Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (118 Viewers)

Wait, you feel this way based on the Stone Cold Session or did I miss something on SmackDown (seriously FF'd through it)?

That dude will receive hate worse than Roman when they tried to force him over. Did they not see he got zero reaction from the crowd during Mania?
Like that would stop Vince from shoving Steveson down our throats

The only scenario I see him winning a belt is some shenanigans to get the WWE Championship off of Roman via some kind of Dusty Rhodes style booking forkery (appropriate, I guess) and give it to Cody. I don't see him beating him clean and Roman will keep the Universal Championship until the heat death of the universe, or he faces Rocky at Mania. Whichever comes first.

Wait, you feel this way based on the Stone Cold Session or did I miss something on SmackDown (seriously FF'd through it)?

That dude will receive hate worse than Roman when they tried to force him over. Did they not see he got zero reaction from the crowd during Mania?
I don't base it solely on the interview. It did help, though. I just feel like, at the moment, he is the best option. The E continues to treat him like a major star and he gets favorable crowd reaction. Both could change in a month, and he could get buried by booking. I just feel that if they can keep his current momentum, you have him beat Roman at Summerfest, then let Reigns move on to his feud with Dwayne.

As for Steveson, just no.

You do know that I don’t work for them, right? 😂 Just reading the tea leaves.

And, in fairness, to him that segment was super bizarre from the jump. Having him introduced by a very polarizing figure did him no favors. Not to mention it was literally moments after Logan Paul had gotten nuclear heat in a match with a legend, only to swerve the crowd and turn him semi-face. It was a horrible spot to follow, and I’m not sure we can say it’s indicative of how crowds are going to react in the future.

Possibly related to all of this:

This weekend at a house show, Roman addressed the crowd and said he was "entering a new phase in life" and "I honestly don't know if I'll be back again." Others have said that he has been giving similarly heartfelt but vague addresses to crowds at house shows lately.

So maybe he's closer to wrapping it up than anyone realizes.

Possibly related to all of this:

This weekend at a house show, Roman addressed the crowd and said he was "entering a new phase in life" and "I honestly don't know if I'll be back again." Others have said that he has been giving similarly heartfelt but vague addresses to crowds at house shows lately.

So maybe he's closer to wrapping it up than anyone realizes.
If that’s the case, I have to say his heel run has been the best work of his career

Makes me even more angry they didn't turn him heel sooner.
I think we’ve talked about it on this thread before, but how amazing would a (left to his own creative devices & promos) Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose vs heel Roman feud have been, especially with their Shield history & real life friendship to pull from?

That’s a program they could have gone back to and re-heated several times and it would have gone hard each time.

I think we’ve talked about it on this thread before, but how amazing would a (left to his own creative devices & promos) Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose vs heel Roman feud have been, especially with their Shield history & real life friendship to pull from?

That’s a program they could have gone back to and re-heated several times and it would have gone hard each time.
Everything we suggested in this thread--turn him heel, get him out of the flak jacket, give him his own music--they should have done 5-6 years ago. They finally did it, and it has worked, for the most part.

Though, I know some people are sick of the Tribal Chief gimmick, it is 1000x better than The Big Dog.

Damn. Cody still showing scars on his back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom