Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (4 Viewers)

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Well deserved for Big E. I just hate how they got here. He'll likely drop it right back at Extreme Rules.
Would have preferred for Roman to put him over, but it looks like they want to give Brock another run.

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Well deserved for Big E. I just hate how they got here. He'll likely drop it right back at Extreme Rules.
Agreed. Big E is awesome (and impossible not to root for), but this isn’t how it should have gone down.

Oh, well, hopefully he’ll go on to have a great run with the belt (although you’re probably right about how it will actually happen).

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
I don't know. I feel like they want this Roman to beat every big name they can get to face him. I was hoping Big E would be the babyface to take that title off him.

They want the Roman/Rock money match for Mania. Only problem is Rock is the biggest movie star in the world and kind of busy, and Hollywood underwriters don't like him wrestling for insurance purposes, anyway. So what seemed like a distinct possibility six months ago now seems much less likely.

Latest report was it seemed unlikely for 2022 and they were hoping for 2023. If they're crazy enough to keep the belt on Roman that long they're insane. Something will have to give eventually.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
I don't know. I feel like they want this Roman to beat every big name they can get to face him. I was hoping Big E would be the babyface to take that title off him.
Kinda what I was saying.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
They want the Roman/Rock money match for Mania. Only problem is Rock is the biggest movie star in the world and kind of busy, and Hollywood underwriters don't like him wrestling for insurance purposes, anyway. So what seemed like a distinct possibility six months ago now seems much less likely.

Latest report was it seemed unlikely for 2022 and they were hoping for 2023. If they're crazy enough to keep the belt on Roman that long they're insane. Something will have to give eventually.
Wasn't Bruno Sammartino champ for like 4-5 years straight? I can see them trying to make Roman the new version of him. Definitely still crazy but wouldn't surprise me.

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Wasn't Bruno Sammartino champ for like 4-5 years straight? I can see them trying to make Roman the new version of him. Definitely still crazy but wouldn't surprise me.
Wasn’t that without weekly tv though (definitely pre-internet)?

I’m sure they could get away with him taking time off between title defenses, or running back the same matchup while just pretending it was fresh.

I don’t think a long reign like that would work today.

Roman would either have to beat Finn Balor like 100 times, or it would be like Nick Aldis only defending the belt 16 times in almost 3 years.

With 2 hours of Smackdown per week and a PPV every month, Roman has already defended the title that many times, and it’s only been a year. So they would have to slow him waaay down.

How long would that stay compelling?

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Only a matter of time before it gets repetitive and the crowd turns on all the great work Reigns has done as a heel
Agreed. That’s why they need a plan that isn’t just “we’ll probably have a Roman v Rock match in 1-2 years.”

RaginCajun83

Saints/Wrestling Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Don’t normally post rumors but:

• We’ve got out latest list of WWE banned words, courtesy of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Blood, choke, belt, strap, diva, head shot, trauma, kayfabe, Mofos, house show, DQ, The Anti-Diva, spinal injuries, victim, violence, violent, wrestling, wrestlers, WWF, wifebeater, curb stomp, phrases including the word “push” and “being over,” babyface, heel, job, jobber, card, strangle, kill and murder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom