Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (12 Viewers)

Edge with promo with Miz tonight and references AEW Miz chant....and Morrison being fired.
Yeah, I heard (didn’t watch, so someone correct me if I’m wrong) that they referenced WWE firing 80 people this year, twice tonight, and blamed the heels for it (instead of this horrible company) both times.

The seems really gross and cheap to me.

Yeah, I heard (didn’t watch, so someone correct me if I’m wrong) that they referenced WWE firing 80 people this year, twice tonight, and blamed the heels for it (instead of this horrible company) both times.

The seems really gross and cheap to me.

And since we know that WWE scripts all their promos, this means that they're using the fact that they fired 80 people during a pandemic and at a time when they're making record profits into an attempt to get cheap heel heat.

And then on top of doing that, they posted about it on Twitter, too.

Scumbag forking carny company.

And since we know that WWE scripts all their promos, this means that they're using the fact that they fired 80 people during a pandemic and at a time when they're making record profits into an attempt to get cheap heel heat.

Record profits.

This is gross and they deserve whatever bad things that befall them.

Wait. Who's Becky's friend that's gone.

Wait. Who's Becky's friend that's gone.

It's Liv talking about her friends, assuming Ruby Riott and Sarah Logan from the Riott Squad.

She's saying Becky's fat contract led to her friends losing their jobs. Apparently they're still trying to make heel Becky a thing, I guess. So it's her fault everyone got fired.

Record profits.

What's funny is that they should be suffering the consequences of their actions. It doesn't get talked about much, but their live attendance is in the toilet. They barely drew 5,000 people to a Raw in Brooklyn. AEW is running the same arena (UBS Arena) that Raw is tonight in two weeks and has already sold better than WWE did tonight by several thousand. And that was with WWE discounting tickets and pushing Roman Reigns on Raw and Edge returning. They're very good at disguising it on camera because they move everyone to the hardcam side, but you can find pictures have taken of Raws and Smackdowns taking place in mostly empty arenas.

And on top of that, they have hemorrhaged viewers over the years. At a pace that is greater that cord cutting. People are tuning out in droves.

But between the Saudi blood money and Fox and NBC throwing hundreds of millions at them for content, they're insulated from all their failings. It's like they fail upward. By every metric they should be a struggling company, but they struck a series of deals at just the right time to make them invincible for at least a decade.

Record profits.

Right.

WWE probably makes more in just one Saudi match than the entirety of Becky’s “big, fat, greedy contract”, but sure, let’s try to make it an angle that it was the performer’s fault that WWE “had to” fire 80 people during a pandemic (a couple dozen right before the holidays this year).

It's Liv talking about her friends, assuming Ruby Riott and Sarah Logan from the Riott Squad.

She's saying Becky's fat contract led to her friends losing their jobs. Apparently they're still trying to make heel Becky a thing, I guess. So it's her fault everyone got fired.
I was speaking to the "you're the reason why your friend is gone," part. I figured Ruby and Sarah.

It was an obvious to us that it was a response to CM Punk/MJF promo thinking they were being hip, but they actually showed themselves as the bad guy.

I still say Kahn is related to Kahn and just freeing talent so AEW can swoop them up, lol.

This reminds me of the period between the golden age of WWF and Attitude era in WWE product right now.

Tonight's show wasn't bad, but they need to get rid on the brand expansion and merge the roster at this point.

Let me also say that while I love the idea of Liv going over, there's no way Vince is letting that happen, especially on an episode of Raw.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom