(OFFICIAL UNIFORM THREAD)New Saints Uniforms 2009...My Take On The Black & Gold! (1 Viewer)

Which Set Is Your Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigdub81

Official SR Logo Designer
Reaction score
What's up everybody! I'm giving the local fans first view of my new concept that I've been working on for quite some time now so that I can get a better feel of what you as Saints fans think of my design. I've gone through this concept for months tweaking, adding and taking away until I've gotten disgusted to the point of leaving it alone and then starting it up again! I am using for the first time a template that was given to me by a friend on another board, the template which I tweaked to my specs and thus gave way to my version of the New Orleans Saints 2009 uniforms.

WHAT'S NEW & REMOVED!

The Helmet.....

> Single Black Stripe Down The Middle In Place Of The Black / White / Black Stripe Before. It Give Consistency To The Overall Design By Matching The Stripes On Both The Jersey And Pants.

> "SAINTS" Wordmark On Both The Front And Rear Bumper Pad

The Jersey.....

> New Collar Design (i.e. San Diego / Minnesota) For Better Neck Movement And Player Comfort. Collar Now Gold On Away Jersey.

> Louisiana State Saints Patch Located On Left Chest Side

> "SAINTS" Wordmark Located Below NFL Equipment Patch For Stronger Team Branding. Wordmark Is Gold On Both The Home And Away Jersey.

> Players Name Is Now Gold With A Black Outline On Away Jerseys And White With A Gold Outline On Home Jerseys.

> New "Crescent City" Shoulder Inserts And Side Panels With Piping. These Shoulder Panels Were Created As Homage To The City Of New Orleans And It's Title As The "Crescent City". The Panels Follow The Contour Of The Players Shoulder Which Allows The Design To Bend In The Shape Of A Crescent. Both The Home And Away Jerseys Will Now Have Black Sleeves Followed By Black Side Panel Inserts Outlined By Gold Piping Which Allows The Jersey To 'Flow' Into The Design Of The Pants.

The Pants.....

> New For The 2009 Season, The Team Will Once Again Have The Option To Wear White Pants As They Did Before In Years Past. This New Color Option Will Also Carry New Striping That Matches That Of The Jersey's Side Panel To Better Connect The Entire Uniform. The Saints Logo Will Be Placed At The Hip.

> Both The Gold And Black Pants Will Carry The New Stripe Design As Does The White Pants. All Three Sets Will Carry The Saints Logo At The Hip.

The Socks.....

> The Team Will Have The Option Of Wearing (2) Sets Of Socks When Wearing Their Away Uniforms. The Mandated Set For All (3) Pants Has A Solid Black Core And Gold Bottom Line. The Other Set Is Offset By The Calf Having A Solid Black Half-Core Outlined By A Top And Bottom Gold Stripe.

I hope this explains everything. If the Saints ever wear anything close to this or the exact same thing, they got it from me and you saw it here first! Your C&C is gladly appreciated and Thank You for checking out my post!

NFLConcept-Saints2009-AwayWhite.png

NFLConcept-Saints2009-AwayGold.png

NFLConcept-Saints2009-AwayBlack.png

NFLConcept-Saints2009-HomeGold.png

NFLConcept-Saints2009-HomeWhiteBlac.png

Dude, bad***!! Great uniforms.. I went with "I like them all"...

If pressed, my top 3 would be

1. Black Jersey, Gold Pants, Black Socks (picture 4, #25)
2. Black Jersey, Black Pants, Black Socks (picture 5, #25)
3. White Jersey, White Pants, Black Socks (picture 1, #25)

Great work! :tup2: :0056:

UPDATE

Here are the gold alternates that I know I was gonna' get asked for! And yes Thank Tha' Lawd!....All the golds match!!

NFLConcept-Saints2009-GoldAll.png

1. black shirt gold pants pic #4
2. white shirt, white pants pic #1

white shirt gold pants = meh
white shirt, black pants = meh
black/black = so so

black shirt, white pants = bleh

updated pic = too much gold

The white on white looks outstanding, my favorite by far. The black on gold and white on gold are nice too.

Great job on these by the way.

Someone needs to submit these to the Saints. Very nice design and everything flows together for once. Just for kicks you should do one with a black helmet. Great job!

Can't view the pictures. However, I have always been partial to the white pants of old so I would love to see them bust them out again.

Last edited:
Sweet im not wild about the gold on gold but the rest are sweet. I voted for the black and gold but i would say all of them because i voted before i saw them .

those are nice man u need to submit those because i would love those to be the saints uni's..i like all the ones with the black socks not the single stripes...awsome work

I think that they are all fantastic!!!!! The Gold on Gold on Gold is a bit much, but I know someone would have asked. Again great job. Can you submit these to the Saints?

I love all of them except the gold ones. I don't really like the single black stripe on the helmet though. Anyway, outstanding job :9:.

You've got way too much time on your hands mate....;)

Seriously though, all of those designs are really slick...would love to see them for real sometime...

Man, that is awesome!

The only ones I don't like is the white jersey/black pants. And I'm not a fan of the gold jersey either.

My absolute favorites are the black jersey/white pants and gold pants. And I really like the away white/white.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom