Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (27 Viewers)

Supposedly the 24/7 title came about because USA had been hounding them about the ratings collapsing in the third hour every week and gave them a bunch of ideas to "fix" it. The ideas were allegedly not good but the 24/7 title was one they felt they could work with. So that does show some network pressure. But Fox is going to be the real interesting case in this. USA is USA and they may say some things but even bad Raw ratings are still their best ratings and they're not going to make too much of a fuss. Fox? That's a whole different ball game. Will be interesting to watch.

It'd be both funny and sad if one of the "fix it" ideas that made the cut was stealing an idea from 2002 that was kinda cool back then, but certainly nothing that was game-changing.

If we're gonna jack a decent idea from 2002.....bring back Raw Roulette for an episode.

Supposedly the 24/7 title came about because USA had been hounding them about the ratings collapsing in the third hour every week and gave them a bunch of ideas to "fix" it. The ideas were allegedly not good but the 24/7 title was one they felt they could work with. So that does show some network pressure. But Fox is going to be the real interesting case in this. USA is USA and they may say some things but even bad Raw ratings are still their best ratings and they're not going to make too much of a fuss. Fox? That's a whole different ball game. Will be interesting to watch.

Isn't FOX the reason we have Brock with the MITB briefcase right now though? The rumor was that FOX wanted Lesnar on SDL but then Brock left to see what the UFC might be able to offer him. Reigns was plan B for FOX, so that's why Roman got switched over to SDL during the initial shakeup. With Roman not popping ratings though and with the UFC not meeting Brock's financial demands, Lesnar is back in the WWE to satisfy FOX's initial desire.

If you haven't done so yet, listen to the Jon Moxley (Ambrose) appearance on Jericho's podcast that dropped today. It is an absolutely damning account of the WWE creative process and how McMahon runs his product. He holds nothing back about how much he hated it towards the end of his run and goes into great detail about why. It is a fascinating look behind the scenes and why WWE is as dysfunctional as it is.

If you haven't done so yet, listen to the Jon Moxley (Ambrose) appearance on Jericho's podcast that dropped today. It is an absolutely damning account of the WWE creative process and how McMahon runs his product. He holds nothing back about how much he hated it towards the end of his run and goes into great detail about why. It is a fascinating look behind the scenes and why WWE is as dysfunctional as it is.
Haven't listened, but CSS has an article about it.

And that's just one story he tells. He has so many more on the podcast. Even if Jericho isn't your favorite, it's not a big deal because the whole show is basically Moxley going in on WWE/Vince for almost 90 minutes. Jericho barely even pipes in.

It's absolutely worth a listen. Text recaps are alright but don't capture Moxley's emotion about the whole thing. And he drops some choice quotes/stories as well. It's the biggest shoot interview since Punk left, by far.

And that's just one story he tells. He has so many more on the podcast. Even if Jericho isn't your favorite, it's not a big deal because the whole show is basically Moxley going in on WWE/Vince for almost 90 minutes. Jericho barely even pipes in.

It's absolutely worth a listen. Text recaps are alright but don't capture Moxley's emotion about the whole thing. And he drops some choice quotes/stories as well. It's the biggest shoot interview since Punk left, by far.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I have every intention of listening. Just haven't had time yet. But, just the link I posted I felt was a nice teaser.

I listened while working out this morning. Nothing surprising, but still, wow.

I know Vince is P'Oed.

Listened to the podcast last night, Moxley doesn’t hold back at all. Can’t believe their creative process is that jacked up. It’s the best wrestling podcast episode I’ve ever heard.

Huh is it 1999 again?

You unbeliever!!! Don't you know that he has to pump up his match with the other old guy?

Speaking of which, Taker is supposed to be appearing at this convention I'm going to. He's red-eyeing it from Saudi Arabia to make a Sunday appearance. One picture is $100; a photo is $150. Yikes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom