Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (120 Viewers)

Now that was a good wrestling show! Thank you SDL!
I wonder if the people who produce RAW also watch SDL cause they just got worked.

I loved that show last night. All of it was working for me.

The New Day finally went off and showed some anger and frustration. Vince played his part perfectly and everything the New Day said was 100% correct. Now we get a must watch show next week with another gauntlet match. Kofi! Kofi! Kofi! This is the best storyline going in WWE right now and it's not even close.

Becky actually appeared on Smackdown!! And it finally felt like the Man Becky lynch again. I wish it was just her but Charlotte had to come out and say her same spiel. Loved her line about playing mind games with someone who has no brain.....ouch!! Sick burn! (none of this still makes any sense nor does Charlotte need to be in the match but it is what it is at this point, should be entertaining)

The tag division is absolutely loaded. I still think Rusev and Nak are better as singles guys but if you don't have anything for them put em together. The Uso's had a great promo. And can we give the Uso's some credit. They are the best tag team in the world right now. They are killing it. I would like to see a multi team match with some of these teams. Mabe Uso's/hardys/The Bar/Rusev-nak in an elimination match.

The weakest spot last night was the Asuka/Mandy/Deville segment. I still don't understand what they are doing with Asuka. Give her some direction please.

I loved Shane's promo to open the show. Heel Shane is sooo much better than face Shane. Loved how he roughed up the announcer and bragged about the 'best in the world' stuff. man wrestling is crazy. Who would have thought beating down the Miz would get you booed that much. I want to see unhinged Miz just go nuts on Shane. This should be a cage match or something at mania. Some kind of stipulation. Maybe an 'I quit' match??

The Orton/AJ promo was great as well. Both guys spitting some truth. This reminded me of the AJ/Cena promos. I loved AJ's line about the knockoff Diamond cutter........

Glad to see the Iconics challenge Bayley/Sasha. Just anybody else besides Nia/Tamina please.

the U.S. title scene is popping as well. Love Joe as champ. WTF was Rey wearing though?? Even Graves cracked up at his 'costume'. Can we just have these 4 guys have a ladder match for the US title at mania? maybe add KO or Ali or both. Since I am guessing KO is done going against Bryan. So move him to the US title scene.

Smackdown is hitting it's stride at the right time. Almost the opposite of RAW. How can two shows put on by the same company be so totally different?
Now I am excited for mania. Thanks Kofi!!!

Now that was a good wrestling show! Thank you SDL!
I wonder if the people who produce RAW also watch SDL cause they just got worked.

I loved that show last night. All of it was working for me.

The New Day finally went off and showed some anger and frustration. Vince played his part perfectly and everything the New Day said was 100% correct. Now we get a must watch show next week with another gauntlet match. Kofi! Kofi! Kofi! This is the best storyline going in WWE right now and it's not even close.

Becky actually appeared on Smackdown!! And it finally felt like the Man Becky lynch again. I wish it was just her but Charlotte had to come out and say her same spiel. Loved her line about playing mind games with someone who has no brain.....ouch!! Sick burn! (none of this still makes any sense nor does Charlotte need to be in the match but it is what it is at this point, should be entertaining)

The tag division is absolutely loaded. I still think Rusev and Nak are better as singles guys but if you don't have anything for them put em together. The Uso's had a great promo. And can we give the Uso's some credit. They are the best tag team in the world right now. They are killing it. I would like to see a multi team match with some of these teams. Mabe Uso's/hardys/The Bar/Rusev-nak in an elimination match.

The weakest spot last night was the Asuka/Mandy/Deville segment. I still don't understand what they are doing with Asuka. Give her some direction please.

I loved Shane's promo to open the show. Heel Shane is sooo much better than face Shane. Loved how he roughed up the announcer and bragged about the 'best in the world' stuff. man wrestling is crazy. Who would have thought beating down the Miz would get you booed that much. I want to see unhinged Miz just go nuts on Shane. This should be a cage match or something at mania. Some kind of stipulation. Maybe an 'I quit' match??

The Orton/AJ promo was great as well. Both guys spitting some truth. This reminded me of the AJ/Cena promos. I loved AJ's line about the knockoff Diamond cutter........

Glad to see the Iconics challenge Bayley/Sasha. Just anybody else besides Nia/Tamina please.

the U.S. title scene is popping as well. Love Joe as champ. What the Fork! was Rey wearing though?? Even Graves cracked up at his 'costume'. Can we just have these 4 guys have a ladder match for the US title at mania? maybe add KO or Ali or both. Since I am guessing KO is done going against Bryan. So move him to the US title scene.

Smackdown is hitting it's stride at the right time. Almost the opposite of RAW. How can two shows put on by the same company be so totally different?
Now I am excited for mania. Thanks Kofi!!!

Great review as always. Agree with everything you said.

Man, if Kofi's promo didn't give you the feels last night, I don't know what to tell you. As a father and grandfather, that line about not being able to go trick or treating with his kids had me choked up. The whole crowd went silent. And hate him all you want, but Vince plays the perfect heel, no matter what. He knows the role.

That whole segment was absolute gold. Now some more build up next week before we get the big payoff.

Last edited:
I, too, am looking forward to SDL giving Kofi another showcase next week. How long do we think he gets in the gauntlet? An hour? More?

Also, something brought up in the CSS review, Vince didn't specifically say that if Kofi wins, he gets a Title shot at Mania. I'm curious if there will be another brass ring to grab.

Either way, I'm enjoying this road to Wrestlemania. It might be the best since the build to 30 in NOLA.

Also, something brought up in the CSS review, Vince didn't specifically say that if Kofi wins, he gets a Title shot at Mania. I'm curious if there will be another brass ring to grab.

That's the other screwjob I mentioned last night.

Hey, look, Brock is on TV to dance around while Heyman cuts another repetitive promo.

Pretty much what I wanted to say. Heyman has really gotten old with his promos.

Pretty much what I wanted to say. Heyman has really gotten old with his promos.
There's only so many ways he can cut the same promo about one guy. I'm sick of Brock, and Heyman by association. It worked really well for a while, but it's time for Lesnar to go away and Heyman to get a new client(s).

There's only so many ways he can cut the same promo about one guy. I'm sick of Brock, and Heyman by association. It worked really well for a while, but it's time for Lesnar to go away and Heyman to get a new client(s).

Hell, McIntyre would be great, but he's not bad on the mic. The perfect two would've been Roman and Ronda.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom