Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (16 Viewers)

So this is neat to see...

Shad Gaspard from Cryme Tyme fame and Marc Copani aka Muhammad Hassan have a comic book coming out in April. Nice to see things are going well post-WWE life.

It originally was done as a KickStarter campaign, but failed to get funding. Now it's finally being released by a publisher. Congrats to them.

At some point, stock holders are really going to bail and leave Vince alone with his sinking ship.

The stock is down like 30% since the start of the year and down to like $44 a share off a high of 100 or so. I've read a lot of speculation that investors are starting to wake up to the fact this company has no meaningful strategies for future success and that they're seeing that literally EVERY metric except inflated TV rights deals is dire. Attendance is down. House shows are no longer making money. The network is below 1 million subs in the U.S. and has tepid numbers globally. Ratings stink. They keep hoarding talent just so no one else can have them and are literally paying people to do nothing. AEW is consistently beating NXT on Wednesday nights.

This company is a clown show.

Vince has been down this road before and something will happen and he will be on top of the world again.

I dont know. This isnt the young Vince of the 80s trying to kill the competition and prove himself, or the Vince of the 90s trying to rebound from the steroid trial and New Generation era almost killing his company. He's almost 75 and seems way more risk averse now with the WWE product. Its also the longest time in company history without a boom period.

I dont know. This isnt the young Vince of the 80s trying to kill the competition and prove himself, or the Vince of the 90s trying to rebound from the steroid trial and New Generation era almost killing his company. He's almost 75 and seems way more risk averse now with the WWE product. Its also the longest time in company history without a boom period.

Agreed. And for the last few years, Vince's priority has been there XFL. And who honestly think that that is going to be successful a second time around?

I agree guys. I just saw yesterday that they fired their CEO and some other executive last week and then the shares dropped to like $60 a share and then yesterday I think dropped again to nearly $40 a share. It was to over $100 earlier this year (late 2019). That is a BIG decline in the stock market. If I had any extra money I wouldn't mind buying some up with the hopes it would bonce back, but I am not so sure.

I don't have any faith that VKM will change and adapt and actually let someone else run the WWE. And with the start of the XFL, he is going to be even more distracted. However, maybe that is a good thing as he will have to be a little more hands off. But sadly, I don't think he will ever let anyone other than himself have final say over the WWE product.

The move to FOX and friday nights has been an absolute failure, their is no solid direction, attendance and revenue is down, and like we have been saying for what feels like the last 20 years, WWE does not create new and exciting stars. I have basically stopped watching as it is the same thing over and over again.
How many times and for how long are they gonna rely or allow Brock to be champ. He doesn't move the needle or ratings in any way. The Fiend isn't very marketable as far as bringing in new fans, and they finally got Roman over and now they don't know what to do with him.
Cena leaving has left a huge hole in their lineup and they are still struggling to fill it.

Now I don't know if HHH as the creative head would fix things but at least it would be something different right?? You can see his fingerprints all over NXT, but you don't see any of that same style on the main brand.

AEW, while not perfect and still needs to improve some things, is just so much easier to watch and get through. You truly don't know what is going to happen from week to week and even from segment to segment. You can tell the workers really enjoy performing out there and they are allowed to be creative and each person has their own distinct style and persona.
In WWE, every match feels the same. The characters feel the same. The promos are the same. I don't sense the passion and the 'want to' from a lot of the performers and I can understand why. Even if they bust their arse, and are entertaining, and get over the 'powers that be' will just kill your momentum or change your character or just take you off TV cause you were not supposed to get over. Just look at stars like: Rusev, Nakamura, Zayn, Buddy Murphy, Ali, Luke Harper, Tye Dillenger and many others that are just kind of there....

They better do something soon cause the investors aren't gonna stick with a stagnant product that doesn't change and evolve. I ain't either. I stopped watching wrestling for almost 10 years. I have no trouble doing it again. Just this time there are other options besides WWE.

Had no clue he had a grown daughter...

"Blood" during the first hour of Raw? Wow.

Am I the only one that thought that whole 'biting' thing was really corny and obviously used fake blood?
I thought it looked very cheesy. It didn't look 'real' in any way to me.
Plus, hasn't Baszler been booked strong enough to just look like a bad arse after beating becky down? Did she really need to go all vampire on her?

Honestly, I could totally see Vince saying something like: "She looks like a vampire to me. Let's give her a vampire type gimmick! Genius! It's totally original and has never been done before!!!"

Meanwhile, Edge is just brooding in the corner, shaking his head.

Am I the only one that thought that whole 'biting' thing was really corny and obviously used fake blood?
I thought it looked very cheesy. It didn't look 'real' in any way to me.
Plus, hasn't Baszler been booked strong enough to just look like a bad arse after beating becky down? Did she really need to go all vampire on her?

Honestly, I could totally see Vince saying something like: "She looks like a vampire to me. Let's give her a vampire type gimmick! Genius! It's totally original and has never been done before!!!"

Meanwhile, Edge is just brooding in the corner, shaking his head.

I laughed the entire time at the stupidity of it, even through Becky taking the ambulance (surely a felony in all 50 states and Guam) and bringing it back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom