Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (19 Viewers)

That Cedric Alexander spot was pretty nice. I always mark out for people jumping off of high things.

It didn't work for me. I don't know why. Maybe I was too done to care.

Anyone watching the G1. Moxley has been killing it. Got his first 5 Star Match ever vs Ishii.

Came here to post exactly this! I went to the NJPW show in Australia at the end of June with the 4.75 star Eagles/Ospreay match (IMO it deserved five, but anyway) and have been super enthused about it since. NJPW World is the best value subscription for a wrestling fan.

The G1 tournament is amazing. It has truly elevated Moxley to a level I did not know he was capable of.

I go through periods of not watching wrestling because I get jaded, and I wouldn't have watched more than 1 hour of WWE this year outside of Mania, but NJPW's current product has got me right back into it. Someone described it as the best period any promotion has had since the WWF Attitude Era and I find it hard to disagree.

If you're a wrestling fan, you like sensible story arcs and high-quality matches, G1 is your go. Start with ZSJ v Ospreay from this past Tuesday night (Japan time), which was absolutely brilliant, and go from there.

This thread has been really dead the past week. Let get things going again with some good ol SummerSlam predictions!

Cruiserweight Championship: Drew Gulak (c) vs. Oney Lorcan - don't really care about either but should be a good match. Gulak retains.

Goldberg vs. Dolph Ziggler - No question here. Goldberg win. Hopefully Ziggler get some stuff in and its not a total squash, otherwise what the point.

Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Balor - No doubt here either. The Fiend wins. I hope they have a cool entrance for Wyatt and not just the lights out gimmick here. He needs to feel special.

Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon (If Owens loses, he will quit WWE) - Owens should win this one but who knows. McMahons love putting over McMahons!

United States Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs. Ricochet - I think AJ retains here and the Club continues to be the "Gold Club"

Charlotte Flair vs. Trish Stratus - this feud has zero heat right now. Trish has gotten surprisingly little reaction the crowd the past few weeks. Absolutely no reason for Trish to win here. If you want to attract new fans to your product and be treated like a more legitimate sport, then a semi retired mom in here 40's who has wrestled in years should not beat your best female athlete ever in the prime of her career.

SmackDown Women's Championship: Bayley (c) vs. Ember Moon - another match that we should be more excited about but thanks to WWE booking has no heat. Bayley retains because Ember is pretty much a non-existent character on the show.

Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Natalya (Submission Match) - the only women's match on the card with some heat behind it. Only way Natalya should win is if Rhonda helps her. But it's a submission match so not quite sure how that would work. Becky wins.

WWE Championship: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Randy Orton - great history between these two and should be good match. Kofi's title run should continue.

Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins - Seth has lost a lot of steam over the past few weeks and I don't see them putting the belt back on him. Since Seth has gotten zero help from anyone after the past few Brock beat downs, It would be an intriguing idea for Brock to squash Seth here and Seth continues down a path of despair and loneliness until he finally snaps. But that's wishful thinking that WWE has any idea on how to plan and carry out out a long term story line with any consistency that doesn't change from week to week. Brock wins.

Your turn... GO!

I have a rant to go into later about the current availability of the Network on older streaming options(or lack thereof). I'll be cancelling this month.

However, I decided to watch the Takeover main event between Cole and Gargano on my phone, and Holy Shirt, it was really good.

Edit*Please, please, please don't bring Gargano to the main roster. Vince will bury him.

Last edited:
So no tag team titles will be on the line for SS? Guess gotta make room for Roman Reigns murder mystery.

I have a rant to go into later about the current availability of the Network on older streaming options(or lack thereof). I'll be cancelling this month.

However, I decided to watch the Takeover main event between Cole and Gargano on my phone, and Holy Shirt, it was really good.

Edit*Please, please, please don't bring Gargano to the main roster. Vince will bury him.
Did they remove it from something?

This thread has been really dead the past week. Let get things going again with some good ol SummerSlam predictions!

Cruiserweight Championship: Drew Gulak (c) vs. Oney Lorcan - don't really care about either but should be a good match. Gulak retains.

Goldberg vs. Dolph Ziggler - No question here. Goldberg win. Hopefully Ziggler get some stuff in and its not a total squash, otherwise what the point.

Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Balor - No doubt here either. The Fiend wins. I hope they have a cool entrance for Wyatt and not just the lights out gimmick here. He needs to feel special.

Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon (If Owens loses, he will quit WWE) - Owens should win this one but who knows. McMahons love putting over McMahons!

United States Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs. Ricochet - I think AJ retains here and the Club continues to be the "Gold Club"

Charlotte Flair vs. Trish Stratus - this feud has zero heat right now. Trish has gotten surprisingly little reaction the crowd the past few weeks. Absolutely no reason for Trish to win here. If you want to attract new fans to your product and be treated like a more legitimate sport, then a semi retired mom in here 40's who has wrestled in years should not beat your best female athlete ever in the prime of her career.

SmackDown Women's Championship: Bayley (c) vs. Ember Moon - another match that we should be more excited about but thanks to WWE booking has no heat. Bayley retains because Ember is pretty much a non-existent character on the show.

Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Natalya (Submission Match) - the only women's match on the card with some heat behind it. Only way Natalya should win is if Rhonda helps her. But it's a submission match so not quite sure how that would work. Becky wins.

WWE Championship: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Randy Orton - great history between these two and should be good match. Kofi's title run should continue.

Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Seth Rollins - Seth has lost a lot of steam over the past few weeks and I don't see them putting the belt back on him. Since Seth has gotten zero help from anyone after the past few Brock beat downs, It would be an intriguing idea for Brock to squash Seth here and Seth continues down a path of despair and loneliness until he finally snaps. But that's wishful thinking that WWE has any idea on how to plan and carry out out a long term story line with any consistency that doesn't change from week to week. Brock wins.

Your turn... GO!

Goldberg vs. Ziggler? Charlotte vs. Trish?

These have to be very recent developments, right?

Last I'd heard about Goldberg.....he had that rough outing against Taker in Saudi Arabia.......how does that get parlayed into (a) another match this soon and (b) in a feud against Ziggler of all people? Maybe they're wanting to give Goldberg another chance vs. a much better actual wrestler.

Charlotte/Trish sounds cool, especially knowing some of us will also see Trish at Geek'd Con next weekend.

Charlotte/Trish sounds cool, especially knowing some of us will also see Trish at Geek'd Con next weekend.

Dude, don't remind me. I was planning on attending until my job decided to send me to this conference in Chicago the same weekend. :rant:

Did they remove it from something?

I don't have a smart TV. I stream through my PS3 on my main TV and through a Blu-Ray player in the bedroom. The Network is no longer available on either. It's also no longer on my laptop or my tablet. I also have a couple of friends who had the Network, and now they can't get it through their devices/TVs.

It really sucks. I enjoyed the WWE Network. I never let the current broadcast influence that enjoyment. I don't know how a company struggling to bring eyes to their product can afford to do this. Oh well, by the end of this month, so ends my subscription.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom