Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (12 Viewers)

You guys did not disappoint in the arena last night, but I knew I couldn't have made it. I'm still dead from Mania, but had a great time with the experience (ironically, this thread was sort of dead cuz we were texting each other instead :9: ).

Last night was a pretty good RAW last night from a performance perspective. Some good debuts with both Ember Moon (thought she would do a rematch with Shayna first) and Lashley (wasn't expecting his return until a little later). I'm also happy to see Joe back.

Wonder what's going on with Ambrose's return. Was definitely expecting it last night since it didn't happen at Mania.

You guys did not disappoint in the arena last night, but I knew I couldn't have made it. I'm still dead from Mania, but had a great time with the experience (ironically, this thread was sort of dead cuz we were texting each other instead :9: ).

Last night was a pretty good RAW last night from a performance perspective. Some good debuts with both Ember Moon (thought she would do a rematch with Shayna first) and Lashley (wasn't expecting his return until a little later). I'm also happy to see Joe back.

Wonder what's going on with Ambrose's return. Was definitely expecting it last night since it didn't happen at Mania.

Yeah, my legs were killing me last night at RAW. We actually bought some tix like 30 minutes before at the box office and got some obstructed view seats in a section just behind the stage. We could see the ring fine but could only see a little of the stage. It worked out though as the row in front of us was empty so we could spread our legs out. Not bad seats for $30.

RAW was fun. It seemed like a ton of commercials though. Not a lot of wrestling. But the crowd was great. Some really funny chants that I'm not sure came across on TV.

Elias was great. They were chanting "We are garbage!" A TNA chant and then a new Japan chant broke out during the Sami/KO match.

After the TV sign off, Rollins called for all the beach balls and him, Finn, and Hardy played with them and the crowd taking pics and such. At one point I saw Finn with a baby in his arms. It was fun.

And Rollins was the most over by far. Wasn't even close. I think he has broken through to the next level. Fun times!!

Being in the crowd last night was fantastic. We didn’t disappoint. Felt like there were so many commercials, though.

I don’t know how people come down here and watch 4 shows in a row. I’m exhausted after Mania and Raw. NXT would have thrown me over the top.

For some people this is a "pilgrimage" to Wrestlemania weekend so that and aldrinaline get them through.

Looking back, I don't know how I used to wake up at 6 am, leave Lafayette by 8, drive to New Orleans, tailgate, watch the Saints, drive back to Houston, get home around midnight and make it to class or work the next day

Finally waking up from my Mania coma and reflecting on fantastic weekend!! So much fun at Axxcess to ROH to Mania then finally RAW.

Meet so many great fans and wrestlers. Meet, Brutus, Zybsco, Foley, and one of my childhood heroes Road Warrior Animal. And that was just at our hotel. Got to start a "Bully Ray" chant with Bully Ray when he came between me and egaut1 at the Busted Open party. Walking around NOLA giving total strangers on the street a "Too Sweet" or just talking about how much we love this silly stuff is really cool.

It's always been a bucket list item for me to see WrestleMania live and it was awesome. The set, the lights, the entrances, the crowd, it's an experience that every wrestling has to feel and its hard to express in words. Can't wait to do it again.

Attachments

• IMG_20180408_220047197.jpg
    IMG_20180408_220047197.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 1
Finally waking up from my Mania coma and reflecting on fantastic weekend!! So much fun at Axxcess to ROH to Mania then finally RAW.

Meet so many great fans and wrestlers. Meet, Brutus, Zybsco, Foley, and one of my childhood heroes Road Warrior Animal. And that was just at our hotel. Got to start a "Bully Ray" chant with Bully Ray when he came between me and egaut1 at the Busted Open party. Walking around NOLA giving total strangers on the street a "Too Sweet" or just talking about how much we love this silly stuff is really cool.

It's always been a bucket list item for me to see WrestleMania live and it was awesome. The set, the lights, the entrances, the crowd, it's an experience that every wrestling has to feel and its hard to express in words. Can't wait to do it again.
Was it just me or was it hot as hell in the Dome? Granted, I was closer to the stage so every time they turned on the flames, we felt the heat. But even without that, it seemed like someone forgot to turn the AC on.

That also might have contributed to the everlasting smoke after each display of fireworks.

Finally, concessions sucked really. The plaza level pretty much sold out of everything - food, water, even popcorn. First time I've ever encountered that.

Those things all look bad for us IMO. Those type of logistics should've been knocked out of the way before the doors opened.

Still didn't take away from the excitement though.

Mania weekend

So I wanted to share some thoughts with you guys for mania weekend. This might get long so I apologize ahead.

Friday: Went to axxess with my brother and my 5 year old son Lucas. This was really fun. Went to the 5 pm session and didn't find it that crowded. Would definately recommend people to go on the Thursday or Friday before as it got really crowded on the weekend. This is very family friendly so the kids loved it. Lucas loved the foam pit wrestling ring. He jumped in it 3 times and would have done it all night. Took a pic in Taker's coffin. Saw all kinds of memorabilia. Flair's robe and Andre's boots were a highlight. There were many stars there giving autographs but the lines were all too long. Got Gran Metalik's sig though since his was only like 5 people deep. Gargano, Paige, and New Day had the longest lines. People went nuts for the New Day. Kofi got up and twerked on the table. Saw Shinsuke there but he was in the VIP section. Too $$$. Good time. Got some good merch at the huge store.

Saturday: me and the maestreaux went to the Busted Open show at Barcadia. This was fun. Bully Ray came right up to us and started a chant with him. Then Tommy Dreamer walked in with a Kendo Stick and took pics with people. Mark Henry walked in with a bag of cracklins. Also saw Reby Hardy and Nita Strauss who did Shinsuke's guitar entrance at Mania. Lot's of fun. Saw Mick and Noelle Foley in the lobby of our hotel. Neat!
Then we went to ROH Supercard of Honor 12. Got there at about 6:30 or so and they had a two semifinal matches for the Woman of Honor tourney. In a surprise Tenille Dashwood (Emma) lost. Crowd was not happy. Show started about 7:30. Had a few matches and then got to Kota Ibushi vs. Hangman Page. Great match! Kota is super over. Next match of note was the 3-Way ladder match b/t Young Bucks with Flip Gordon vs. SoCal Uncensored. Super spot fest. Lot's of ladder spots and super entertaining. Young Bucks are super over as well. Some other team came out and interfered and eventually SoCal Uncensored won the match, but that other team took off with the belts. Flip Gordon was really fun. Next great match was Cody vs. Kenny and was simply amazing. This should have been the main event. Super hot crowd and Cody is one of the best heels in the biz right now. He had that crowd in the palm of his hand. He faked the crowd by setting up for the Shattered Dreams but then stopped and flipped off the crowd. Great Stuff!! Brandi went through a table. Cody screamed at some chick in the front row and took a beer and spit it all over the place. Young Bucks came out and tried to superkick Cody but hit Kenny instead and he lost. After Kenny pushed them off when they tried to apologize. Bullet Club drama!! After that came ROH Title match b/t Marty Skrull and Dalton Castle. The crowd was wore out at this point as it was already like 11:30 and a lot of the crowd left after Omega/Cody. This was the first time I had seen of either of these guys and I liked them both, especially Skrull. They did a good job just was real late and the crowd wasn't into it that much. Didn't end till almost 12:15. Long show but fun!! (Oh and UNO Lakefront is a dump. They literally only had 2 mens rooms. 2!! :jpshakehead:)

Sunday: Mania day. We walked over to Wrestlecon and just looked around. We didn't pay to go in but Stone Cold was there for autographs and the line was wrapped around the whole ballroom. Didn't stay long but did stand in line next to Bob Backlund. Then made our way to the dome for Mania talking to people all along the way. Everyone was real cool. Got in the dome around 4. Huge crowd. Sat in the 300 sections and had a good view but the seats were tight. The set was amazing. Probably the best looking set I have ever seen. Just massive. Show started and was really good but seemed to go down as the show went on. The Rousey/HHH and Bryan matches were the most into it the crowd got. Both super fun. the U.S. Title and SDL Tag matches were short. Charlotte/Asuka to me was the best match in person. Will have to watch back on TV to see if that still stands. As for the main event, it was doomed from the start. The crowd was exhasted and just wasn't having any of it. Chant's of "This is Awful" and "This is Boring" broke out very quickly. And in person, the match was awful. It was really slow paced and just no one cared. Even the dude behind me said "Seen one Brock match you have seen them all". That is what it felt like. Most of the crowd didn't even notice till Roman got busted. Just a really lackluster match for the main event. And after the Nak/AJ disappointment, the crowd just quit. Wish they would have given AJ and Nak more time. But I did like the heel turn.

Monday: Walked around the quarter a bit and saw Jason Jordan and his hot girlfriend. Also saw and talked with Kermit Ruffins on Bourbon st. That is one cool dud, talked to him for like 5-10 minutes. Saw some others as well. Went to RAW and had a good time.

So overall a great time. Would recommend for anyone to go to a Mania if you get a chance. I would like to go to the next one that comes back down south if it is in driving distance. That is all for now. I'm out gonna go sleep.
:9:

The Iconics are pretty damn funny. :hihi:

Really? Are you ******* kidding me? :jpshakehead:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom