Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (18 Viewers)

It could happen, but this is so much bigger than the WWE. Consider all of the smaller promos and conventions that happen Mania weekend. That's going to be some major hits economically across the board.
Absolutely. WM weekend has now consistently been generating an economic impact of over $100 million for the host city.

Thanks for the replies guys. I am a relatively healthy person. I am just getting over a case of Bronchitis-is and on antibiotics.
I'm a school teacher so have a pretty strong immune system being around a bunch of kids everyday. I have health insurance and practice good hygiene. I have two kids and a wife at home.

So I am not so worried about the virus itself, I am more worried about how other people are reacting as well as the economic and social fallout.
For example, if we buy tix and they cancel do we get our money back? Same for hotels?
Or what if we go and then they issue a quarantine or a lockdown and I am stuck there? (Probably won't happen, but no one really knows now do we. The entire country of Italy is locked down! And with our current leader and his decision making process I am not very confident about a competent gov't response)

I guess we will just have to take the wait and see approach. Maybe a week or two before they are going to have to say whether it would be cancelled/postponed/or go on as planned. Might have a better understanding then anyway.

I definately want to go to AEW in May though. Although the UNO lakefront is a dump. At least the last time I went for ROH Supercard of Honor in 2018.

Thanks for the replies guys. I am a relatively healthy person. I am just getting over a case of Bronchitis-is and on antibiotics.
I'm a school teacher so have a pretty strong immune system being around a bunch of kids everyday. I have health insurance and practice good hygiene. I have two kids and a wife at home.

So I am not so worried about the virus itself, I am more worried about how other people are reacting as well as the economic and social fallout.
For example, if we buy tix and they cancel do we get our money back? Same for hotels?
Or what if we go and then they issue a quarantine or a lockdown and I am stuck there? (Probably won't happen, but no one really knows now do we. The entire country of Italy is locked down! And with our current leader and his decision making process I am not very confident about a competent gov't response)

I guess we will just have to take the wait and see approach. Maybe a week or two before they are going to have to say whether it would be cancelled/postponed/or go on as planned. Might have a better understanding then anyway.

I definately want to go to AEW in May though. Although the UNO lakefront is a dump. At least the last time I went for ROH Supercard of Honor in 2018.

With that in mind, I would advise you stay home. Even though you're feeling better, your immune system is still in a somewhat compromised state of recovery.

iu

The event is outdoors. Wouldn't that make the chances of spread minimal due to the constant fresh air (although it might be hot as hell)?

Last edited:
I don’t know, I’ve heard good things about Archer (I don’t watch Japan). I think Archer being the “client” was more expected than Brodie Lee (who everyone assumes will debut once they get to his home town in New York).

I’m not sure I’d sour on this so quickly.

I don’t know, I’ve heard good things about Archer (I don’t watch Japan). I think Archer being the “client” was more expected than Brodie Lee (who everyone assumes will debut once they get to his home town in New York).

I’m not sure I’d sour on this so quickly.
Oh, I'm not sour on it. I've read good things about him as well. I just thought the way the debuted him was super lame.

As for Brodie Lee, numerous sources had him debuting in his hometown on Dynamite next Wednesday. Also, announced on tonight's show? That The Exalted One would appear next week. Take that as you will.

So with the NBA pulling the plug on their season (at least for the time being), and numerous other sports organizations/leagues adopting measures, be they cancellations or games with no fans or whatever, I just don't see any way Mania happens. Vince won't call it, but someone else will make that decision for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom