Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (84 Viewers)

They had a chance to give Page a clean win over an established main eventer on national TV, make him look like a legitimate champion, and whiffed.
This is where we do disagree. I get the draw not being someone’s preferred finish. I won’t argue that point.

I just can’t see how this didn’t make Page look like a legit champion, or “whiffed” in that regard.

He took Danielson, one of the best wrestlers in the world (and an all-time great), to 2X the limit that Kenny Omega, another top wrestler in the world, who very recently held 4 world titles simultaneously (and is an arguable all-time great), did.

And he hit his finisher before the time limit. Hangman didn’t just survive. He was about to win.

This is where we do disagree. I get the draw not being someone’s preferred finish. I won’t argue that point.

I just can’t see how this didn’t make Page look like a legit champion, or “whiffed” in that regard.

He took Danielson, one of the best wrestlers in the world (and an all-time great), to 2X the limit that Kenny Omega, another top wrestler in the world, who very recently held 4 world titles simultaneously (and is an arguable all-time great), did.

And he hit his finisher before the time limit. Hangman didn’t just survive. He was about to win.
And how do we verify that it was 2 times the limit? That's an arbitrary number that can't be proven. I'm also being crazy. I'm high and drunk.

And how do we verify that it was 2 times the limit? That's an arbitrary number that can't be proven. I'm also being crazy. I'm high and drunk.
Didn’t Omega and Danielson go to a 30 min draw?

Hangman and Danielson went to a 60 min draw.

So he pushed a legend like Danielson twice as far as Omega (another legend) did.

Didn’t Omega and Danielson go to a 30 min draw?

Hangman and Danielson went to a 60 min draw.

So he pushed a legend like Danielson twice as far as Omega (another legend) did.
I'll only give you half of that because he only doubled the amount of time they wrestled. You can't say that he dealt with twice as much physicality based off of the time. Double time doesn't equal double the punishment.

Obviously they want the story to continue and obviously don't want to go through the 50/50 crap Vince and Company does.

If Page beats him clean, what's the point of continuing the feud?
Didn't Omega beat Hangman clean and they found a compelling way to continue the feud?

Look, AEW has earned enough credit for me to wait for things to play out. But again, loved the match, just not a fan of the finish. I realize I'm in the minority. It is what it is.

Didn't Omega beat Hangman clean and they found a compelling way to continue the feud?

Look, AEW has earned enough credit for me to wait for things to play out. But again, loved the match, just not a fan of the finish. I realize I'm in the minority. It is what it is.
That's because the implanted microchip has stopped working. Tony Khan will see you now. Lol

I'll only give you half of that because he only doubled the amount of time they wrestled. You can't say that he dealt with twice as much physicality based off of the time. Double time doesn't equal double the punishment.
What? I have been pretty clear that I was talking about time limits and that plays into wrestling storylines.

But also, did you see this match? It was an absolute (bloody) war. I don’t think it is a stretch to say that since it went twice the length, twice (or thereabouts) the damage was dealt out.

I’m not sure what the argument is supposed to be about here.

What? I have been pretty clear that I was talking about time limits and that plays into wrestling storylines.

But also, did you see this match? It was an absolute (bloody) war. I don’t think it is a stretch to say that since it went twice the length, twice (or thereabouts) the damage was dealt out.

I’m not sure what the argument is supposed to be about here.
I was upfront with the fact that I haven't seen this match. Also, I wasn't aware that we were arguing. You literally said "So he pushed a legend like Danielson twice as far as Omega (another legend) did." Twice as far in this situation is pointless. All you did was count the hour long as 2 times the 30 minute one.

How many belts did Omega hold since being in AEW? How many belts has Danielson held since being in AEW?
I honestly don’t see how that changes anything.

Everyone knows who Danielson is (different name, or not) and how great he is. He even referenced winning the title at Wrestlemania in the build to this match.

I think the point stands that it is significant that the previous champ (and all-time great wrestler) Kenny Omega went 30 minutes of one of the best ever in Danielson, but Hangman took Danielson 60 minutes, and hit his finisher before barely running out of time.

I just don’t get how that is whiffing on making Hangman look strong.

Danielson was “this” close to putting Omega down in 30 minutes, but was lucky to escape Hangman (after being hit with the Buckshot) in a 60 min match.

Exactly, the obvious was stated but about something that is subjective. Just because it was an hour long doesn't mean he went through twice the physicality of the first instant.
I honestly don’t understand the point of any of this. You can call it an argument, discussion, whatever.

The match was twice as long, and I think that’s significant, especially when you are talking about a match that went an hour.

The match had blood, a table spot, a nasty ring apron bump, a million submissions, and was just generally physical as heck.

I don’t think saying (in storyline) that Hangman pushed Danielson to twice the limit of the Omega match is a stretch.

If you haven’t even seen the match, then why do you keep arguing this point?

I’m happy to disagree or converse, but I don’t understand whatever this is.

I honestly don’t understand the point of any of this. You can call it an argument, discussion, whatever.

The match was twice as long, and I think that’s significant, especially when you are talking about a match that went an hour.

The match had blood, a table spot, a nasty ring apron bump, a million submissions, and was just generally physical as heck.

I don’t think saying (in storyline) that Hangman pushed Danielson to twice the limit of the Omega match is a stretch.

If you haven’t even seen the match, then why do you keep arguing this point?

I’m happy to disagree or converse, but I don’t understand whatever this is.
I thought it was in this thread but I may be wrong. I said I was high and drunk earlier and was just being crazy. It has since then gotten out of control. Just forget the whole thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom