Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (13 Viewers)

It's only a matter of time before someone tests positive and they'll have to completely shut down production.

Yeah. They're on borrowed time.
I thought they had already filmed the show?

There's all kind of weird rumors going around right now. About multiple people being sick and running fevers and others refusing to travel and the whole card possibly being blown up. None of it is substantiated yet. I dont know of this is a result of the filming or what, but things are flying fast and furious at the moment.

Also, Lashley supposedly is being quarantined.

This might be it for any kind of shows for a while.

The Miz was told not to come to the Performance Center

Why didn’t Vince just cancel this show, I’m not watching but for those who will, I just don’t see how you will able to sit through it

The Miz was told not to come to the Performance Center

Why didn’t Vince just cancel this show, I’m not watching but for those who will, I just don’t see how you will able to sit through it
At this point they should just scrap it and run the Mania card on the first Raw and Smackdown when they can return in front of a live audience. Those shows will be pretty momentous as it is.

If they air Mania, I'll watch it because it's a welcome distraction. Will it be awkward? Absolutely. I'd say I'll get through by drinking quite liberally, but that wouldn't be any different from any previous Mania.

So, Jericho did a Facebook live tonight where he sat around drinking vodka and answering fan questions. He capped it off with a sing along to "Judas." It was the highlight of my week.

At this point they should just scrap it and run the Mania card on the first Raw and Smackdown when they can return in front of a live audience. Those shows will be pretty momentous as it is.

If they air Mania, I'll watch it because it's a welcome distraction. Will it be awkward? Absolutely. I'd say I'll get through by drinking quite liberally, but that wouldn't be any different from any previous Mania.
Apparently Brock told McMahon(not so nicely, probably because he is the only one who can) how everyone felt and that it should have been postponed. Plus all the wrestlers miss out on PPV bonuses with no crowd as well.

So I think it is all finished. I think it will be awhile before we see any live crowds. It is ashame too. The only positive is I guess the majority are getting healthy by not wrestling.

Oh, and just an observation, international fans won't be seeing the WWE live for a very, very, very long time.

I've decided it's way more fun to follow WWE the way I do presently (which is to say, in random droplets throughout the year) than to actually try and keep even a semi-regular eye on the ins and outs.

Why? Because then I see things that are going on and it's like "wow, how in the world did we arrive at that?" But going back to try and retrace the steps just seems like unnecessary work.......so it's more fun to just openly wonder who is guiding the direction of things...

I turned on Smackdown a couple of Fridays ago....right after the live audiences stopped being a thing. I see Bray Wyatt blaming/crediting John Cena for the creation of "The Fiend" as a result of losing to him at Mania 30. Solid little storyline continuity there to justify them having another WM match 6 years later........but I'm remembering that as Bray tormenting him endlessly for weeks with psychological warfare leading up to that match.....in an effort to make Cena "embrace the hate", followed by Cena NOT succumbing to darkness and getting the win. So that was enough to drive Bray nuts? Alrighty then...

I also saw a contract signing between Goldberg, holding the heavyweight belt (???? wasn't it not very long ago he had some awful match overseas with Taker?) and Roman Reigns............where Roman, who seemingly hasn't changed anything about his generally unlikable character.......calls him a little "birch bulldog" (dude, you played for Georgia Tech, you might wanna look at the head-to-head record over, oh I don't know, the last 55 years or so between GT and UGA)........and of course after all that, I later hear that Reigns pulled out of the match. Yeah I know, real life concerns and all......but talk about terrible timing from a character standpoint.

I'll say this for Goldberg.............I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone milk a career for as long as he has based on an insanely popular run that lasted about a year-and-a-half. It was like September 97 when he randomly beat Hugh Morris and started his streak.............and it was Starrcade 98 (December) when the streak was ended by Nash. That's not to say he wasn't still "over" after that......but he never manufactured any momentum even close to what he had for that 16 month stretch. The closest example I can think of is Vince Russo managing to salvage various writing gigs all based on that run he had as WWF writer between 97 and 99........even after crashing and burning with WCW shortly thereafter.

Also I got to see Miz and Morrison back together..............and speaking of late 2000's tag nostalgia...........a preview for RAW ran, showing that at some point there was a teasing of a RATED RKO reunion before Orton attacked Edge......hence, producing a Mania feud. Rated RKO.....that was a thing that was going on during Brees and Payton's first season with the Saints.....i.e 13-plus years ago. Not saying their former partnership shouldn't have been mentioned...........but it's just funny that in a WWE world where they decided many years ago that they were going to specifically target children, the majority of their target audience wasn't even born or were infants when Rated RKO was going on.

I'm not really saying any of those things as a critique of the product.........as I decided a few years ago that the product was just not typically worth my time outside of maybe WM itself and the RAW crowd after WM (and this year I won't even get that), so I have no longer have any dogs in that race...........but for those who have complained over the years that WWE struggles to create new stars.........many of the things I mentioned don't really do much to squelch that talk.

They had some good promos tonight. Too bad the show is likely to suck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom