravo!
Not only do I love the stripes, I truly think it's masterful the way the stripe pattern on the helmet and pants brings the uniform together!

It doesn't hurt either that the FDL helmet logo has been enlarged from the shrunken version we have today.

:plus-un2:

Someone give this man a cold brewsky!

the big Fleur on the helmet is awesome, like the dome patrol days.

stripes on the helmet matching the stripes on the pants= awesome.

the only thing that might look a little better is fewer stripes on the sleeves, but make them thicker.

Awesome uni's, man. Just one question though:

GARCIA?!

i was thinking the same thing.

Garcia....that would be me! I put my last name on the jerseys some times instead of watermarking it and usually change the number to 81 and the name to BIGDUB. I just forgot to do it....although as high as gas is and as much as I need to finish my house (Thanks For Nothing Road Home) I would kick Deuce's **** to get his position for just one game's paycheck to set my financial's straight! On the other hand I'm glad that you all like them. I posted these on another site and everyone reppin' different teams seem's to have a problem with everything! That's why I leave it up to home team fans to decided what looks best.

Hey Optimusaint...if you're that dude in your sig dressed in the Halo costume, we sit a section apart. You were Optimus the year before and Halo last year. I'm in sec. 157 row 27 seat 5 & 6. Just throwin' that out there!

I have a suggestion for updating uniforms. I would appreciate it if you can put it together for me to see what it would look like.

Helmet: Black
Fleur-De-Lis: white outline in black following outline in gold following outline in white
chin strap: black
Mouth piece: black
Stripes: gold/white/gold
number: white (back of helmet)
white flap in front of helmet: will read saints
white flap in back of helmet: will read new orleans

Jersey:
Home: black
collar: gold/white/gold stripes(see seahawks) with NFL logo: underneath collar SAINTS (saints font)
top of Shoulders: numbers-- white outline in gold
Numbers: white outline in gold
thick Stripes: gold/white/gold ( on side of shoulders- see colts)
underneath stripes: Fluer-De-Lis- (same as helmet)
Name: white

Jersey:
Away: white-
collar: stripes- black/gold/black(see seahawks) with NFl logo; underneath collar-- SAINTS in black (saints font)
top of shoulders: numbers- black outline in gold
Thick Stripes: black/gold/black(corner of shoulders-see colts)
underneath stripes: fluer-de-lis-- black outline in white outline in gold outline in black(same as current saints fluer-de-lis)
Numbers: black outline in gold
Name: black

Pants
Home: black
Thick Stripes: gold/white/gold (see 49ers of the 80's THICKNESS)
Away: white
Thick Stripes: black/gold/black (see above)

Socks:
Home: Gold calf following white
Away: Black calf following white

Shoes:
Home/Away: black

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom