Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (17 Viewers)

Hey now, you still get epic stuff like Charlotte vs Nia Jack AGAIN, this incredible Eva Marie/Doudrop stuff, Becky Lynch trying to be a heel but basically just screwing over Bianca Belair's momentum, and Roman Reigns will come out this week stare into the distance and call himself the head of the table and tell everyone to acknowledge him just like has has every Friday for the past year!
Can I give the E a little credit? It looks like they're trying to build a return of the Beast to take on Roman. That's something right? RIGHT?

Can I give the E a little credit? It looks like they're trying to build a return of the Beast to take on Roman. That's something right? RIGHT?

Supposedly the story is they got pressured into giving Brock whatever he wanted because Fox absolutely flipped their sheet about Punk going to AEW. Remember, Fox was always really high on Punk. They were the ones that signed him to that backstage show when Smackdown first moved. So it wasn't even really their choice so much as their major network partner telling them they needed to make a big move and Brock being the only big move they have left. And it's a well they keep going back to time and again.

And this is just my personal opinion, but I can't bring myself to care about Brock anymore. He'll wrestle his six matches or whatever he's contracted to do to cash his checks then fork off back to his farm for another year until Vince panics again.

Roman's act is stale as day old bread at this point, but I don't see them giving Brock the title unless it's one of those weird transitional champ to give it back to the same guy kind of things.

Supposedly the story is they got pressured into giving Brock whatever he wanted because Fox absolutely flipped their sheet about Punk going to AEW. Remember, Fox was always really high on Punk. They were the ones that signed him to that backstage show when Smackdown first moved. So it wasn't even really their choice so much as their major network partner telling them they needed to make a big move and Brock being the only big move they have left. And it's a well they keep going back to time and again.

And this is just my personal opinion, but I can't bring myself to care about Brock anymore. He'll wrestle his six matches or whatever he's contracted to do to cash his checks then fork off back to his farm for another year until Vince panics again.

Roman's act is stale as day old bread at this point, but I don't see them giving Brock the title unless it's one of those weird transitional champ to give it back to the same guy kind of things.
Let me correct myself some. When I said the Beast, I meant Finn Balor based on how Smackdown ended Friday. But I get what you're saying about Brock as well.

What I should have said was the Demon.

Let me correct myself some. When I said the Beast, I meant Finn Balor based on how Smackdown ended Friday. But I get what you're saying about Brock as well.

What I should have said was the Demon.
Oh, yeah. Gotcha.

I'd love for Balor to go over, but...

Everything in this tweet is the truth...

I took a liking to the Lucha Bros in Lucha Underground especially Pentagon Jr (his name there) so I’m so happy to see them as tag champs in AEW, these guys are so bad arse in the ring and I feel so lucky to have seen them live

That cage match last night was amazing and the match of the show

Somewhere in Stamford people are burning copies of the Post so Vince doesn't see this...

Let him read it. He's only good when his back is against the wall so force the issue. He either responds and we'll all be happier for it or he fails and sells and that would mean AEW won.

How good was the average raw episode during the wars? Was it still hit and miss bit with much better highs or what? I didn't start until around when Lesnar beat the Rock for the title.

How good was the average raw episode during the wars? Was it still hit and miss bit with much better highs or what? I didn't start until around when Lesnar beat the Rock for the title.
In my opinion, it was more of WCW running out of money (while making bad decisions) that led them to losing the war. It wasn't as much as WWE wiping the floor with them because they didn't. The Attitude Era was fun and great, but by that time the writing was on the wall for WCW as Turner had sold out to Time-Warner and they couldn't care less about professional wresting, especially with the way Bischoff was throwing money away.

In my opinion, it was more of WCW running out of money (while making bad decisions) that led them to losing the war. It wasn't as much as WWE wiping the floor with them because they didn't. The Attitude Era was fun and great, but by that time the writing was on the wall for WCW as Turner had sold out to Time-Warner and they couldn't care less about professional wresting, especially with the way Bischoff was throwing money away.
My friend Swampbear liked WCW more as well. I asked the wrong question. On either side, hiw was the average show? Were there weeks with excellent episodes or did it vary month to month?

To me wrestling was awesome back then. WWE started to suck at some point but I was also watching TNA and I thought they were better for awhile. Starting sometime before Angle joined leading to Hogan and Birch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom