Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (2 Viewers)

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
I will respectfully disagree. WWE has loads of talent. I think that they have performers who can be interesting characters and tell interesting stories, but they often get saddled with terrible storylines (that they are forced into) and made to read really lame and contrived promos (basically word for word).

That's a big reason why so many people (especially on Raw) seem uninteresting. Look how much better everyone sounded while speaking for themselves when they were trying to fill time during the Wrestlemania weather delay. Heck, a couple of times a month a WWE talent goes viral for some off-the-cuff promo they gave on Raw Talk, or Talking Smack.

I'm not saying that there are 50 Stone Colds and Rocks working there, and Vince is just holding them all down. But I do think there is more than enough talent there to have awesome men's, women's, and tag divisions (at both the mid-card and main event levels).

There was a several month long stretch this year where it came out that Vince was basically tearing up and re-writing Raw hours before the show started, basically every couple of weeks. Again, this is not setting your talent up to succeed, and certainly isn't the way to tell good stories.

I'd also push back a little on, "People can blame Vince all they want.....and I'm sure there may be some solid reasons to do so....... but at the end of the day, he would probably love nothing more than to see someone unexpectedly get hot as a character during this rebuild. The opportunity is there right now maybe more than ever."

I think he wants people to get over, sure, but mostly only the way HE wants/envisions. Plenty of talent there has had something going, and getting hot, only to have their legs cut out from under them by Vince/creative.

Popular tag teams and factions are split up for no reason (most recently with the Hurt Business). Stuff that is working and getting over with the crowd is scrapped (Rusev Day, EC3 literally not being allowed to talk on camera, Cesaro being told not to do the swing for a while, and many more examples).

Even the finish for the Fiend v Randy Orton match was supposed to be completely different, with the Fiend going over in the end. It was reportedly Vince McMahon and Bruce Pritchard, at the last minute, who changed it to the mess that we got.

And I'm sure it wasn't Mandy Rose and Dana Brooke's idea to walk out of a match and get counted out, while laughing and saying "it's not worth it". Whatever the heck that was, it came from above. Those 2 weren't ever going to be stars, but them being forced to lose a match in that manner is going to make it impossible for anyone to care about them.

I just don't think it is younger talent/non-legends inability to be interesting, get hot, or grab the brass ring. I mean, their so-called developmental brand tends to be way more compelling than Raw. It seems to me that a lot of talented wrestlers and good characters stop being interesting, or worth caring about, as soon as Vince gets his hands on them.

:potd:

RaginCajun83

Saints/Wrestling Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So with Franky Monet (Taya) that now makes 3 Lucha Underground alumni in NXT that I recognize and there’s even some on Impact and AEW

Edit: I forgot about Morrison and Mysterio

Last edited:

whodatbe

Kenner Brah!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I lost power the last 30 minutes of NXT. Anything big happened? Power went out during the Swerve/Ruff match.

Also Loco Hornet was 100% correct on his comments about WWE.

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
So with Franky Monet (Taya) that now makes 3 Lucha Underground alumni in NXT that I recognize and there’s even some on Impact and AEW

Edit: I forgot about Morrison and Mysterio
Yeah, I think there is at least 10 former LU people in AEW.

Wasn't Ricochet Prince Puma in LU?

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
I lost power the last 30 minutes of NXT. Anything big happened? Power went out during the Swerve/Ruff match.

Also Loco Hornet was 100% correct on his comments about WWE.
Nothing 'big' IMO. Swerve won, but then Ruff attacked him backstage saying it's not over until he says it is. The match between The Way and Reed, Lumis, Ember and Shotzi was pretty good, but it ended up being about Indi playing out a farce to get Lumis to notice her and he eventually carried her off.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Nothing 'big' IMO. Swerve won, but then Ruff attacked him backstage saying it's not over until he says it is. The match between The Way and Reed, Lumis, Ember and Shotzi was pretty good, but it ended up being about Indi playing out a farce to get Lumis to notice her and he eventually carried her off.

I thought that was pretty damn funny with the smirk and the thumbs up as he walked out with her in his arms.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
I thought that was pretty damn funny with the smirk and the thumbs up as he walked out with her in his arms.

So I gotta quote myself here, but I just re-watched that scene andd some other stuff on YouTube. This is the type of sheet we should have gotten with Mandy and Otis. That is some funny stuff.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
So, The E released Billie Kay, who has gotten more use(and has been more entertaining) then her former tag partner. At least she has a resume complete with headshot.

Another career ruined. Good job, Vince.

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Even if Joe still isn't medically cleared to compete, couldn't/shouldn't they have kept him on commentary?

And was it NXT last week when he did some backstage interviews? I thought that was a cool thing that they should use him for more.

It was a different dynamic having a competitor and intimidator (when he wants to be) in that role. I bet he could have been awesome doing that since he knows what it's like to be interviewed, and how to cut an awesome promo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom