Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (36 Viewers)

WWE released a statement saying sh is under contract until April 2021

But they also said if she wanted to have a baby that it was a private matter, which is not necessarily true under broad interpretations of FMLA.

Cruiserweight Championship -- Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Kalisto vs. Akira Towaza vs. Hideo Itami - Don't really watch that much, but I read something about them bringing up Murphy so he might drop it to........let's say Kalisto.

United States Championship -- Rusev (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - Rusev. I would like to see Andradre challenge Rusev for the US title next.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship -- The Bar (c) vs. The Miz & Shane McMahon - I think I smell a turn coming as well. I want to see Miz with a little face run, so I am going to say Shane turns on Miz, so Bar retains.

SmackDown Women's Championship -- Asuka (c) vs. Becky Lynch: I see interference from Charlotte or possibly Ronda, and cost Becky the title. If it's Ronda it would make sense for Becky to challenge Ronda if she wins the Rumble then.

Raw Women's Championship -- Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Sasha Banks: I too think Sasha should win but Ronda is the new Roman, gotta make her look strong!!!!

WWE Championship -- Daniel Bryan (c) vs. AJ Styles: D-Bry all the way. Fickle!!!!

Universal Championship -- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Finn Balor: Finn should win but we all know that Brock is holding that title till mania. But WWE is really blowing a big opportunity to create a big new star by having Finn go over Brock clean. Imagine how much excitement and energy and fresh storylines a Finn win would bring. But alas, why create new stars when you can just bring back an old one right?

Women's Royal Rumble: If Becky loses the title match then it has to be her. Or they go the WWE route and have Charlotte win this too.

Men's Royal Rumble: man, I really don't know what they are thinking with this one. If Brock is carrying the title all the way to Mania then that would dictace that a Face would have to face him. The biggest face on RAW is Rollins, and on SDL it's AJ. So I will go with Rollins. Wildcard pick: AJ

Surprise Entrants: Velveteen Dream, Lars Sullivan, Mark Henry, Booker T, Shane McMahon, KO, The Bellas, Lita, Molly Holly, and many other 'older' women.
Note: Those are srtictly guesses, I have not read any rumors or read the dirt sheets or anything. Don't want to spoil anything.

I tried watching Raw for the first time in a better part of a year last week and I genuinely don't know how you guys do it. Nothing made sense. There was no reason for the actual matches. Most of them weren't even explained. Guy cuts a promo, another guy interrupts the promo, go to commercial, come back and a match has already started with no explanation. And then the camera work jump cuts and zooms in and out on every strike, making you nauseous the entire time.

Vince looks and sounds terrible, by the way. His age has caught up to him big time.

But they also said if she wanted to have a baby that it was a private matter, which is not necessarily true under broad interpretations of FMLA.

She's not considered an employee of WWE.

I tried watching Raw for the first time in a better part of a year last week and I genuinely don't know how you guys do it. Nothing made sense. There was no reason for the actual matches. Most of them weren't even explained. Guy cuts a promo, another guy interrupts the promo, go to commercial, come back and a match has already started with no explanation. And then the camera work jump cuts and zooms in and out on every strike, making you nauseous the entire time.

Vince looks and sounds terrible, by the way. His age has caught up to him big time.

Over the years, I've been one of those who will continue with something long after its figurative expiration date.....simply because it's something I've always done. There was a time when I was paying for a phone land line for probably a good 4 or 5 years after I truly needed it......because, who knows? Maybe eventually I WOULD need it (instead, everyone I knew texted or called my cell, and nothing but telemarketers called my land line).

Same with WWE. I was still watching it long after others were letting it go and transitioning into UFC fans a decade ago. And even I...............as late to the party as I usually am with things.............basically realized a few years ago that outside of cherry-picking a few enjoyable things here and there, this is likely as good as it's gonna get for WWE the rest of the way. And if a segment IS good enough to where it's "can't miss" and people are talking, it'll end up online anyway.

She's not considered an employee of WWE.

Being a contractor doesn't necessarily exempt WWE from FMLA requirements. There is case law that has establish precedent by which contractors have been granted protection from employers.

Holy sheet. This match between Ricochet and Johnny Wrestling is so good.

Haven’t watched Takeover yet. Anyone have any real hope for the Rumble? I feel like it’s been a bust the past few years.

NXT Takeover was of course a good but not great show. The tag match was awesome and Gargano/Ricochet was spectacular!! MOTY so far for me. Better than anything I saw at WK. Ricochet is just inhuman! The woman's match was OK, BelAir is good but still green. the Ciampia/Black took a long time to get going but the last 10 minutes are great. And I'm sorry but I just don't get Matt Riddle? Never seen any of his idie work and I know he hasn't had much time in NXT so far but not really feeling his character. Maybe it's the no boots thing, which I absolutely hate by the way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

• cpg
Back
Top Bottom