Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (34 Viewers)

I agree with Torgo, the Hangman/Danielson match was great but as soon as it ended I thought why do the same ending they did with Omega/Danielson. I get they are building to keep this going till Revolution.

I agree with Torgo, the Hangman/Danielson match was great but as soon as it ended I thought why do the same ending they did with Omega/Danielson. I get they are building to keep this going till Revolution.
Which is fair.

As I explained last night, I fall into the category of liking it and thinking it helped tell a story (set up in the build).

But I can certainly see both sides. I was certainly expecting a Hangman victory.

The only thing I would push back on is if someone didn’t care for the ending but said “it’s a WWE finish”.

So Sammy breaks up with his fiance and social media attacks Tay Conti. Wtf is wrong with people?

So Sammy breaks up with his fiance and social media attacks Tay Conti. What the Fork! is wrong with people?
Apparently there was a video with the two of them that people are using as some kind of evidence that something was going on between the two of them so they're blaming her for Sammy breaking up with his fiance.

Apparently there was a video with the two of them that people are using as some kind of evidence that something was going on between the two of them so they're blaming her for Sammy breaking up with his fiance.
Isn't she married?

People get deep into these parasocial relationships and think they actually know the people they're following and are invested in their lives. It's not a new phenomenon per se (was first observed in the 50's or 60's with people and actors and TV stars) but social media has kicked it into overdrive. It's pretty pathetic.

People get deep into these parasocial relationships and think they actually know the people they're following and are invested in their lives. It's not a new phenomenon per se (was first observed in the 50's or 60's with people and actors and TV stars) but social media has kicked it into overdrive. It's pretty pathetic.
Yeah, it's almost as if they trade one life for another by vicariously through whoever they follow. And I think leads to some being catfished by people pretending to be those famous people. Pathetic indeed.

Yeah, it's almost as if they trade one life for another by vicariously through whoever they follow. And I think leads to some being catfished by people pretending to be those famous people. Pathetic indeed.
The Rollins attacker comes to mind

At a certain point, if you're a famous person, I think you have to question if having a major social media presence is benefitting you in any way. It seems like in most cases it just causes headaches and drama for the ones that are really active on it. A lot just turn their accounts over to a handler purely for promotional purposes. The ones that actually personally use it and engage with fans always seem to be dealing with some nonsense because of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom