Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (13 Viewers)

So, I've seen a few comments elsewhere that Rusev no longer has any mention of WWE on his Twitter and no longer has the username RusevFromRusevDay. Can anyone confirm? I'm not on the Twitters...

So, I've seen a few comments elsewhere that Rusev no longer has any mention of WWE on his Twitter and no longer has the username RusevFromRusevDay. Can anyone confirm? I'm not on the Twitters...

Hours after the interview dropped, Rusev was unceremoniously removed from his casket match with The Undertaker and replaced with Chris Jericho.

After losing his shot versus The Undertaker at the Greatest Royal Rumble, Rusev changed his profile picture on Twitter and deleted all references to the WWE from his profile.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...om-profile-reacts-to-undertaker-match-removal

FYI in case anyone went to the HOF event...

http://www.sunherald.com/entertainment/article208703854.html

The Louisiana Department of Health has confirmed a case of measles in New Orleans.

The TV station reported the person was hospitalized Saturday and tested positive for measles Sunday.

WGNO reported the person, who arrived in New Orleans from the United Kingdom, with measles is receiving care at a New Orleans hospital.

Fox 8 reported that a person with the "highly contagious" virus attended at least the WWE Hall of Fame event Friday at the Smoothie King Center. WWE was in the Big Easy for WrestleMania 34 on Sunday.

Seriously hoping this is a work, but it doesn't look good right now...

Rusev even began to promote the feud on social media hours after the WWE announced the match.

This morning (Apr. 12) Rusev and his wife Lana conducted an interview with TMZ and the leader of the Rusev Day movement talked a little trash to The Deadman. The TMZ video interview would then catch the attention of The Undertaker’s wife, former WWE wrestler Michelle McCool, and something just felt off about the whole interaction.

Hours after the interview dropped, Rusev was unceremoniously removed from his casket match with The Undertaker and replaced with Chris Jericho.

After losing his shot versus The Undertaker at the Greatest Royal Rumble, Rusev changed his profile picture on Twitter and deleted all references to the WWE from his profile.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...om-profile-reacts-to-undertaker-match-removal

His profile picture on Twitter says Other Versions of You and has no mention of WWE. Last tweet says "Life is life...it will be #RusevDay somewhere."

O.k. So I have been reading more on this Rusev situation and I am beginning to think that Rusev was removed not to the interview or whatever Lana did or didn't say online.
He was removed at the request of whoever is putting on the show in Saudi Arabia.

I think him removing the WWE stuff from his twitter and all that stuff is just a work to mask the fact that the WWE swapped out Rusev for Jericho to appease the Saudis.

Think about it. Whoever is putting on this show is Jedda is trying to make as much money as possible. It will be a mostly eastern crowd. They want the big names. Cena, Taker, HHH, Brock, etc. And while Rusev is certainly very popular in the IWC and in the States he is probably an unknown outside of the wrestling community much less Saudi Arabia. Plus his race/nationality might have something to do with it as well. Less face facts, the Saudi's aren't exactly a very progressive nation, at least culturally. I could totally see the promoters over there complaining about having the Undertaker face some unknown (to them) eastern european from bulgaria. They probably requested a more marquee opponent for Taker to sell more tix/buys. I know if I was promoting a show I would prefer to have Jericho/Taker over Rusev/Taker even though I love Rusev. Jericho is one of the best ever, Rusev is still making a name for himself.

The whole McCool/twitter/tmz beef thing to me seems like a smokescreen for WWE to cover themselves. They could then tie this into storylines on the WWE shows or even for Total Bellas.

This is strictly me just speculating. If we don't see Rusev for a few weeks and he is actually gone than everything I said was useless. But just wanted to throw that out there. This whole situation is intriguing though.

O.k. So I have been reading more on this Rusev situation and I am beginning to think that Rusev was removed not to the interview or whatever Lana did or didn't say online.
He was removed at the request of whoever is putting on the show in Saudi Arabia.

I think him removing the WWE stuff from his twitter and all that stuff is just a work to mask the fact that the WWE swapped out Rusev for Jericho to appease the Saudis.

Think about it. Whoever is putting on this show is Jedda is trying to make as much money as possible. It will be a mostly eastern crowd. They want the big names. Cena, Taker, HHH, Brock, etc. And while Rusev is certainly very popular in the IWC and in the States he is probably an unknown outside of the wrestling community much less Saudi Arabia. Plus his race/nationality might have something to do with it as well. Less face facts, the Saudi's aren't exactly a very progressive nation, at least culturally. I could totally see the promoters over there complaining about having the Undertaker face some unknown (to them) eastern european from bulgaria. They probably requested a more marquee opponent for Taker to sell more tix/buys. I know if I was promoting a show I would prefer to have Jericho/Taker over Rusev/Taker even though I love Rusev. Jericho is one of the best ever, Rusev is still making a name for himself.

The whole McCool/twitter/tmz beef thing to me seems like a smokescreen for WWE to cover themselves. They could then tie this into storylines on the WWE shows or even for Total Bellas.

This is strictly me just speculating. If we don't see Rusev for a few weeks and he is actually gone than everything I said was useless. But just wanted to throw that out there. This whole situation is intriguing though.

Well if you're right, I owe you a beer.

True or not, your reasoning is sound, and according to the CSS rumors today, Rusev removing references WWE is a work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom