Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (8 Viewers)

Disagree. Time limit draws were a major thing in wrestling before WWE monopolized the industry and killed them off. Having them go an hour Broadway is as old school as it gets. Love that they're a thing again.
Flair/Sting, Flair/Windham, Flair/Luger... Great stuff and a call back to that era of wrestling. Gonna have to pay to see Danielson lose. :)

Disagree. Time limit draws were a major thing in wrestling before WWE monopolized the industry and killed them off. Having them go an hour Broadway is as old school as it gets. Love that they're a thing again.
Pretty much my thoughts.

You can’t do this all the time, but if you make it feel special (which I think this match objectively did), then I have no issue with an hour long draw.

But it allows the storyline to continue. I prefer a draw to some stupid DQ move.
It would be fine if they didn't just recently do the same thing with Danielson and Omega. Except in that case, Kenny had already been well established. This was Hangman's first title defense. The finish made him look weak. Sorry, but that is how I feel about it.

That said, I LOVED the match. Just thought it was a trash finish.

It would be fine if they didn't just recently do the same thing with Danielson and Omega. Except in that case, Kenny had already been well established. This was Hangman's first title defense. The finish made him look weak. Sorry, but that is how I feel about it.

That match was 3 months ago.

Different strokes for different folks. I certainly won’t argue with anyone about this point. Like I said, I understand the criticism.

I just think it was significant that time limits were mentioned in the build to this match.

I also don’t think this made Hangman look weak. He came back from stuff that would break most people and looked strong at the very end by hitting his finisher.

And I mean, the only person to remotely push Danielson to this point has been Kenny Omega, one of the best wrestlers (worldwide) of the past, what, couple decades?

Hangman took him twice the distance that a legend like Omega did. I actually think they did a good job of incorporating the Omega draw with this one. It told a story in itself.

Could you see Punk causing MJF another ring?

That match was 3 months ago.
So, how many episodes ago? Prior to that one when was the last time limit draw on Dynamite? How many times have they used that trope with the same wrestler like they have with Danielson? First I remember.

We will have to agree to disagree. They had a chance to give Page a clean win over an established main eventer on national TV, make him look like a legitimate champion, and whiffed. There are more creative ways to get Danielson his rematch at the next PPV.

So, how many episodes ago? Prior to that one when was the last time limit draw on Dynamite? How many times have they used that trope with the same wrestler like they have with Danielson? First I remember.

We will have to agree to disagree. They had a chance to give Page a clean win over an established main eventer on national TV, make him look like a legitimate champion, and whiffed. There are more creative ways to get Danielson his rematch at the next PPV.
10 episodes, I think. This is the first time they've done it with the same wrestler. (A draw is not a trope, it's a device.) Looks to me like they're telling a story. Hangman looked GREAT. He had him beat, too. I don't think they meet up at the PPV. I think it's farther down the line.

Obviously they want the story to continue and obviously don't want to go through the 50/50 crap Vince and Company does.

If Page beats him clean, what's the point of continuing the feud?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom