Official Week 1 Betting Thread (1 Viewer)

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixir
Reaction score
Preseason is officially over and it's that time again. College fully starts this weekend. NFL on Thursday.

You guys starting in week 1 or waiting until week 3 to get a feel of things?

Obviously keen to start winning some money Bonchie :9:

I'll be betting week 1 and will also make some long-term bets for the season.

Thinking about backing Pittsburgh at 11/1 to win the SB but will do my due diligence first.

Some that jump out to me...

Jaguars +4.5
Falcons -3
Cowboys PK
Patriots +5.5
Under 51 Saints/Raiders
Dolphins +10.5
Over 42 Panthers/Broncos

No research or system on those. Just a first look at the board and what stuck out.

If you are paying attention, the first few weeks are the easiest to steal some incredible lines.

Last night was a prime example.

O/U in South Carolina/Vandy was 42.5.

Those paying attention know SC went from Spurrier to Muschamp.

Muschamp's entire goal is play it ultra safe, run clock, punt, field position, and wear them down late.

Vandy's Derrick Mason....exact same mindset, his more because his talent lends towards a shorter game, Muschamp has that mindset because he's an idiot.

Halftime. Vandy 10-0.

Mid 4th, Vandy 10-3.

SC wears them down, ties it and then wins with a FG in the last minutes ...13-10.

At no point was it even in doubt that this game wouldn't go WAY under.

Won big there.....though that doesn't help anyone now :idunno:

Point being you can steal some easy lines in the first week or two.

Some that jump out to me...

Jaguars +4.5
Falcons -3
Cowboys PK
Patriots +5.5
Under 51 Saints/Raiders
Dolphins +10.5
Over 42 Panthers/Broncos

No research or system on those. Just a first look at the board and what stuck out.

I want Cowboys at +money. I like the Pats, Jags and Dolphins also, but I lean Tampa over Atlanta. Im leaning towards Denver Thursday night also.

I want Cowboys at +money. I like the Pats, Jags and Dolphins also, but I lean Tampa over Atlanta. Im leaning towards Denver Thursday night also.

You have to think Carolina will be a big public favorites and my natural inclination is to fade them, but man did Carolina burn a lot of bettors last year by continuing to cover every week as heavy favorites.

But this may be a come back to earth season for them (for those that don't bet, I'm not talking about W/L but ATS).

Other game that stuck out to me was Titans/Vikings being a PK with the Titans at home while the Vikings have no QB. I haven't figured that one out.

You have to think Carolina will be a big public favorites and my natural inclination is to fade them, but man did Carolina burn a lot of bettors last year by continuing to cover every week as heavy favorites.

But this may be a come back to earth season for them (for those that don't bet, I'm not talking about W/L but ATS).

Other game that stuck out to me was Titans/Vikings being a PK with the Titans at home while the Vikings have no QB. I haven't figured that one out.

Vikings might not have a QB.....but they have a MUCH better team than the Titans.

Remember the Viks were really coming together, and a Blair Walsh complete collapse on a chip shot from topping Seattle in the playoffs.

Their defense was right at the top of the league at the end of the year, and their coach, Mike Zimmer, is a brilliant defensive mind.

This is a true sucker pick.......people are thinking "No Bridgewater" and jumping on Tenn to win.

And while winning a lot last year in November and December, they weren't winning BECAUSE of Teddy.

He's a game manager while their defense and Adrian Peterson are the calling cards.

Titans would have been a bet at +3.5, but with Bridgewater out I dont know now that the line is at -1 Vikings. The value is not as good. its basically a pick. They might trade for Kapernick and that would give them a needed boost.

Couple of 1/4 unit plays for today just to get some action before NFL starts.

Now that I moved, I switched to 5Dimes this year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 14
Glad to see this "our" thread" again. Tough to tell what's gonna happen on Thuraday night. Will Denver be as motivated, especially ok D and how is the new QB?

Just when it comes to the #'s, Dolphins looks good now that they are getting more than 10 points.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom