Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (174 Viewers)

Great hire. Most people only know JR as an announcer (not saying you) but he was also a great talent recruiter for the E.

If it's front office stuff, that's cool. But man, I heard something episodes with him doing NJPW and it was just not good.

O.k. So with NXT Takeover taking place tomorrow I think we should do our Takeover preditions first and then we will cover the 55 matches on the mania card later.
I like that it's on Friday this year and this card looks great! Quality over Quantity is the key here (you hear that Vince!!!) Anyway here we go.....

Johnny Gargano vs. Adam Cole in a 2-out-of-3 falls match for the vacant NXT title
-This, IMO, will be the match of the weekend in WWE world at least. Both these guys can go all day, and with the 2 of 3 falls stip, it should be a good one. The NXT crowd makes every match better and this one shouldn't disappoint. I am gonna go with the guy who has been striving for this title for years now....
Winner: Johnny Gargano and NEW NXT Champion!!

WALTER vs. Pete Dunne (c) for the United Kingdom title
-Granted I do not know much about Walter. I don't watch NXT regularly and mainly catch the highlights. I love Pete Dunne though and say they keep it on him even longer. Could be the most physical match of the weekend.
Winner: Pete Dunne

Matt Riddle vs. Velveteen Dream (c) for the North American championship
-Again I haven't seen as much of Riddle as others have. He looks good, but I haven't really bought in yet. Dream is a bonafide star so he might be move up to RAW after mania if he drops the title. But I think he stays in NXT a little longer as he is one of the few true stars there.
Winner: Velveteen Dream

Io Shirai vs. Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Bianca Belair for the NXT Women’s title
-So this one is tricky. I think they like Baszler as this dominant Lesnar/Rousey like champ. But maybe they want to move her and her buds up to the main roster to help Ronda and do the whole 4 horsewomen thing. The women need some new blood on the main roster so I think they go in a new direction. I'm gonna go with......
Winner: Io Shirai

War Raiders (c) vs. Aleister Black & Ricochet for the NXT Tag Team championship
-This could also be a sleeper match of the weekend. Whenever Richochet/Black are involved you know some crazy sheete is gonna happen! I haven't seen much of the War Raiders but are supposed to be pretty good. I think Black/Richochet are gonna do something at Mania so.....
Winner: War Raiders

So that is it. I think there are some other matches on the pre-show but not sure what so will leave them out. What you guys think? What are your picks?
And what do you think will be the better overall show: NXT Takeover or the G1 supercard??? :unsure:

O.k. So with NXT Takeover taking place tomorrow I think we should do our Takeover preditions first and then we will cover the 55 matches on the mania card later.
I like that it's on Friday this year and this card looks great! Quality over Quantity is the key here (you hear that Vince!!!) Anyway here we go.....

Johnny Gargano vs. Adam Cole in a 2-out-of-3 falls match for the vacant NXT title
-This, IMO, will be the match of the weekend in WWE world at least. Both these guys can go all day, and with the 2 of 3 falls stip, it should be a good one. The NXT crowd makes every match better and this one shouldn't disappoint. I am gonna go with the guy who has been striving for this title for years now....
Winner: Johnny Gargano and NEW NXT Champion!!

WALTER vs. Pete Dunne (c) for the United Kingdom title
-Granted I do not know much about Walter. I don't watch NXT regularly and mainly catch the highlights. I love Pete Dunne though and say they keep it on him even longer. Could be the most physical match of the weekend.
Winner: Pete Dunne

Matt Riddle vs. Velveteen Dream (c) for the North American championship
-Again I haven't seen as much of Riddle as others have. He looks good, but I haven't really bought in yet. Dream is a bonafide star so he might be move up to RAW after mania if he drops the title. But I think he stays in NXT a little longer as he is one of the few true stars there.
Winner: Velveteen Dream

Io Shirai vs. Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Bianca Belair for the NXT Women’s title
-So this one is tricky. I think they like Baszler as this dominant Lesnar/Rousey like champ. But maybe they want to move her and her buds up to the main roster to help Ronda and do the whole 4 horsewomen thing. The women need some new blood on the main roster so I think they go in a new direction. I'm gonna go with......
Winner: Io Shirai

War Raiders (c) vs. Aleister Black & Ricochet for the NXT Tag Team championship
-This could also be a sleeper match of the weekend. Whenever Richochet/Black are involved you know some crazy shirte is gonna happen! I haven't seen much of the War Raiders but are supposed to be pretty good. I think Black/Richochet are gonna do something at Mania so.....
Winner: War Raiders

So that is it. I think there are some other matches on the pre-show but not sure what so will leave them out. What you guys think? What are your picks?
And what do you think will be the better overall show: NXT Takeover or the G1 supercard??? :unsure:

I'm in agreement with this with one exception. I would prefer Belair to win, but that's only because I'm biased to nice butts...:hihi:

What's the lineup for SuperCard?

I'm in agreement with this with one exception. I would prefer Belair to win, but that's only because I'm biased to nice butts...:hihi:

What's the lineup for SuperCard?

Here is a link for more info. https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/everything-you-need-to-know-roh-njpw-g1-supercard-2019/6/

But the big matches are these:
IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Jay White (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada
ROH World Championship Three-Way Ladder match: Jay Lethal (c) vs. Matt Taven vs. Marty Scurll
IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Kota Ibushi
RPW British Heavyweight Championship Match: Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
NEVER Openweight and ROH World TV Championship Match: Will Ospreay (c) vs. Jeff Cobb (c)

So there are a few other matches but these are the big ones. I think Ibushi vs. Naito will be great and the ROH triple threat ladder match looks to be good.
But, I bet people who bought these tix way back when aren't too happy that there is no Young Bucks, Omega, Cody, or Page. That is who brought ROH/NJPW to the next level and now they aren't there. Still should be some good wrestling though!!

Here is a link for more info. https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/everything-you-need-to-know-roh-njpw-g1-supercard-2019/6/

But the big matches are these:
IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Jay White (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada
ROH World Championship Three-Way Ladder match: Jay Lethal (c) vs. Matt Taven vs. Marty Scurll
IWGP Intercontinental Championship match: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Kota Ibushi
RPW British Heavyweight Championship Match: Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
NEVER Openweight and ROH World TV Championship Match: Will Ospreay (c) vs. Jeff Cobb (c)

So there are a few other matches but these are the big ones. I think Ibushi vs. Naito will be great and the ROH triple threat ladder match looks to be good.
But, I bet people who bought these tix way back when aren't too happy that there is no Young Bucks, Omega, Cody, or Page. That is who brought ROH/NJPW to the next level and now they aren't there. Still should be some good wrestling though!!

That looks pretty decent.

I get what you're saying. Are AEW contracts exclusive deals? I didn't think they were.

That looks pretty decent.

I get what you're saying. Are AEW contracts exclusive deals? I didn't think they were.

I don't really know. It's kind of surprising though that none of them are on the card at all. I know they are setting up AEW but aren't they missing out on a big payday by not wrestling. I wonder if they are at wrestlecon or doing autograph sessions?
I would have thought that Omega, at the least, would have been on the card for like a farewell match. Maybe against Ibushi?? That would have been fantastic!!

Your guess is better than mine...

My only hope now is that by the next time Mania is here in New Orleans, the state would've changed this archaic wrestling rules so we can have better indie shows like other venues.

BTW... BOOM!!!

2,500 pages!!!

And there's no one here to celebrate with us. :saywhat:?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom