Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (6 Viewers)

Was it just me or was it hot as hell in the Dome? Granted, I was closer to the stage so every time they turned on the flames, we felt the heat. But even without that, it seemed like someone forgot to turn the AC on.

That also might have contributed to the everlasting smoke after each display of fireworks.

Finally, concessions sucked really. The plaza level pretty much sold out of everything - food, water, even popcorn. First time I've ever encountered that.

Those things all look bad for us IMO. Those type of logistics should've been knocked out of the way before the doors opened.

Still didn't take away from the excitement though.

If you're talking about Mania I thought in the beginning that it was colder than Saints games. I may have been under a vent though.

i started to watch ‘mania, but was so trashed by the time the first match ended, and i still have no clue who either were.

Now, they can literally bury Rusev Day.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bury me softly, Brother <a href="https://t.co/IWnBvL20Ez">https://t.co/IWnBvL20Ez</a></p>&mdash; RusevFromRusevDay (@RusevBUL) <a href="https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/984122489818107904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 11, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now, they can literally bury Rusev Day.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bury me softly, Brother <a href="https://t.co/IWnBvL20Ez">https://t.co/IWnBvL20Ez</a></p>— RusevFromRusevDay (@RusevBUL) <a href="https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/984122489818107904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 11, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
It's a damn shame they, I'm sorry, HE (meaning Vince) feels the need to do this to someone who is making him good money from a merchandise standpoint.

It's a damn shame they, I'm sorry, HE (meaning Vince) feels the need to do this to someone who is making him good money from a merchandise standpoint.

So you know, I'm a big Rusev fan and not a real big Taker fan. So when I first heard about it and posted it I was annoyed that another up and comer and potential star will have to do the job for Taker.

But then I started really thinking about it and who exactly would go up against Taker and win?? There are only 2 guys who would plausibly go over Taker and they already did in the last 2-3 years. That would be Brock and Roman.
Literally anyone else on the WWE Roster right now would not go over Taker. The only other possibility would be maybe Braun, but that is too big of a match to do over there.

So when you think it really doesn't matter who goes up against him they will lose. And literally every big name from the past 20 years has lost to Taker at some point. So getting a singles match against Taker, even if he loses, is still a big deal for Rusev. And really wouldn't he rather have a one on one vs. Taker and lose than be 1 of 50 in some silly battle royal?

Now, on the other hand this is my main problem with the WWE. They sacrifice their young new stars to put over already established vets. To me it should be the other way around. Imagine if Rusev actually defeated Taker in a casket match?! He is already really over, he would be launched to the next stratosphere. He would instantly become a main eventer. THAT is how you could create a new star. Look at what AJ beating Jericho and Cena a few years back did for him. This is the model they should be following. They are trying it with Roman just the fans don't want him.

So what do you guys think? Should Rusev be happy that he is working with Taker or should he be ****** cause he has to lose to a 53 year old?
:scratch:

Did you all see the Andre the Giant documentary that came out on HBO on Tuesday? I got to watch it last night and really enjoyed it. I remember I got to see him while he was feuding with Jake the Snake, I believe it was at a house show at U.N.O. We were sitting near the aisle where the wrestlers came out and I just remember seeing this mountain of a man, and he turned towards me and growled. I just turned and took off running and jumped into my dad’s lap. I was terrified.

I think Hulk Hogan wrestled the Big Boss Man at that show as well. It had to be around the late 80’s.

But then I started really thinking about it and who exactly would go up against Taker and win?? There are only 2 guys who would plausibly go over Taker and they already did in the last 2-3 years. That would be Brock and Roman.
Literally anyone else on the WWE Roster right now would not go over Taker. The only other possibility would be maybe Braun, but that is too big of a match to do over there.

So what do you guys think? Should Rusev be happy that he is working with Taker or should he be ****** cause he has to lose to a 53 year old?

I could argue that there is no one - not even Brock or Roman - who should go over Taker here. You just don't have Taker lose his own gimmick match after the manner in which he beat Cena at Mania. I like Rusev. He is obviously over and deserving of overall better booking, but he will be losing to Taker in Taker's own specialty match, one that won't even require Rusev to eat a pinfall.

So you know, I'm a big Rusev fan and not a real big Taker fan. So when I first heard about it and posted it I was annoyed that another up and comer and potential star will have to do the job for Taker.

So when you think it really doesn't matter who goes up against him they will lose. And literally every big name from the past 20 years has lost to Taker at some point. So getting a singles match against Taker, even if he loses, is still a big deal for Rusev. And really wouldn't he rather have a one on one vs. Taker and lose than be 1 of 50 in some silly battle royal?

Now, on the other hand this is my main problem with the WWE. They sacrifice their young new stars to put over already established vets. To me it should be the other way around. Imagine if Rusev actually defeated Taker in a casket match?! He is already really over, he would be launched to the next stratosphere. He would instantly become a main eventer. THAT is how you could create a new star. Look at what AJ beating Jericho and Cena a few years back did for him. This is the model they should be following. They are trying it with Roman just the fans don't want him.

I don't think Rusev should be in a match with Taker at all. I also think WWE is screwing Rusev over so badly right now. If he somehow wins that match against Taker he would shot up to the top of the card so fast, but we all know Vince isn't going to let that happen.

Rusev out Jericho in at big rumble

Good for him, but this is probably not good for his career. Rusev is insanely over right now, just like Elias, but all WWE wants to do is book them in segments where they put people over.

This really isn't good for Rusev. Even though he would have taken a loss, he still would have been getting the rub from an icon. He will likely be even further buried now.

This really isn't good for Rusev. Even though he would have taken a loss, he still would have been getting the rub from an icon. He will likely be even further buried now.
I was thinking the same thing, wondering if this was done in response to his tweet about being buried.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom