Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (118 Viewers)

Read the spoilers. It will be on for background noise.

Also, what a terrible way to set up Rousey vs Nia.

Wait, they're giving Rousey a title shot already? WTH?

yeah I am not a fan of Rousey getting a title shot in her 2nd match nor how they went about it. That was almost cringeworthy b/t the 3 of them. Rousey really can't act, like in anyway shape or form. Plus Nia isn't exactly extremely polished in ring, so it might be kind of rough. That isn't HHH you are in the ring with now. But whatevs.....

RAW was decent last night. Great match b/t Rollins and KO. I'm glad KO got back in MITB. He needed a win in the worst way.
I also liked what they did with Roman. That is what Roman should be. Just a silent killer that does what he wants.

But man, what do you guys think about the 'All In' show selling 10,000 tickets in under 30 minutes?! That is crazy. Having a sold out wrestling show is very rare and much less an independent show selling out in 30 minutes with only one match announced is nuts!! I'm super happy for Cody Rhodes and the Bucks. This will hopefully signal some change in the industry that WWE and their sometimes stale/bland/repetitive product is not the only show in town.
If it is going to be anything like the Supercard of Honor show from Mania weekend then it will be an awesome show! I would go back to an ROH show in a heartbeat.
You guys think this will change anything in the business??

The Smart Marks sold it out. The casuals have no idea. I guarantee you it will be a good show though.

This Styles/Nak match is more entertaining than their E PPV outings...

Decent show as a whole. So I wonder do Carmella drop to Asuka or do they use Asuka to put the new Mrs. Cena over?

SDL was a good show, much better than the last few weeks. The only garbage was the Carmella segment until Asuka showed up. Plus I was shouting from the roof tops when Becky qualified for the women's MITB match

Financially the WWE has had a banner week. Yesterday news broke that the pro wrestling company was zeroing in on a TV deal that would pay them upwards of $400 million a year for the right to broadcast Monday night Raw.

Frontrunning contenders for “SmackDown” rights include Fox, Facebook and Amazon. With the recent news that Fox will be sharing Ultimate Fighting Championship rights with ESPN, a few holes could open up in its scheduling that would present a great fit for WWE’s programming.”

One option open to “SmackDown” is moving from a two- to three-hour format akin to “Raw.” That would obviously inflate the show’s advertising potential, which might even be an enticing lure for suitors

Report: SmackDown may move to three hours in potential new TV deal for the WWE

So I finally sat down and watched the documentary on Andre the Giant. Wow, that was pretty damn good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom