Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (74 Viewers)

Kinda hope it means this program will continue between those two.

I absolutely wouldn’t mind that at all. I would have been fine with it in a vacuum

It’s just that there were 2 “surprise” roll-up/backslide pins in title matches tonight and 3 overall on Monday (not sure about Smackdown).

I just can’t handle 2-3 of these finishes per show, 2-3 times (with NXT and/or PPV’s) per week, which is honestly what’s been happening.

That’s not even getting into some of the “random person was attacked at ringside by someone not in the match=DQ”, someone who isn’t a ref finalizing a match, or count out finishes that we’ve seen recently.

It’s all just gotten to be too much for me, especially when the really good ones (like Asuka/Sasha/Bayley or Drew/Orton) are involved.

At some point match finishes have to mean something.

Last edited:
I absolutely wouldn’t mind that at all. I would have been fine with it in a vacuum

It’s just that there were 2 “surprise” roll-up/backslide pins in title matches tonight and 3 overall on Monday (not sure about Smackdown).

I just can’t handle 2-3 of these finishes per show, 2-3 times (with NXT and/or PPV’s) per week.

That’s not even getting into some of the “random person was attacked at ringside by someone not in the match=DQ”, someone who isn’t a ref finalizing a match, or count out finishes that we’ve seen recently.

It’s all just gotten to be too much for me, especially when the really good ones (like Asuka/Sasha/Bayley or Drew/Orton) are involved.
I see your point. I guess it didn't really dawn on me that it was the second such finish of the night.

I see your point. I guess it didn't really dawn on me that it was the second such finish of the night.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against a surprise roll-up finish. But the fact that it happens at least 4 times per week in WWE really kills it for me, especially when it happens in multiple PPV championship matches in the same night.

There just has to be a more creative, satisfying way to end matches and keep people's heat. It can't keep being the same thing over and over again.

But I'll also admit that I found it (unintentionally) funny that Randy Orton, who in kayfabe and real life, is constantly propping up himself and ripping others about putting matches together and "psychology", lost in such an underwhelming and cliche way (in a major title match on the 2nd biggest event of the year). While his online trolling can be funny, and I appreciate his talent (when motivated), maybe it is time to take a break from lecturing NXT (and other companies) about psychology and putting together spots and finishes.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against a surprise roll-up finish. But the fact that it happens at least 4 times per week in WWE really kills it for me, especially when it happens in multiple PPV championship matches in the same night.

There just has to be a more creative, satisfying way to end matches and keep people's heat. It can't keep being the same thing over and over again.

But I'll also admit that I found it (unintentionally) funny that Randy Orton, who in kayfabe and real life, is constantly propping up himself and ripping others about putting matches together and "psychology", lost in such an underwhelming and cliche way (in a major title match on the 2nd biggest event of the year). While his online trolling can be funny, and I appreciate his talent (when motivated), maybe it is time to take a break from lecturing NXT (and other companies) about psychology and putting together spots and finishes.
Well, most of those weekly roll up finishes are for the 24/7 championship.

Seriously, though, is it really worse than multiple matches with wrestlers kicking out of their opponent's finisher? It's an honest question. Yeah, seeing a kick out from a finishing move can be more dramatic, but it can get old as well.

Well, most of those weekly roll up finishes are for the 24/7 championship.

Seriously, though, is it really worse than multiple matches with wrestlers kicking out of their opponent's finisher? It's an honest question. Yeah, seeing a kick out from a finishing move can be more dramatic, but it can get old as well.

Even taking the 24/7 comedy bits out, there was still at least one roll up on Raw (there was a count-out finish too), and 2 on Smackdown (in back to back matches, no less). And then of course 2 more last night during PPV title matches. It's pretty much like that every week.

Raw also can't seem to go more than 2 weeks without some kind of DQ finish that doesn't make sense (like 2 managers fighting outside will trigger a disqualification). It's like they are so worried about someone looking bad while losing, that they don't let anyone actually win. It's just really gotten on my nerves recently.

Btw, I think you're right about kick-outs after finishers, and that's certainly not exclusive to WWE. I honestly wish wrestlers would use their finishers, as ways to end matches, less. There just isn't much reason to believe that a pin attempt following any move that isn't a finisher will actually work. That has cut down a lot of potential for drama as well (again, not just a WWE issue).

I think that if finishers were used less, then it would make that move really feel special, and also make the loser look good in defeat (Wrestler X just wouldn't stay down; it took the _____ driver/slam to finally put him away). But I doubt that genie can ever be put back in the bottle.

So who else thinks Braun will now be a one time Champ? Vince lost interest in him and that is a bad thing.

Soo we have another PPV next Sunday....why do I see Drew vs Orton part 2 with Orton winning and a Reigns vs Bray and Roman winning the title with no build up coming?

Also I expect Bailey and Sasha to lose the belts and the long awaited Bailey vs Sasha fees to start.

So who else thinks Braun will now be a one time Champ? Vince lost interest in him and that is a bad thing.

Soo we have another PPV next Sunday....why do I see Drew vs Orton part 2 with Orton winning and a Reigns vs Bray and Roman winning the title with no build up coming?

Also I expect Bailey and Sasha to lose the belts and the long awaited Bailey vs Sasha fees to start.
I could easily see Roman winning the title back next week, which kinda sucks. Orton? Look, I get wanting him to have the belt for when Edge returns and resuming that feud, but does that rivalry really need a title involved?

As for Sasha/Bayley...I'm all for breaking them up, but which women's tag team do you have beating them? The IIconics? Yawn.

I could easily see Roman winning the title back next week, which kinda sucks. Orton? Look, I get wanting him to have the belt for when Edge returns and resuming that feud, but does that rivalry really need a title involved?

As for Sasha/Bayley...I'm all for breaking them up, but which women's tag team do you have beating them? The IIconics? Yawn.
No, I don't think they need a title involved, but by WWE logic they think having a title in the mix makes people more interested. I hope they give Drew a long run, but who knows.

As for Braun, I suspect he goes back to monster heel for awhile and will be in the midcard for a long time. I don't expect to him to be in the world/wwe title race for a long time either.

As for the women's tag it may be the Iconics by default. The women's division is quickly becoming boring especially with lack of tag teams. Unless they call up some more NXT talent. I was hoping Asuka won both titles last night.

I do feel for Braun. There is no need for The Fiend to have a title. Guess when he loses to Roman they wont have to hear the boos.

Damn. Lee done lost his beard and they've changed his music to something the sucks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom