Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (39 Viewers)

Idk I think both were close in date of when they happened
They were...

King of the Ring - June 23, 1996
Bash at the Beach - July 7, 1996

Technically both right. Stone Cold was born first with the NWO about a week later.

They were...

King of the Ring - June 23, 1996
Bash at the Beach - July 7, 1996

Technically both right. Stone Cold was born first with the NWO about a week later.

I think it's important to remember there is a bit of WWE revisionist history here, though. Their version of events is he cuts the Austin 3:16 promo at KotR and a superstar was instantly born. The reality is he was spinning his wheels doing little of note for most of the summer after that and things didn't really take off for him until he got involved with Bret Hart after SummerSlam. So while he cut the 3:16 promo in June, things didn't really start blowing up for him until fall of that year.

Interesting comments about the women's divisions in AEW and WWE. Thoughts?

Women's division in AEW has always been pretty poor. The shocking thing is how far it has regressed in WWE under Triple H, as the women were always a strong point during his NXT tenure. It's been pretty shocking how bad it's been.

A few years ago you could argue Becky Lynch was, briefly the biggest name in the company. Now she's just another wrestler.

Women's division in AEW has always been pretty poor. The shocking thing is how far it has regressed in WWE under Triple H, as the women were always a strong point during his NXT tenure. It's been pretty shocking how bad it's been.

A few years ago you could argue Becky Lynch was, briefly the biggest name in the company. Now she's just another wrestler.
Yeah, I think Rhea has potential, but I really think the problem is the story telling in the E women's division has been poor. NXT has actually done much better in this regard, although losing Mandy has definitely hurt. I've paid some attention to the women in both, and I'm surprised how much better NXT does it.

That said, the E lost Sasha, Naomi, Alexa and even Charlotte for a bit. Dakota and Liv are injured and the ranks have been thinned quite a bit.

That said, there's still some talent to work with, but the E needs to tell better stories and build up some good factions on their side. With some the new talent from NXT coming over, they can help build that story as well.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... great match guys. But Ronnie is actually Jimmy's stepdad. They're only 6 years apart...

Oh man, KO vs Gunther on Raw? I'm here for it. And we get Seth vs Damien later tonight. Damn, two main event level matches in one night. Love it.

Man, that was an awesome match. Loved every minute of it. Gunther's chop makes a great 'thwack' sound every time. Lol.

That was a decent women's match. Katana and Kayden were good in the ring. That said, I wasn't big on drafting them. They're a better fit at NXT imo.

Quit teasing The Way and just give it to us, you cowards.
Yep, I was like, where's the rest?

I suppose they want to spread it out a bit. What I don't want is this long buildup and not get any real payoff. The way they built up Bray and landed flatter than a pancake bugged the heck out of me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom