Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (56 Viewers)

Am I the only one that thought that whole 'biting' thing was really corny and obviously used fake blood?
I thought it looked very cheesy. It didn't look 'real' in any way to me.
Plus, hasn't Baszler been booked strong enough to just look like a bad arse after beating becky down? Did she really need to go all vampire on her?

Honestly, I could totally see Vince saying something like: "She looks like a vampire to me. Let's give her a vampire type gimmick! Genius! It's totally original and has never been done before!!!"

Meanwhile, Edge is just brooding in the corner, shaking his head.

Oh, it was stupid. The amount and quality of the fake blood was ridiculous, and like you said, completely unnecessary to introduce Shayna (who was just established as a super tough killer while dealing with Becky and Bayley during Survivor Series).

Then there were the awful script decisions to have Becky steal an ambulance to drive herself to a “local medical facility” (weren’t the EMT’s she assaulted and robbed going to take her to the same place?), get treatment (she admitted in that 2nd promo that she was on some pretty good pain killers), and then drive herself back, all in 2 hours.

Having your super well-liked champ admit to speeding through traffic while on drugs is...a choice, I guess.

Why even have her come back the same night? She could have given that exact same promo next week and it would have actually made even more sense.

The way they portrayed her doing all of that in such a short time period was wildly absurd. And while the bite thing was stupid and unnecessary, you could have at least let it stand as shocking and impactful. Having Becky come back and cut a promo the same night made it look like a minor inconvenience, not some vicious, bloody attack.

We had to end Asuka’s relevance as a singles competitor for that trash?

I really like Becky. Her run up to WrestleMania basically got me back into WWE (I hadn’t really watched in years) but they have not done her any favors with the writing/booking for awhile now and while she will still give good performances, she just feels uninteresting now (IMO).

They looked like they might have had something with the Asuka dynamic but apparently they couldn’t wait to get done with that.

I laughed the entire time at the stupidity of it, even through Becky taking the ambulance (surely a felony in all 50 states and Guam) and bringing it back.

Yeah I didn't understand that at all. Like why would she steal the ambulance? To drive to the same place they were going to bring her?
maybe she doesn't have medical insurance and had to go to the 'underground' medical center or something???? Then she brought it back!??? WTF????

Like they are trying to make her the female Austin so bad but aren't creative enough to come up with something original. And what is the WWE's obsession with ambulances??
How many times has Roman done something with an ambulance? Austin? Rock? It's like there go to gimmick....."Let's have her steal an ambulance and be abusive to first responders!! That will get her over!!"

If they wanted to do the stupid bite thing o.k. Just have her refuse medical attention until she passes out, and then they bring her to the 'medical facility'. This way she looks strong but it also sells the attack as legitimate. We shouldn't have seen her again until next week or tonight on NXT if they wanted. Just so many better ways to go about this.
My head hurts after watching WWE now. It is sooooo insulting to basic human intelligence.

I just wanted to say that Takeover Portland was a great ppv. Every match was giving time and everyone showed up. Lee vs Dijakovic, man seeing those big guys pull of those moves was amazing.

I just wanted to say that Takeover Portland was a great ppv. Every match was giving time and everyone showed up. Lee vs Dijakovic, man seeing those big guys pull of those moves was amazing.
They just need to strap a rocket to Lee and let him take off. Dude is good and has champion written all over him.

I absolutely loved TO: Portland last night!! Every match was either very good to great. Best all around PPV I've seen in a while. Lee vs Dijakovic was something to behold and Dakota vs Nox was downright brutal and a fantastic match up until the weird ending. Skip Raw tonight and go watch it. I may watch it again.

Surprised you guys still have the network.

I get he is getting heat, but it almost feels forced to me. Hopefully, it picks up steam, but right now I'm just not feeling it. Just me I guess.

I kept expecting Joe to pop up at the end.

I'm not feeling it either. I kinda have Seth as the new Roman now. He doesn't move the needle of interest at all.

I'm with you on thinking Joe was going to pop up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom