Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (40 Viewers)

I would be shocked, but that's a good thing. Also, I thought that entire main event segment came off great. That is how you lead into WM.
Yeah. I was a little worried with that stupid tag match, but the show ended pretty nicely, unlike the "A" show.

So, honestly...
  1. Was Mustafa Ali's injury a work?
  2. If it wasn't, would he be in Kofi's spot right now?
  3. If Ali was legit injured(and I believe he was), and Kofi didn't get as over as he did, who would you have facing Bryan at Mania?

So, honestly...
  3. If Ali was legit injured(and I believe he was), and Kofi didn't get as over as he did, who would you have facing Bryan at Mania?

tenor.gif

We are quick to blame creative and the writers, but I would love to sit in on a meeting and see how many ideas Vince shoots down. On the flipside though Smackdown is a much better show.

Does Vince not sit in on Smackdown writer's meetings? Does he just not care and lets them do what they want? Or his he blind and just sees his ideas and Raw as that much better? I think it is all three.

Braun and Bobby should just be destructive machines. Braun is decent on the microphone so I don't mind him, but Bobby just needs to come out destroy everyone....and btw don't be surprised for him to end the Demon's unbeaten streak this week at Mania.

I think Brock retains and Vince either has McIntyre or Roman beat the Beast. Although, if they have Roman immediately turn heel, that would be brilliant.

But the women segment...I haven't laughed that much during Raw in awhile. I unfortunately see the main event being potentially a train wreck.

I agree with this. I think Vince does more with RAW and has to have his fingers all over it. You can just tell. There is no flow or consistency with RAW and a lot of the stuff is just thrown together. SDL has a constant narrative and they do things to build stories logically. Most of the stuff on SDL has a purpose. Not sure why.

So, honestly...

1. I think his injury was legit. It happens all the time.
2 & 3. No he would not be in Kofi's spot now. From what I have seen/read the original plan was for Ali to face Bryan at Fastlane and then have a returning KO face DB at Mania for the title. I think Kofi just caught fire and the crowd response was so great that they just went with it instead of fighting against it, ala the whole Roman Reigns debacle.
They recognized that Kofi was who the crowd wanted and supported so they called an audible and put him in there. I think anyone with a sound business mind could see that it was the right decision.
Again, I just think that Vince cares more about RAW then SDL and so he let the leaders of SDL go with it. Think about it, if you just subbed in KO for Kofi doesn't it make a lot more sense that Vince would want to keep him down and throw obstacles in his way since KO headbutted Vince and left him bloody a while back??? They just made a slight tweak to say Vince didn't want Kofi cause he was a "B+" player and then let people think about the race stuff. It's actually pretty brilliant. For as bad as things go on RAW, kudos to them for making it work on SDL.

Just read Taker will be the one to interrupt Elias. Tombstone them walk to the back...sounds about right.

Rey is likely out with Joe with an Ankle injury so replaces him?

And with the women's belts being unified, and Smackdown moving to Fox the brand extension is likely over. Fox wants, and will get, Raw superstars to appear on Smackdown look for Universal and WWE Championships and tag championships to be unified. Intercontinental and US Championship will probably stay separated. Thoughts?

Just read Taker will be the one to interrupt Elias. Tombstone them walk to the back...sounds about right.

Rey is likely out with Joe with an Ankle injury so replaces him?

And with the women's belts being unified, and Smackdown moving to Fox the brand extension is likely over. Fox wants, and will get, Raw superstars to appear on Smackdown look for Universal and WWE Championships and tag championships to be unified. Intercontinental and US Championship will probably stay separated. Thoughts?

Good stuff MSU!
If taker comes out....meh. I am soooo over Taker at this point. I could go off on a rant about him but it's been done and I don't even care. Whatever. As long as he doesn't take 15 minutes to come out and take away time from the bazillion matches on the card.

As for replacing Rey. My guess would be Cena. As all I have read is he is definitely gonna be there, just nobody knows doing what. So I could see Cena replacing Rey and probably beating Joe for the US Title. As long as he doesn't squash Joe and it is a competitive match, i'm fine with it. Cena has put over tons of guys lately so he is due for a big win. And Joe can take it back from him later. I would really like to see a long term feud b/t those two. Can you imagine the promos b/t those two??!! oh lawdy.......
If not Cena then I don't know who. Maybe KO? Or a returning Sami Zayn?

Speaking of Cena, where is BoxerJoe?? Paging Joe.....oh Joe?? I miss that dude, good poster.

As for Unifying the women's and the other belts. I hope they don't do that. I have enjoyed the brand split, and I have not really enjoyed the intermixing that has been going on lately. There are too many talented people on the roster that deserve TV time that if they get rid of the brand split then it will just be the same 4-5 story lines and people on every show. We don't need multiple Roman segments or whoever every week. Remember how pointless Smackdown was before the split? It was basically a RAW recap show.

They could unify the women's and tag titles but have the champs, and only the champs, go across both brands. That just MHO.

Man, this card is huge. How are they gonna fit all this in??? Our predictions will take forever as well. Everybody better have a comfy chair cause our bottoms will be sore after watching 7+ hours of wrasslin.

Good stuff MSU!
If taker comes out....meh. I am soooo over Taker at this point. I could go off on a rant about him but it's been done and I don't even care. Whatever. As long as he doesn't take 15 minutes to come out and take away time from the bazillion matches on the card.

As for replacing Rey. My guess would be Cena. As all I have read is he is definitely gonna be there, just nobody knows doing what. So I could see Cena replacing Rey and probably beating Joe for the US Title. As long as he doesn't squash Joe and it is a competitive match, i'm fine with it. Cena has put over tons of guys lately so he is due for a big win. And Joe can take it back from him later. I would really like to see a long term feud b/t those two. Can you imagine the promos b/t those two??!! oh lawdy.......
If not Cena then I don't know who. Maybe KO? Or a returning Sami Zayn?

Speaking of Cena, where is BoxerJoe?? Paging Joe.....oh Joe?? I miss that dude, good poster.

As for Unifying the women's and the other belts. I hope they don't do that. I have enjoyed the brand split, and I have not really enjoyed the intermixing that has been going on lately. There are too many talented people on the roster that deserve TV time that if they get rid of the brand split then it will just be the same 4-5 story lines and people on every show. We don't need multiple Roman segments or whoever every week. Remember how pointless Smackdown was before the split? It was basically a RAW recap show.

They could unify the women's and tag titles but have the champs, and only the champs, go across both brands. That just MHO.

Man, this card is huge. How are they gonna fit all this in??? Our predictions will take forever as well. Everybody better have a comfy chair cause our bottoms will be sore after watching 7+ hours of wrasslin.
Lol you got that right. Last year in the Dome it was sooooo long. I was exhausted by the time I got home(about 2 AM). Kinda glad I will be on my own couch this year. To be honest by the time it got to Brock/Roman I was beat..the crows was too until Brock pinned Roman.

I agree the Champs should go on both shows and only the Champs. But we will see guys/gals on both since Fox requested it.

As for Cena, I could see him wrestling twice...against Angle, then come back out and wrestle Joe. Vince may not want that. KO, Sammy, or heck even Bray would be cool. I agree dont let it be a squash match though.

Last edited:

This happens every damn time. Why they keep doing brand splits is beyond me.

Not sure how I feel about this. I like JR, but I think his time had passed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom