Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (5 Viewers)

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Good. Now, I'll have a quality wrestling show to watch live on Tuesday nights to cleanse my palette from the previous night's Raw. I wish the move went into effect tonight. That Raw last night was atrocious. Break up the Hurt Business... Stupid, stupid, stupid.
I read a recap and the entire show sounded pretty bad to me.

But I got to the Hurt Business part and was like, "wait, they break up like a week after the ALL held championships?". Even if they weren't a cool stable (they were) who had tons of potential (they did), logically (in kayfabe), why in the world would they break up now?

I'll be honest, that Hurt Business entrance, with all of them in their suits, and all of them carrying gold, was pretty freaking awesome. Raw didn't get even close to the amount of milage out of that as they should have.

I feel like an all-champions Hurt Business would have moved a lot of t-shirts and stuff too, especially with MVP being able to talk them all up on the mic.

But it was like the WWE couldn't wait to make them drop the tag belts and split them up.

I guess we probably say a television time goodbye to Cedric Alexander and Shelton now?

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
I read a recap and the entire show sounded pretty bad to me.

But I got to the Hurt Business part and was like, "wait, they break up like a week after the ALL held championships?". Even if they weren't a cool stable (they were) who had tons of potential (they did), logically (in kayfabe), why in the world would they break up now?

I'll be honest, that Hurt Business entrance, with all of them in their suits, and all of them carrying gold, was pretty freaking awesome. Raw didn't get even close to the amount of milage out of that as they should have.

I feel like an all-champions Hurt Business would have moved a lot of t-shirts and stuff too, especially with MVP being able to talk them all up on the mic.

But it was like the WWE couldn't wait to make them drop the tag belts and split them up.

I guess we probably say a television time goodbye to Cedric Alexander and Shelton now?
Part of me thought, maybe it's a swerve. Maybe, they are faking a break-up to later get the drop on Drew. Then, I reminded myself this is Raw.

I mean this show is just bad. The Hurt Business was one of the few positives. Of course, they break them up.

BoxerJoe

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
We keep waiting for Cena to come back...
Touche'. Unfortunately, Cena is filming something in Canada and said that he won't even be able to make Wrestlemania. :mecry:

At this point, the combined forces of Cena, The Rock, CM Punk and Stone Cold Steve Austin couldn't save this show.
I know there is the whole pandemic thing, but man...it wasn't too, too long ago when 3 million viewers seemed like a rock solid base for Monday nights.

RaginCajun83

Saints/Wrestling Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Only way to settle Inner Circle and Pinnacle is War Games, guess Cody needs to figure out a new name or some new structure to use

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Only way to settle Inner Circle and Pinnacle is War Games, guess Cody needs to figure out a new name or some new structure to use
Didn't they announce a "Blood and Guts" thing between the Inner Circle and The Elite right before covid shut everything down?

That eventually developed into Stadium Stampede, but they could bring Blood and Guts back now.

RaginCajun83

Saints/Wrestling Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't they announce a "Blood and Guts" thing between the Inner Circle and The Elite right before covid shut everything down?

That eventually developed into Stadium Stampede, but they could bring Blood and Guts back now.
i really don’t remember but if that’s their answer to War Games then I’m all for it

BoxerJoe

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Two things:

Seeing Inner Circle manhandle the Pinnacle was pretty damn funny.

That video package for Cole vs O'Reilly next week was awesome. Happy these shows are going to be on different nights in the future.
AEW is doing a good job of getting plenty of people on screen via groups/factions. Of course, you have the Inner Circle vs. Pinnacle, which has a lot of promise. And now you have the Nightmare Family vs. QT's newly formed group. I'll admit that I had next to zero cares to give about QT Marshall headed into that exhibition match, but they did something eventful with it. I suppose if one wanted to nitpick a bit, you could point out how Pinnacle and QT's group both sprung up in swerve-like fashion within such a close time frame of one another. Then you have The Dark Order, Team Taz, and other groupings on the show.

I haven't been following NXT but a friend sent me a link to the video package for Cole vs. O'Reilly and I must say that was pretty spectacularly put together. It alone has me interested in watching the match between those two guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom