Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (36 Viewers)

This cracked me up:

• The expectation right now is that Roman Reigns is winning the Universal title from Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam but there is apparently concern over how the match will be received in Brooklyn, considering recent crowds.
Rumor Roundup: SummerSlam plans, WWE Evolution, Randy Orton, more!

"Concern?" Really? Vince really is that stupid? The Brooklyn crowd is going to take a drizzling shirt all over this match. In fact, it's probably the only thing about it that I'm looking forward to.

This cracked me up:

• The expectation right now is that Roman Reigns is winning the Universal title from Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam but there is apparently concern over how the match will be received in Brooklyn, considering recent crowds.
Rumor Roundup: SummerSlam plans, WWE Evolution, Randy Orton, more!

"Concern?" Really? Vince really is that stupid? The Brooklyn crowd is going to take a drizzling shirt all over this match. In fact, it's probably the only thing about it that I'm looking forward to.

You and me both. What a forking buffoon Vince is.

My completely unrealistic and will never happen booking idea... KO beats Brawn to win the briefcase, Brock beats Roman again, KO cashes in on Brock! A Man can dream can't he?

Just met Trish Stratus. Gawd, that woman still has it...

Awesome. Where is this?

Raleigh, NC

They had several HoFamers. DDP, Rey, Slaughter, Hillbilly Jim, King, Teddy Long, and Tully. I forgot how big wrestling is here.

Hell, there's even a promotion at the convention that has been having shows in full cosplay.

RIP to one of the great heels of the past.

As first reported by PWInsider, WWE Hall of Famer Nikolai Volkoff died this morning (July 29). He was 70 years old. The site says he was just released from a hospital in Maryland where he was being treated for dehydration and other issues. There is no confirmation at this time on cause of death.

Born Josip Nikolai Peruzović in 1947. Volkoff mostly played a villainous Russian throughout his four decade-plus career. In reality, he was Croatian/Yugoslavian. He emigrated to Canada while part of the Yugoslavian weightlifting team and trained with Stu Hart in Calgary. He debuted with Stampede Wrestling in western Canada before moving to the states to wrestle for the NWA and eventually Vince McMahon Sr’s WWWF.

WWE Hall of Famer Nikolai Volkoff has died

We have four decades of proof that, yes, he is. He's more stupid than the mortal mind can imagine.

And even beyond what we see on the product, we have countless testimonials from people who have worked with him that prove he is a weirdo who is obsessed with farts and completely out of touch with the modern world.

Vince is, at the end of the day, dumb Carolina trailer trash that lucked into becoming a billionaire thanks to one ballsy (but probably inevitable) move (going national in the 80's) and WCW killing itself. If either of those two things don't work out, he isn't where he is now.
I would go even further and say he was lucky to inherent the New York territory.

Brickhouse Brown also died today (for real this time, unlike the last time he was said to have died.)

That's three in one day. Damn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom