Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (18 Viewers)

It's been beyond time to move on from that. There was the major shock ending of WM 30.......and about 2 more appearances at WM after that in a wrestling capacity would have been enough. Surely he goes into the HOF next year though.

Side note......do they intentionally script Natalya to be a choke artist ? Her and Beth winning the women's tag titles on the same weekend that her deceased father goes into the HOF basically writes itself (not to mention enduring the attack from that lunatic at the ceremony).....even if they were brief transition champs. Certainly didn't see any benefit to having the IIconics win.

Second side note..........remember when 50 year old wrestlers actually used to look like 50 year old wrestlers? Props to HHH and Batista.

Wow! so where to begin?

I would say that the first half of that show was one of the best Manias ever, but after Kofi winning it really fell off.

Lesnar/Rollins was great. Keep it short and sweet and get your lazy butt outta here Brock! We finally get a title on RAW every week now.

AJ/Orton was good but not great. I think they might keep this feud going, which is fine. give them more time at MITB.

SDL tag match was great. Lot's of spots and everyone got a moment. That Cesaro swing was insane! How did either of those guys not throw up? Usos vs Hardy's next?

I loved Miz/Shane. I like unhinged Miz. Kind of silly but it was the good kind of silly. Neat finish to have Shane land on top of Miz. Imagine this feud continues. Maybe a cage match?

The Women's tag match was a dud. I have to admit I didn't see much of it as I was cooking. Just glad Nia/Tamina didn't win. Iconics are good heels just not great in ring.

Kofi/Bryan was everything we thought it would be. Simply great story telling and a great match! Such emotion and passion from all the guys. The crowd ate everything up and made the match better. What a moment with his boys in the ring. Kind of reminded me of when Saints won the SB and Drew had his son on the podium. Just great stuff!
This was the peak of the show and it went downhill form there though.

Joe/Rey was what it was. Like others said, I guess Rey was still banged up and they cut it short. We all knew they needed to have a couple short matches. At least Joe looked strong and got a big win. Would have rather the HHH/Batista match be 10 minutes shorter and give to these guys but whatevs.....

Roman/Drew was a snooze. Roman needs the right opponent to work with. Drew is not it.

The Dr. of Thuganomics is back! at least for one night. While silly and cheesy and corny, I really liked it. Was cool to just see something different. Can they do something meaningful with Elias though?

HHH/Batista was just too long and drawn out. This match was unnecessary. Killed the crowd, although by this point the crowd is on life support.

Angle/Corbin was there. I just didn't like it. Props to Angle for doing the professional thing and for trying the moonsault one more time. Thanks Kurt!! One of the best ever.

Demon/Lashley was there as well. At least Balor won. I didn't watch much of it as I was trying to get ready for work in the morning. Please move Finn away from Lashley.

Becky/Charlotte/Rousey was good from what I saw. I have to admit I fell asleep during this match. I just couldn't go anymore. I saw the very end and it was very anti-climatic. The crowd and most at home watching were just exhausted. This show was just too darn long. They really didn't need 3 or 4 of those matches, probably more. They have got to slim this down for next year. Becky should have had this crowning achievement moment like Kofi but the crowd just didn't have anything left plus the ending just came out of nowhere. Not sure if they messed up or if they cut it short, it was just.....off. Just read this morning that Rousey broke her hand so that might have had something to do with it.

Overall a great weekend of wrestling and a good half of Mania. Takeover had the best match by far. Gargano/Cole might go down as one of the best matches in WWE history.
I'm at work and am exhausted. I'm gonna try to stay awake. It's gonna be long day.

Wow! so where to begin?

I would say that the first half of that show was one of the best Manias ever, but after Kofi winning it really fell off.

Lesnar/Rollins was great. Keep it short and sweet and get your lazy butt outta here Brock! We finally get a title on RAW every week now.

AJ/Orton was good but not great. I think they might keep this feud going, which is fine. give them more time at MITB.

SDL tag match was great. Lot's of spots and everyone got a moment. That Cesaro swing was insane! How did either of those guys not throw up? Usos vs Hardy's next?

I loved Miz/Shane. I like unhinged Miz. Kind of silly but it was the good kind of silly. Neat finish to have Shane land on top of Miz. Imagine this feud continues. Maybe a cage match?

The Women's tag match was a dud. I have to admit I didn't see much of it as I was cooking. Just glad Nia/Tamina didn't win. Iconics are good heels just not great in ring.

Kofi/Bryan was everything we thought it would be. Simply great story telling and a great match! Such emotion and passion from all the guys. The crowd ate everything up and made the match better. What a moment with his boys in the ring. Kind of reminded me of when Saints won the SB and Drew had his son on the podium. Just great stuff!
This was the peak of the show and it went downhill form there though.

Joe/Rey was what it was. Like others said, I guess Rey was still banged up and they cut it short. We all knew they needed to have a couple short matches. At least Joe looked strong and got a big win. Would have rather the HHH/Batista match be 10 minutes shorter and give to these guys but whatevs.....

Roman/Drew was a snooze. Roman needs the right opponent to work with. Drew is not it.

The Dr. of Thuganomics is back! at least for one night. While silly and cheesy and corny, I really liked it. Was cool to just see something different. Can they do something meaningful with Elias though?

HHH/Batista was just too long and drawn out. This match was unnecessary. Killed the crowd, although by this point the crowd is on life support.

Angle/Corbin was there. I just didn't like it. Props to Angle for doing the professional thing and for trying the moonsault one more time. Thanks Kurt!! One of the best ever.

Demon/Lashley was there as well. At least Balor won. I didn't watch much of it as I was trying to get ready for work in the morning. Please move Finn away from Lashley.

Becky/Charlotte/Rousey was good from what I saw. I have to admit I fell asleep during this match. I just couldn't go anymore. I saw the very end and it was very anti-climatic. The crowd and most at home watching were just exhausted. This show was just too darn long. They really didn't need 3 or 4 of those matches, probably more. They have got to slim this down for next year. Becky should have had this crowning achievement moment like Kofi but the crowd just didn't have anything left plus the ending just came out of nowhere. Not sure if they messed up or if they cut it short, it was just.....off. Just read this morning that Rousey broke her hand so that might have had something to do with it.

Overall a great weekend of wrestling and a good half of Mania. Takeover had the best match by far. Gargano/Cole might go down as one of the best matches in WWE history.
I'm at work and am exhausted. I'm gonna try to stay awake. It's gonna be long day.

Ok pretty much the same thoughts I had.

To me from start to finish as a show Takeover was the best show of the weekend hands down. Gargano/Cole match was the best one of the weekend IMHO followed by Kofi/Bryan.

At least they let Braun win the battle royale but dang they have killed him.

Honestly, I did not like how Brock and Seth match was booked. How many Superman and spears did Roman do to Brock and he still kicked out? Seth gets his butt hand to him and then poof the curb stomps and match over. Dont mind Seth getting title, just thought the match lacked a lot.

WWE has buried what is supposed to be 2 of their biggest heels and give nuclear heat for another. McIntyre and Lashley losing was meh for me, and Corbin...well I get it for him. Although I wish Angle would have won.

HHH/Batista.. well HHH is now the new Undertaker and will only wrestle at Mania. Which I am ok with.

As for Taker, I figured he would have made some sort of appearance, but whatever I'm cool.

Mania was long, but watching this on the couch rather than being in the Superdome it was not as exhausting to me, lol.

Last edited:
Simple - perhaps too simple - and formulaic in a typical Brock fashion match, but it got the job done in getting the title off The Beast

Word Life!

A rather enjoyable match that took nice advantage of the falls count anywhere stipulation. Miz looked strong but Shane got the win by happenstance in a nice highlight reel finish. I see no real reason to complain about that.

Word Life! This is basic Postanomics!

The emotional tug at your heartstrings moment that proves that you don't have to always do the unpredictable to do something great.

Recognize!

It's Dr. of Thuganomics time...AKA how to steal the show with just a few minutes of air time.

So much to love here, starting with the Bostonian native using footage of the Babe and then coming out in his jersey. And remember when CM Punk told Cena that he was no longer the Red Sox...no longer the underdog? That he had become what he had despised...that he had become a dynasty....that he had become the New York Yankees?! Holy moly! The layers...the glorious and beautiful layers to peel here. It was nice to see the crowd wake back up and get into this segment. Cena was dynamite on the mic as per his usual as fans got a nice throwback memory. I give this segment 288 stars out of 5. That's somewhat conservatively low though, I think.

Taking over EE and kicking in Uranus! Word Life!

It was what it was - a brutal non-technical "fight" to cover for Batista not having been in a match in eternity.

Not going to lie...it's a bit tough watching Kurt in the ring at this stage. I understand the WWE's putting over Corbin here in the "emotional shock and disappointment" moment of the night, but does anyone actually have confidence in the WWE (and Corbin) to truly capitalize off this? Much love to Kurt though. One of the best ever, like you said.

Word Life!

Another predictable outcome as Vince usually likes to send the Wrestlemania crowd home happy and the build-up and fan support for Becky made this an easy booking decision. I agree on the sentiment of the show being just too damned long. At this point, I was just begging for the show to end.

BoxerJoe...Recognize!

So, any guesses as to what surprises might be in store for tonight?

I'm really, really late to this thread. I was into rasslin' when I was a kid. I'm thinking of watching again. It's been a lot of years, so I have no idea where to start. What's tonight?

So much to love here, starting with the Bostonian native using footage of the Babe and then coming out in his jersey. And remember when CM Punk told Cena that he was no longer the Red Sox...no longer the underdog? That he had become what he had despised...that he had become a dynasty....that he had become the New York Yankees?! Holy moly!
You know, I didn't think of it this way, but this is a fantastic point. I watched with a lot of casual fans and we all hated the Cena part of the segment. I didn't even think about the old Punk promo(I could blame the bourbon). But, now that you brought it up, I realize the whole thing was better than I thought. The question now is, was this a one-off, or a "goodbye?"

I'm really, really late to this thread. I was into rasslin' when I was a kid. I'm thinking of watching again. It's been a lot of years, so I have no idea where to start. What's tonight?
Tonight at 7pm CT on USA is the Raw show the night after Wrestlemania. The crowd will be extremely lively as a good many fans who traveled a long way for Wrestlemania last night stick around and continue the partying at Raw tonight. It's a pretty good time to jump back in and pick up on things as some storylines got wound down last night and new ones will get underway tonight.

You know, I didn't think of it this way, but this is a fantastic point. I watched with a lot of casual fans and we all hated the Cena part of the segment. I didn't even think about the old Punk promo(I could blame the bourbon). But, now that you brought it up, I realize the whole thing was better than I thought. The question now is, was this a one-off, or a "goodbye?"
Cena just got finished wrapping a movie, so maybe he has the time to stick around a bit right now. Either way, I got the impression from the interview that he did backstage that he isn't overly excited at the thought of doing the Thuganomics gimmick on a regular basis.

Tonight at 7pm CT on USA is the Raw show the night after Wrestlemania. The crowd will be extremely lively as a good many fans who traveled a long way for Wrestlemania last night stick around and continue the partying at Raw tonight. It's a pretty good time to jump back in and pick up on things as some storylines got wound down last night and new ones will get underway tonight.

Cena just got finished wrapping a movie, so maybe he has the time to stick around a bit right now. Either way, I got the impression from the interview that he did backstage that he isn't overly excited at the thought of doing the Thuganomics gimmick on a regular basis.
Yeah, I just watched that interview, and he even said he felt ridiculous doing it again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom