Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (12 Viewers)

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
Wasn't his 7 years broken up into 2 reigns though? I thought it was around 3 and 4 years. Either way I didn't mean 7 years. I was thinking 3 maybe.

His first reign was 2800 days (7+ years), his second was 1200 days (3+ years). So he held it for over a decade combined over two reigns.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
His first reign was 2800 days (7+ years), his second was 1200 days (3+ years). So he held it for over a decade combined over two reigns.
It's funny that I didn't remember that but I do remember some of a stat that they showed years ago and I believe Bob Backlund beat him for one of those and had a reign similar to the 3 year one. I could be wrong though.

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
It's funny that I didn't remember that but I do remember some of a stat that they showed years ago and I believe Bob Backlund beat him for one of those and had a reign similar to the 3 year one. I could be wrong though.

Backlund had a run from 1979 to 1983 before dropping it to The Iron Sheik.

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
I'll also add that I continue to believe the Roman train is on the fast track to nowhere. They have no one to elevate to beat him and get the rub from it. So he's going to continue to mow over guys unless they have Brock beat him at the next Saudi Blood Money show. If not, they'll continue to hold out for Rock and this sheet will go on and on and on and on...with diminishing returns after every goofy finish, Uso interference, etc.
Even worse, they had a credible babyface who had been built up, on the same brand as Roman, who held the Money in the Bank contract, but then decided to hot shot him to the title on Raw in a ratings stunt.

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
Even worse, they had a credible babyface who had been built up, on the same brand as Roman, who held the Money in the Bank contract, but then decided to hot shot him to the title on Raw.

I saw someone elsewhere basically say that this is Vince giving Roman the dominant run he wanted to as a face but could never make work, so we're getting it as a heel instead.

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
I saw someone elsewhere basically say that this is Vince giving Roman the dominant run he wanted to as a face but could never make work, so we're getting it as a heel instead.
I really have no problem giving this version of Roman a dominant title run. But, as I think we have all said, there has to be an endgame. There has to be a super over babyface to finally beat him, and right now, they aren't building one.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
I really have no problem giving this version of Roman a dominant title run. But, as I think we have all said, there has to be an endgame. There has to be a super over babyface to finally beat him, and right now, they aren't building one.
I figured it out. It's going to be Karion Kross...

(I kid, I kid)

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Seth's sit-down with SCSA after Extreme Rules was pretty insightful, especially when he discussed that HiaC match he had with Bray in 2019. Goes to show how much of a company guy Seth tries to be for Vince when you hear how he truly felt about one of Vince's dumb booking decisions.

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
Seth's sit-down with SCSA after Extreme Rules was pretty insightful, especially when he discussed that HiaC match he had with Bray in 2019. Goes to show how much of a company guy Seth tries to be for Vince when you hear how he truly felt about one of Vince's dumb booking decisions.

Can't wait for the interview with Roman about last night's finish. He legitimately did not look happy.

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
NXT 2.0 feels like when a TV show that has run too long and run out of steam introduces a bunch of random new characters and changes the setting to try and revive interest.

NXT 2.0 is the last season of Scrubs. Or Boy Meets World after they went to college.

NXT 2.0 is Saved by the Bell: The New Class.

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
NXT 2.0 feels like when a TV show that has run too long and run out of steam introduces a bunch of random new characters and changes the setting to try and revive interest.

NXT 2.0 is the last season of Scrubs. Or Boy Meets World after they went to college.

NXT 2.0 is Saved by the Bell: The New Class.
That first paragraph immediately made me think of Scrubs season 9.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom