Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (37 Viewers)

I watched some of Raw last night for the first time in a while...

So, are they doing kind of a 1997 Steve Austin thing with Braun Strowman? I heard them mention something about his "popularity", and yet it appears he basically tried to murder Kane and Lesnar the previous week........along with just going around and generally bullying people backstage, capped with throwing Michael Cole off the stage (in fairness, that might get a face pop for any wrestler). That cake gag where it seemed obvious that he was gonna smash it in that guy's face, but instead calmly took a piece to eat and walk off, was pretty clever.

I watched some of Raw last night for the first time in a while...

So, are they doing kind of a 1997 Steve Austin thing with Braun Strowman? I heard them mention something about his "popularity", and yet it appears he basically tried to murder Kane and Lesnar the previous week........along with just going around and generally bullying people backstage, capped with throwing Michael Cole off the stage (in fairness, that might get a face pop for any wrestler). That cake gag where it seemed obvious that he was gonna smash it in that guy's face, but instead calmly took a piece to eat and walk off, was pretty clever.

Strowman should have the belt on him already, but... stupid Vince and his man-love for #RomanRuinsEverything.

Strowman should have the belt on him already, but... stupid Vince and his man-love for #RomanRuinsEverything.

I totally disagree. I think it only hurts him and surely he doesn't need it. (kinda like Undertaker) But kayfabe-wise it's getting harder and harder to keep him away from it.

Roman Reigns’ name tied to steroid distribution ring

One year ago in Miami, a team from the Drug Enforcement Agency raided the Iron Addicts Gym, arresting multiple individuals, including one of the co-owners, on charges of running a $10 million steroid production and distribution ring.

The co-owner who was busted, Richard Rodriguez, disclosed the names of some of the celebrities that were involved in the whole Wellness Fitness Nutrition steroid business and one of them is none other than the current WWE Intercontinental champion Roman Reigns.

So thoughts on the Top 25 moment on Raw and the Mixed Match Challenge...

Punk's pipe bomb should have been an easy #1. As much as it was planned for Punk to talk after attacking Cena, the "bomb" itself was one of the best shoots in history just for how much truth was in it. I'm sure Vince regretted letting that happen when it did.

Thought the mixed match was pretty good match. I think this is going to be a good series. The only dumb move was starting it the same night they ran the Top 25 special.

But negative press could give Vince cold feet, don't think you would want your Champ having to answer steroid questions on his press tours

So has anyone else seen the stories about Daniel Bryan's Vegas odds of winning the Rumble skyrocketing this week? I believe he went from like 66-1 to 10-1. On the one hand, I feel like the odds of him even wrestling in the WWE again are slim to none. On the other, the wiseguys in that town usually have a lot of inside info. So, forget the winning part, could it be even remotely possible he enters the match? And if it happens, how quickly do your pants come off?

So has anyone else seen the stories about Daniel Bryan's Vegas odds of winning the Rumble skyrocketing this week? I believe he went from like 66-1 to 10-1. On the one hand, I feel like the odds of him even wrestling in the WWE again are slim to none. On the other, the wiseguys in that town usually have a lot of inside info. So, forget the winning part, could it be even remotely possible he enters the match? And if it happens, how quickly do your pants come off?

So they have been talking about this on Busted Open for the past week or so. And they make a good point saying it has to be one of two scenarios.

1. DB has already been cleared to wrestle again but they are keeping it under extreme secret for the ultimate surprise of him winning the Rumble and challenging AJ or just coming back for a match vs. Shane McMahon to continue the story they have been telling b/t Bryan and Shane. This has been going on for months so there has to be a reason.

2. DB is not cleared to come back and he won't be cleared to come back and Bryan has notified WWE that he won't be resigning when his contract runs up after Mania (I think) and that he want's to wrestle again, even if that is somewhere else. So, WWE is purposefully trying to 'cool' him and turn him heel or heelish so he isn't so popular anymore when he leaves them. They use the fact that he seems to be aligning with Sami/KO and they haven't given him his entrance the past couple of weeks as well. Bear in mind this is Bully Ray saying this, so he does know how Vince operates and thinks.

So I am not sure. It would not surprise me in the least if WWE is trying to 'cool' him or make him seem less important. (I don't think this would work in the least but whatever....). But it seems pretty silly to try to bury your most popular personality when they are starving for popular babyfaces.
And why would you have a multiple month story line between Shane and DB that would have absolutely no payoff??
What would be the point??

I will say this, if DB comes out for the Rumble, I would flip the freak out!!! Imagine that music hitting at #30?!!!!
:worthy:

Then imagine the buildup and match between AJ Styles and Danial Bryan!!
Who is the greatest in ring performer of this generation???
And imagine being in person at WM34 to watch it like I would be........

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/d0MYTsbRnGKoU" width="480" height="248" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/reaction-supernatural-wtf-d0MYTsbRnGKoU">via GIPHY</a></p>

I&#8217;d take my pants off in the Superdome for Daniel Bryan vs Styles....but I think there&#8217;s a 0% chance that Bryan wins the Rumble. Though let me say, I would absolutely LOVE it. It would be something different. I&#8217;d jump up and down and mark out like crazy if DB showed up at the Rumble and WON.

WWE should let him wrestle, especially if other doctors have cleared him. He&#8217;s already going to wrestle again, let him perform at Mania. He doesn&#8217;t have to be full-time.

I’d take my pants off in the Superdome for Daniel Bryan vs Styles....but I think there’s a 0% chance that Bryan wins the Rumble. Though let me say, I would absolutely LOVE it. It would be something different. I’d jump up and down and mark out like crazy if DB showed up at the Rumble and WON.

WWE should let him wrestle, especially if other doctors have cleared him. He’s already going to wrestle again, let him perform at Mania. He doesn’t have to be full-time.

This is key. Lesnar has already proven that you can hold the belt and not be around. I'm certain that the crowd could care less if DB wrestled every event, every PPV. Hell, I would imagine he might want to do part time considering he's a new dad.

Let the man wrestle dammit...

If they let DB wrestle and enter the rumble it would be amazing. They can have Shane fire DB and then he enters the rumble, win and challenge AJ just to spite Shane.

Though this is the E, always opportunity and always wasted.

Sorry guys, I'd rather see AJ vs Nakamara at Mania. See if they could outdue their Wrestle Kingdom match.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom