Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (28 Viewers)

Bruh, what the hell is that with Marshmello?

Yep. Show has become typical WWE. Nice opening segment. Boredom. Good match with KO and Shane(a match that should have been much higher on the card considering how long this feud had been going on). Boredom. More boredom. They better have something big for the main event.

I didn't catch AEW the other night. Was it really as good as I've read about?

You could take all of this show minus the opening segment with the Rock, multiply it times a hundred and it still wouldn't be as good the Rock's opening segment. Sorry, but the Rock just has it. The rest of these guys? Meh.

You could take all of this show minus the opening segment with the Rock, multiply it times a hundred and it still wouldn't be as good the Rock's opening segment. Sorry, but the Rock just has it. The rest of these guys? Meh.

And that's the problem with bringing back these past legends. They underscore how little presence this current group has every time they're on screen.

Hell, forgot about Smackdown. Glad I missed it.

It was a typical WWE show despite the "new era" hype. The Owens/McMahon ladder match was a PPV quality match. That was the high point. The Rock came out to remind the audience how much better things used to be. Lesnar squashed Kofi in seconds and then Rey Mysterio and a very chubby/flabby looking Cain Velasquez came out to confront him.

They are incapable of deviating from their norm at this point. There is no bold new era. There is no history being made. It's just the same stuff over and over again. Same feuds. Same champions. Going with UFC's sloppy seconds. Second verse same as the first.

Smackdown thoughts: The new set and graphics are freakin amazing! Well done WWE! Definitely makes the show fill bigger. Opening segment was fun but did run a bit long. Rock still brings it though! I got goosebumps when he came out. Except for Shane/KO the matches were nothing special. Standard stuff that I again found myself fast forwarding thru. Main Event was a huge let down. At least give us some sort of a competitive match. Instead of a squash and then a long stare down between Brock and some out of shape guy I've never heard of? Grade: B-

• 1Like
Reactions: red
You'll likely be able to see the opening bit on YouTube. That's about all that worked. Again, KO/Shane match was decent, but not a must-watch. They really should have been given more time, but Vince gonna Vince. At least, Shane is off TV, but I can't see myself watching SDL in the foreseeable future anyway.

Maybe, I'm just being bitter. Maybe, seeing what NXT and AEW did Wednesday raised my expectations too high for tonight, but between what I saw Monday and tonight, and if this is the current direction, I'm losing interest more rapidly. And, if they have Bray lose Sunday, it's going to be difficult for me to care anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom