Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (73 Viewers)

I watched Suzuki and ZSJ vs Ishii and Yano, Ospreay vs Takahashi and Jericho vs Naito. I'm saving Omega vs Okada for when I get home later

Omega vs Okada is beyond a doubt the best match I've seen.

After reading Meltzer's thoughts on the matter, I fully expect him to go 7 Stars.

"When this was over, my first thought was: 'This is the best match I will ever see.'"

Referring to the star ratings, Alvarez said, "Everyone freaked out about the Tokyo Dome match because allegedly the scale was broken." Dave responded, "Well... It was today!"

He says, "I don't think anybody else could've done this match. I think if you put AJ Styles in there, I don't think he could've done it. I think if you put Naito in there, Tanahashi, and you know, these guys are fantastic. I don't know that they could've done that at this level."

Finally got around to watching Dominion today. Incredible show overall, but Okada/Omega IV is probably the single greatest wrestling match I've ever seen. Full stop. From an in-ring story telling perspective, from a workrate perspective, from just about any way you want to look at it, I genuinely don't know if I can think of anything I've seen that tops it. If someone were to ask me "What do you think wrestling should be," I'd point to that match. And I love how they were portrayed as totally evenly matched opponents who arguably know each other better than anyone. In a lot of ways this match was a story of counters and reversals, and I mean that in the best possible way.

Both guys are obviously incredible talents on their own and can have good matches with just about anyone, but when they work together they have some of the most insane in-ring chemistry I've ever seen. Every V-Trigger, every suplex, every dive, every piledriver looked deadly in this damn thing. Hell, even Okada's dropkicks were looking brutal.

Getting into NJPW this past year has really reinvigorated my love for wrestling, which WWE had all but killed (NXT nonwithstanding). Dominion was the best show I've seen this year, and maybe in several years.

Did anyone watch NJPW DOMINION?

Finished watching last night. Fantastic show overall. Ospreay vs Takahashi was simply amazing to watch. Two guys with no restrictions going full throttle is a joy to watch. Jericho vs Naito was good and brutal. Jericho continues to amaze me in the ways he can reinvent himself and be such a nasty hateful heel. Omega vs Okada was an instant classic. I can't say its the greatest the match I've ever seen because I only know part of story. I've only seen their first match and just starting watching NJPW is past few months. But the performances from both men were so incredible that they sucked me in and by the end I had some misty eyes. Especially when the Bucks come out. Some of the moves, especially Kenny's knee strikes looked so brutal!!! Simply incredible match.

In terms of importance and how it changed wrestling as a whole, I could see how Omega vs Okada from Dominion could be this era's Savage vs Steamboat from WM3.

I honestly can't think of a match that was better than this one in the last 5-10 years. It was the closest to perfection that Ive seen.

I'm the only crazy one watching tonight?

OMG!!! Did Coachman really say John Meyer is a hip-hop artist?:smilielol:

And for the "beatdown" Lashley received, the stupid cap is still on his head. :jpshakehead:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom