Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (11 Viewers)

So all anyone seems to want to talk about today is the Matt Hardy concussion thing. Reby Hardy is going nuclear on social media (what else is new), lots of accusations thrown around. Seems like a real mess.

Sure does. I wasn’t into that match/feud going into it, so I wasn’t really paying attention in real time. I looked up and saw people trying to hold Hardy back and thought there was some kind of worked injury/continuation of the chair shot thing. Had no idea that he took a real fall like that.

I think you usually have to take some big helpings of salt with anything Reby says/tweets, but I certainly don’t buy Tony Kahn’s story either.

They said that he passed concussion protocol, went to the hospital as a precaution, and is ok. I believe they stated that the hospital said no concussion as well, but I could be wrong about that.

Even if that is true, they shouldn’t have allowed that to continue. He’s an older wrestler who has taken a LOT of bumps in his career. If any wrestler, but especially one like Hardy, hits his head like that, you should exercise caution and stop the match (for good).

Watching it back, Ref Aubrey gave the X signal at least twice. I think you need to trust your official there and be safe.

Since I really like AEW, I hope that they can learn from this, but also be transparent about what they will do in case this ever happens again. I didn’t like seeing that at all, and expected better from them.

Sure does. I wasn’t into that match/feud going into it, so I wasn’t really paying attention in real time. I looked up and saw people trying to hold Hardy back and thought there was some kind of worked injury/continuation of the chair shot thing. Had no idea that he took a real fall like that.

I think you usually have to take some big helpings of salt with anything Reby says/tweets, but I certainly don’t buy Tony Kahn’s story either.

They said that he passed concussion protocol, went to the hospital as a precaution, and is ok. I believe they stated that the hospital said no concussion as well, but I could be wrong about that.

Even if that is true, they shouldn’t have allowed that to continue. He’s an older wrestler who has taken a LOT of bumps in his career. If any wrestler, but especially one like Hardy, hits his head like that, you should exercise caution and stop the match (for good).

Watching it back, Ref Aubrey gave the X signal at least twice. I think you need to trust your official there and be safe.

Since I really like AEW, I hope that they can learn from this, but also be transparent about what they will do in case this ever happens again. I didn’t like seeing that at all, and expected better from them.

I'm not sure they ever said anything about him not having a concussion at the hospital. Khan said that Hardy was cleared to finish the match by Doc Sampson and that he deferred to the doctor in this case. He also said neither he nor Hardy would have been allowed to override the doctor's decision had Hardy not been cleared. Reby is naturally upset and I cannot blame her for being so. I think the smartest thing to do would have been to call the match once Hardy was up (which is what the referee was trying to do) and finish the match at a later date. Tony Khan has been pretty transparent about all things so I'm not sure why we should think him less than transparent here.

I'm not sure they ever said anything about him not having a concussion at the hospital. Khan said that Hardy was cleared to finish the match by Doc Sampson and that he deferred to the doctor in this case. He also said neither he nor Hardy would have been allowed to override the doctor's decision had Hardy not been cleared. Reby is naturally upset and I cannot blame her for being so. I think the smartest thing to do would have been to call the match once Hardy was up (which is what the referee was trying to do) and finish the match at a later date. Tony Khan has been pretty transparent about all things so I'm not sure why we should think him less than transparent here.

I meant be transparent going forward about how incidents like this will be handled.

I’m still not sure how he could have passed the concussion protocol at the arena, but even still, he clearly took a nasty bump to the head, from a tall height onto a hard surface. There are many head injuries that could have resulted. I think they should have stopped everything until he got a CT scan (or whatever is appropriate), to be safe.

I don’t think whatever test they gave him is sufficient going forward, especially if passing that test means that the wrestlers will ALSO be cleared to proceed with whatever other dangerous spots they had planned (rather than changing to something safer). In this case, it was Hardy being allowed to climb/fight up another high structure.

I’m not accusing Kahn of anything evil, but I did expect more in a situation like this (especially with the ref on the ground giving multiple X signals). I think changes to the process need to be made moving forward, and in my opinion, they should be clear about what those are.

Wow, that’s great news. I don’t know how he avoided a concussion or other injury, but am very glad to hear it!

I think it’s time to move past this Hardy/Sammy feud though. The only story remaining seems to be “you made me bleed, so I’ll make you bleed more”. And the escalating level of violence/spots has seen both guys barely avoid serious injury.

Wow, that’s great news. I don’t know how he avoided a concussion or other injury, but am very glad to hear it!

I think it’s time to move past this Hardy/Sammy feud though. The only story remaining seems to be “you made me bleed, so I’ll make you bleed more”. And the escalating level of violence/spots has seen both guys barely avoid serious injury.

Agreed. Especially at Matt's age and overall condition. He's not 24 any more and he should wrestle accordingly.

Interesting underground match with KO and Aleister.

Ok, you do you have winning the nxt title? I think Finn to me makes the most sense, going back to claim his throne. I just don't see Cole getting it back after that long run. I'm curious what is next for the Undisputed Era.

Ok, you do you have winning the nxt title? I think Finn to me makes the most sense, going back to claim his throne. I just don't see Cole getting it back after that long run. I'm curious what is next for the Undisputed Era.
I'll go with Finn as well. I would say it's time to move UE to the main roster, but just like every call-up, I'd be too scared Vince and Co. wouldn't know what to do with them.

I'll go with Finn as well. I would say it's time to move UE to the main roster, but just like every call-up, I'd be too scared Vince and Co. wouldn't know what to do with them.

Unless, of course, Cole pulls a Ciampa and threatens to quit if called up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom