Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (43 Viewers)

I enjoyed every match on this card for the most part. My only real gripe was Rousey stealing the spotlight from Asuka winning the first Women's Royal Rumble match. The damn thing was hyped up so much and delivered. Asuka won the match and gets about 15 seconds to enjoy the win before Ronda makes her debut, giggling like a little girl to her unoriginal entrance music, unoriginal merch design, and what looked like her dad's leather jacket. She walks all the way to the ring to awkwardly point at the Wrestlemania sign about 17 times. It was just bad.

Here are my Rumble thoughts.

I thought overall it was a very entertaining show. Some really cool moments.

I didn't watch any of the preshow. The WWE title match was very good but once again with a weird finish. I am not sure why they can't let an AJ/KO match have a clean finish. This has been happening for months. I am ready to move on from the whole AJ/Shane/KO/Sami thing. Let KO and Sami tag up or break them apart.

Very good SDL tag match. The ending was quick though.

The men's rumble was awesome for the most part. Rusev, to me, was the most over person of the night. They loved him!! He needs to go feud with Roode for the U.S. title. Good surprise with the Hurricane and Rey! I am hoping Rey would maybe stick around and be a part of 205 live but just read that this was probably just a one-off.
If they really want to put some juice into 205 live then Rey as the GM would do it.

Not sure why they left some guys out like Dillinger and Roode. Did we really need to see Goldust and freakin Titus O'neil in the rumble???
I also thought Ziggler at 30 was a huge let down. Cole freaked out, but he was only gone like what 4 weeks??? Not exactly a shocking return. Should have had Rey at 30. but those are small gripes. I also loved the Kofi spot, and the Slater stuff.

Overall a great rumble match and I am soooooo pumped that I am going to be in that number to see AJ vs. Nakamura live in the dome!!!! They could let RR and Brock do whatever, I don't care. Just give me at least 30 minutes of AJ/Nak!!

The RAW tag match was terrible. The crowd was exhausted after that Rumble.

The Uni title match was even worse. Kane only had to do like 3 things and he messed them all up. Can he please go away now???
And I want to poo poo on Lesnar for the stiff shot to Braun. He straight up tried to knock him out after the knee by Braun. I love how WWE is so concerned about safety and concussions but they let Brock just do whatever he wants. Whatever though.....

The women's rumble was also really good. Not as good as the men but still good. Lita looked great but was very rusty. Trish looked like she never left. I wish Trish and Lita were in at the same time and had a little face off. Or maybe like Trish and Lita vs. Banks and Becky or Bayley would have been cool. They did some good stuff though.
Man you can certainly see a big difference between the older generation of women and the new girls. They are such better workers now. I didn't really like how it came down to Nikki and Asuka. I didn't think it should have been two non full time performers. I would have rather it been Asuka and maybe Sasha. But at least Asuka won.

And I was half right in my prediction on Rousey. I knew that was all smokescreen with her. It really didn't come off that well. She just came in and pointed at the mania sign. O.k?? Came off strange. We will see where they go.
I would have loved it if Asuka challenged Flair and moved to SDL and Nia could challenge Bliss for the RAW title. We also hopefully got the beginnings of a Sasha heel turn. They could then go Boss vs. Bayley at Mania.

O.k. that is enough for now. But I also just saw that Jonathon Coachmen is going to take over for Booker T on commentary for RAW. We shall see how that goes.
https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...-coachman-returns-wwe-joins-raw-announce-team

So just heard on the radio that Roddy Piper's son flew to Philly to give Ronda Rousey one of Piper's old leather jackets to wear for her debut.

I was wondering why that jacket looked so big on her, but it was because it was Piper's.

That is really cool. She said she wouldn't have been in UFC or definately in WWE now if not for Piper. Pretty cool.

I would have loved it if Asuka challenged Flair and moved to SDL and Nia could challenge Bliss for the RAW title. We also hopefully got the beginnings of a Sasha heel turn. They could then go Boss vs. Bayley at Mania.

It's still possible. I don't remember Asuka making a choice before Rousey walked in. I would rather see that. Hell, let Stephanie put over Rousey for her first match as an extension of their last clash at WM.

I still want Bayley (and Becky) to turn heel, just to see how it would work.

It's still possible. I don't remember Asuka making a choice before Rousey walked in. I would rather see that. Hell, let Stephanie put over Rousey for her first match as an extension of their last clash at WM.

I still want Bayley (and Becky) to turn heel, just to see how it would work.

yeah I have been reading their plans for Rousey or either her vs. Flair or Her and possibly the Rock vs. HHH/Steph at mania. I would be fine for that.

that would then leave either Asuka vs. Flair (yeah!) or Asuka vs. Bliss (boo!).

I still want a Sasha heel turn. I still think they can salvage Bayley if they have Sasha turn and just tear her apart. Have Bayley lose and lose and lose and lose but she still keeps plugging away until she finally comes through and beats Banks at some point. They need to go back to her NXT character.

And I don't want Becky to turn. She is the best pure babyface on the roster male or female. They just need to do SOMETHING with her though. She is in the same rut Sami was in before he turned so maybe they should
:scratch:

The majority of Russia is in Asia, just north of China.

Geography much?

yeah I have been reading their plans for Rousey or either her vs. Flair or Her and possibly the Rock vs. HHH/Steph at mania. I would be fine for that.

that would then leave either Asuka vs. Flair (yeah!) or Asuka vs. Bliss (boo!).

I still want a Sasha heel turn. I still think they can salvage Bayley if they have Sasha turn and just tear her apart. Have Bayley lose and lose and lose and lose but she still keeps plugging away until she finally comes through and beats Banks at some point. They need to go back to her NXT character.

And I don't want Becky to turn. She is the best pure babyface on the roster male or female. They just need to do SOMETHING with her though. She is in the same rut Sami was in before he turned so maybe they should
:scratch:
While I agree Sasha is better as a heel, I assume she sells the most merchandise which makes it less likely for the company to turn her.

I think Becky could work either Baby or Heel and do a damn fine job at it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom