Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (14 Viewers)

A Bust??? Both of last years Rumble matches were fantastic fun! The men's was one of the best Rumbles in years!

It was definitely an improvement over the ones prior, and I thought it was good for Shinsuke, but I just found the match to be underwhelming.

I think my imagination runs too wild prior to the event, thinking of every different angle that writing could go, and it never lives up to it.

NXT Takeover was of course a good but not great show. The tag match was awesome and Gargano/Ricochet was spectacular!! MOTY so far for me. Better than anything I saw at WK. Ricochet is just inhuman! The woman's match was OK, BelAir is good but still green. the Ciampia/Black took a long time to get going but the last 10 minutes are great. And I'm sorry but I just don't get Matt Riddle? Never seen any of his idie work and I know he hasn't had much time in NXT so far but not really feeling his character. Maybe it's the no boots thing, which I absolutely hate by the way.

Agreed. Ricochet is just one of those rare oddities you have to watch each time he performs. And the guy sells his bumps. Makes them almost believable, which a lot of people can't do these days.

It was definitely an improvement over the ones prior, and I thought it was good for Shinsuke, but I just found the match to be underwhelming.

I think my imagination runs too wild prior to the event, thinking of every different angle that writing could go, and it never lives up to it.

I think the women's rumble outperforms the men's this year. Outside of some major swerve, I just can't see anything exciting coming out of the men's side.

The ladies, however, have so many different angles to go at.

I think the women's rumble outperforms the men's this year. Outside of some major swerve, I just can't see anything exciting coming out of the men's side.

The ladies, however, have so many different angles to go at.

Agreed. I ate the cheese and was halfway hopeful a few weeks ago when the McMahon family showed up and started talking about changes, but it’s really just been business as usual. Oh, yeah, and a few randomly placed sideboob segments. Maybe it’s because my kid is 3 and has been requiring a lot of attention during those hours, but I’ve been sleepwalking through wrestling. Here’s to hoping they wake me up tonight.

People are assuming their may be callups after last night, but this speaks to a larger problem: their roster is already insanely bloated and they just did a round of callups that haven't done much of anything yet. And in the round of callups before *that* you have groups like Sanity, AoP, etc. that haven't done anything or really been used.

WWE doesn't want to cut anyone because they're in the middle of a talent arms race, but at a certain point they're just going to be paying people lots of money to sit at home WCW style. Something has to give eventually. They've got more wrestlers than time for those wrestlers to do anything and they keep adding more.

NXT Takeover was of course a good but not great show. The tag match was awesome and Gargano/Ricochet was spectacular!! MOTY so far for me. Better than anything I saw at WK. Ricochet is just inhuman! The woman's match was OK, BelAir is good but still green. the Ciampia/Black took a long time to get going but the last 10 minutes are great. And I'm sorry but I just don't get Matt Riddle? Never seen any of his idie work and I know he hasn't had much time in NXT so far but not really feeling his character. Maybe it's the no boots thing, which I absolutely hate by the way.
Totally agree about Riddle. I just don't get anything about him. The barefoot thing also bugs me.

Totally agree about Riddle. I just don't get anything about him. The barefoot thing also bugs me.

Reminds me of the old days when Kevin Von Erich wrestled barefooted. Thought it was crazy then just as I do with Riddle now.

Kevin Von Erich once cut his foot on someone's tooth in a match and it got badly infected. Ever since I heard that story the idea of wrestling barefoot has been repulsive to me. I get Riddle is an MMA guy and they dont wear shoes but its just... different somehow.

Becky/Asuka up first. Means Becky definitely shows up in the Rumble.

Clean win by Asuka? Was not expecting that. Just knew Charlotte or Ronda was popping up.

Swerve has to be coming in this match.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom