Official Week 1 Betting Thread (1 Viewer)

2-1-1 yesterday and already locked on Redskins +3 as per my post yesterday.

Annoyed that I went Jets ML rather than +1 (or more if I paid the juice) and got Jags +4 when some of you guys went +4.5 or 5.

From what I've seen, the public is on the Steelers but the line has dropped, which tells me Redskins all the way. Will be interesting to see if my theory holds...

So much for that theory.:aargh::spit::idunno:

Played a unit on SF tonight +3 at -105, will hopefully recoup a little from the Washington loss.

SF +2.5 -105

Not gonna pay -130 juice to get +3.

$$

--------------------------------

Totals for the week (for my records, not to brag :9:)

7-1 CFB YTD (83%)

7-0 NFL YTD (100%)

A bad streak has got to be coming, but I'll take a start like that to pad the bank roll for the season.

I forgot that I bought off Ole Miss with a live bet a week ago trying to middle, so I'm actually 8-1 in CFB.

Total bets YTD posted:

Attachments

• week 1.png
    week 1.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 5
What do you guys mean by "units?" I'm unfamiliar with that betting term.

What do you guys mean by "units?" I'm unfamiliar with that betting term.

Instead of saying $30 on (insert team ) units is a measure. For me personally 1 unit = $50. So if I put 2 units on a play, its $100.

Money management is what separates winners from losers because everyone can go 50/50 even if you make 100 or 200 plays. So what you should do is make 1 unit equal to 2-3% of your starting bankroll.

If you have $100 to start with 1 unit = $2-3 When your roll is at $150-$200 you will increase your unit size to around $5 a play. Its a slow and steady way of income. When you see a game you like put more on it and you can increase your bank roll more, but if your 2+ unit plays arent hitting, then your 1 unit plays wont make you any money .

Its better to flat bet. You wont make as much but you wont lose as much either. Good luck

Leans

Dolphins +7
49ers +14
Saints +4.5
I like Miami

Personally, I think Carolina blows the Niners out. Its a West Coast team travelling across the country for a noon game. Over reaction to last nights game as the public will hammer the line down on Carolina. Not officially a play yet, but if this line settles below 13 I think its go time.

So far bets are on the Saints at 62%, so I dont know. Saints are inconsistent. We lost at home but we could possibly cover this game. No play right now.

I like the Ryan brothers over the Jets this Thursday NIght.

Washington over Dallas. Everyone taking the road dog here and remember, Dak is a rookie.

Browns +7. I dont think Baltimore is that good. Cleveland isnt as bad as they looked and thy are at home.

I started this season with $100, making $5-$7 bets depending on the juice. Once I get a better cushion I'll increase my bets.

Last year was my first year starting about week 7. I went from $50 to $750 by the end of the regular season. Beginners luck I'd say, I will not bet that way this year. Surviving Saint and Bonchie have good advice and have given me lots of pointers. I'd say they are here to help. Much respect [emoji1307]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom