Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (58 Viewers)

As long as he gets a pop and draws money, Taker isn't going anywhere. And, I don't blame Mark or Vince for that. I blame the fans who continue to pay money just to see his entrance.

Oh I don't blame Taker, for taking the jobs and money, I blame him for being a crappy wrestler.
But I do blame Vince. You know he can still use Taker for appearances and some things here and there. But to have him in an active in ring role is just a joke.
It's one thing to put him in with another old fart like Goldberg or a Legend. But to put him in the ring with AJ and then probably have him go over AJ is another thing entirely.
He is taking up time and a spot from other wrestlers who have been busting their butts for years and is going to sacrifice someone else to put someone over who doesn't need it.
He can be at Mania and participate in some kind of way, just don't have him suck up 20 minutes of the biggest show against your best overall performer. I would rather see AJ vs. Black again. Or how about AJ vs. Roman for the Universal title? They had a banger of a feud a few years back when AJ first got to WWE.
Just for the love of geebus, please get these old dudes out of here!

AJ spitting fire.
pdx79vJ.jpg

This I don't agree with. Me and my brother watched and thought the crowd was terrible the entire night. Yes the Main event killed them but they were not good the majority of the night. For a philly crowd I thought they were awful.

The PPV itself was o.k. but literally nothing changed or advanced. The only thing I liked was Sami winning the IC title. Finally! One of the best performers on the roster finally got his first singles title!!

But for being the last ppv before Mania, this was not a good step to getting people excited for Mania. Very predictable.

Special shout out to AJ Styles for the best sell of the Black Mass ever!! Someone should paste a gif of that!!

Also, another "Please Retire for the love of God" moment for the Undertaker. He completely botched the chokeslam of Styles when he came out. He is so god awful guys. I'm sorry. AJ freaking jumped 10 feet to sell it and Taker somehow managed to make it look bad by trying to catch him and like place him on the mat. Ugh.
God, if you can't look good with freakin AJ Styles selling for you, you are just hopeless. Please go away taker!!!!

When AJ took that Black Mass, I re-watched it a few times, he ate that kick and would agree the best Black Mass yet.

I went to a show in January when they were in the Mississippi/Tennessee area and had a blast.

So I have a condundrum that I need your help with guys.

Me and Maestreaux were planning on going to to Tampa for Mania weekend as we have a cousin that lives there.

Maestreaux still really wants to go.
I am not so sure anymore because of the whole Coronavirus thing that only seems to be spreading.

So the question is: Should we go to Mania? Is it worth the risk and price?
Plus, with some states beginning to put restrictions on group gatherings and such will this event still even take place?? a lot up in the air. Just looking for other's opinions.

So I have a condundrum that I need your help with guys.

Me and Maestreaux were planning on going to to Tampa for Mania weekend as we have a cousin that lives there.

Maestreaux still really wants to go.
I am not so sure anymore because of the whole Coronavirus thing that only seems to be spreading.

So the question is: Should we go to Mania? Is it worth the risk and price?
Plus, with some states beginning to put restrictions on group gatherings and such will this event still even take place?? a lot up in the air. Just looking for other's opinions.
As someone who works in healthcare, let me just say that if you're the type of person who takes care of himself, washes hands regularly, use sanitizer when needed, and have a pretty clean environment, as well as have a pretty healthy lifestyle (no health conditions, etc.), continue doing what you do. You have a minimal risk. That's my opinion.

I'm not going because I have a hard time giving Vince McMahon my money anymore.

Now AEW in May, I'm probably there .

will this event still even take place??
That's the bigger question. The E announced last week that the event was still set to take place. However, there's a rumor out today that they are having a meeting tomorrow to discuss post-poning or canceling events for that weekend including Mania itself. You also have to worry about whether the city of Tampa or state of FL will take that decision out of WWE's hands. That uncertainty would be more concerning to me.

If the show goes on as planned, I say go. As GA said, if you meet the above criteria, your risk is minimal.

Well the officials in Houston stepped in and canceled the Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo so I bet the same thing could/will happen with WM

Well the officials in Houston stepped in and canceled the Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo so I bet the same thing could/will happen with WM

It could happen, but this is so much bigger than the WWE. Consider all of the smaller promos and conventions that happen Mania weekend. That's going to be some major hits economically across the board.

i agree with you, just saying another strike just went down against WM taking place and this rodeo isn’t something to sneeze at, it’s going to cost the city and people millions and millions of dollars

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom