Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (61 Viewers)

So there's a WWE draft coming in two weeks. I welcome it. Especially, if it separates Rollins and the Mysterio family, but I think Vince wants to move Reigns to Raw because he feels like he can get Dwayne to feud with him for WM and he wants that program on his "A show."

Didn’t watch last night but a couple of quick reactions to the show:

I wasn’t aware of/didn’t care about any story behind the Lucha Underground v Cesaro/Shinskae match. I found it pretty entertaining.

While I never believed Zelina Vega would win, and there were some wonky bits involving her, I DID appreciate the things she was able to do and really liked the way they laid out the match. It at least made it make sense. Zelina is clearly an asset to WWE.

Loved the Sami stuff and the IC title match. I would love for him to show up on Friday with a shave and a haircut. Maybe not a full face turn, but at least a pivot away from “the artist collective”/“great liberator” gimmick (since he is clearly separated from Cesaro and Nak these days). I think his creativity and passion for the IC title (whether real or kayfabe) could allow for something different.

This is (super) nitpicking, but I wish Roman would have come out in tights, trunks, or (given the “island chief” thing he’s been promoting) the more Islander/tribal looking shorts (like Rikishi, or the early Uso Brothers).

His cargo pants and Jey’s warm-up pants just looked weird to me.

BUT I thought that match ruled. Roman’s facial expressions and talking points were perfect and Jey played his character/role very well.

Heel Roman is the worthy tribal chief of WWE.

Enjoyed that ppv. Opening match was great, definitely agree with Loco about Sami's look. I was surprised by the ambulance match. Only problem I have is it makes Mac look a little week having some help, though the interference was justified. I can definitely get behind The Tribal Chief. Shout out to R Truth as a 49er miner.

Now Torgo I heard you mentioning Roman goes to Raw, I hope not because overall his story and Smackdown has had good storylines. Side note, I hope we see Bailey and Sasha inside HITC.

Now Torgo I heard you mentioning Roman goes to Raw, I hope not because overall his story and Smackdown has had good storylines.
Oh, I agree. It was pure speculation. Nothing more. Not even saying I want Roman moved to Raw. But, I imagine they want this story to culminate with a match vs The Rock(as do I), and I don't see Vince letting that play out on Smackdown.

Enjoyed that ppv. Opening match was great, definitely agree with Loco about Sami's look. I was surprised by the ambulance match. Only problem I have is it makes Mac look a little week having some help, though the interference was justified. I can definitely get behind The Tribal Chief. Shout out to R Truth as a 49er miner.

Now Torgo I heard you mentioning Roman goes to Raw, I hope not because overall his story and Smackdown has had good storylines. Side note, I hope we see Bailey and Sasha inside HITC.
Yeah, I wasn’t going to delve into the negatives in my initial post (since I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would), but I couldn’t have cared less about the Lashley/Apollo match, or the SP v Garza/Andrade match (although I hope Garza is ok).

The only thing I really hated during the night was the Orton/Mac ambulance match. I thought this was awful. Drew Macintyre (who is this giant that we were supposed to be rooting for) did little more than get his butt kicked and then wait for no fewer than three(!) other people to interfere on his behalf.

And then Mr. “I’ll tweet about/criticize everyone else about their lack of ‘psychology’” (warranted or not) Orton, tried to pin Drew during a match which did not recognize pinfalls. Hilarious.

@Torgo I think that would be an awesome storyline with the Rock. Does anyone know who is in charge of Smackdown writing?

@Torgo I think that would be an awesome storyline with the Rock. Does anyone know who is in charge of Smackdown writing?
Last I read Bruce Prichard was handling creative on both shows, but that was around when Heyman was ousted, so it could have changed since then. But, in reality, let's face it, we know who is really in charge.

Last I read Bruce Prichard was handling creative on both shows, but that was around when Heyman was ousted, so it could have changed since then. But, in reality, let's face it, we know who is really in charge.

I thought I read that Shane was given control of Raw around the time of his return.

God, please. End this craziness. Please. Fans can't take it anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom