Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (37 Viewers)

BTW, after this major botch, Theory would've been sent back to NXT. Ford definitely felt that...

So what's going on guys! It's mania week! I know we all have a lot going on right now but I thought we could post our predictions for Mania 36. Feel free to share yours.

*As a note, I have not been watching super closely lately, just reading recaps mostly, so I don't really have a clue as to who has momentum.

Women's Tag Team Championship: The Kabuki Warriors (c) vs. Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross:
-The Warriors. Maybe Bliss and Nikkie split up. I see one of them turning on the other.

Otis vs. Dolph Ziggler:
-Ziggler. I don't care at all. Ziggler and Mandy make out over Otis at the end.

Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley
-Black. Maybe Rusev costs Lashley the match? I don't really care. No one excites me less than Bobby Lashley.

Elias vs. King Corbin
-Ugh, who cares. Corbin I guess since WWE hates their fans.

Raw Tag Team Championship: The Street Profits (c) vs. Angel Garza & Austin Theory
-Street profits retain. (Could be a show stealer. Match of the night possibly?)

SmackDown Tag Team Championship (Ladder Match): The Miz & John Morrison (c) vs. The New Day vs. The Usos
-Miz and Morrison retain. Should be a good one. I see the heels retaining through trickery.

Intercontinental Championship: Sami Zayn (c) vs. Daniel Bryan
-and NEW IC champ Daniel Bryan! This will most likely be match of the night (if they get enough time)! Two of the best in the world going at it, should be great!

Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins
-Owens. Owens finally gets one over on Seth, not sure how, but don't see the point in him losing.....again.

SmackDown Women's Championship: Bayley (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Naomi vs. Lacey Evans vs. Tamina (Fatal 5-Way Elimination Match)
-Banks. This will no doubt be the worst match of the night as Tamina is involved. Hopefully they start to split up Banks/Bayley at some point. The real thing to watch is the number of botches by Tamina. I'm putting the over/under at 3. I'll take the over...

NXT Women's Championship: Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair
-Ripley retains. I could totally see them having Flair win this though.
hs
Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Shayna Baszler
-Lynch retains. Not sure if they are ready to take strap off of Lynch right now.

Edge vs. Randy Orton (Last Man Standing Match)
-Edge. Don't see Edge losing his comeback match. Should be very good though. Edge is great.

John Cena vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (Firefly Funhouse Match)
-The Fiend. This should be interesting. At least it will be something different. Cena has been putting everyone over so why not.

The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles (Boneyard Match)
-Taker, of course. Ugh. Everything in the world says Styles should win this match, but Taker's gots to go over right? Taker wins in an ugly match when even Styles can't make him look good. Please retire taker.....

WWE Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Drew McIntyre
-Lesnar. Oh wow, another Lesnar match! Maybe it will surprise me and be good, but not gonna hold my breath. I think they keep it on Lesnar since Vince is scared shirtless to put it on anyone else. Prove me wrong Vince! You coward!

Universal Championship: Goldberg (c) vs. ??
-Goldberg. I guess since we don't know who he is going to face since Roman backed out. wow. What a mess WWE has got themselves in. Goldberg never should have this belt but wha freakin cares right? I say it will be.....James Ellsworth. Eh, who cares right? Just throw the belt in the locker room and see who comes out alive with it. Boom, new champ.

Well there you have it. My official predictions. That killed about 30 minutes of my day, so mission accomplished! Enjoy mania guys!!

Didnt think Lashley was there either or the Miz.

Anyway, this is gonna be a wierd Mania.

I see Bray winning, and both Goldberg and Brock just because Vince doesn't wanna take the belts off of them in front of no fans.

Had this been in Tampa, Drew and Roman would win the belts. Now we are gonna have to wait till Summerslam. But who knows?

All I know is that they really won't have a follow up since they can't even taped in FL after today. I think they taped maybe two weeks of after Mania programming.

So what's going on guys! It's mania week! I know we all have a lot going on right now but I thought we could post our predictions for Mania 36. Feel free to share yours.

*As a note, I have not been watching super closely lately, just reading recaps mostly, so I don't really have a clue as to who has momentum.

Women's Tag Team Championship: The Kabuki Warriors (c) vs. Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross:
-The Warriors. Maybe Bliss and Nikkie split up. I see one of them turning on the other.

Otis vs. Dolph Ziggler:
-Ziggler. I don't care at all. Ziggler and Mandy make out over Otis at the end.

Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley
-Black. Maybe Rusev costs Lashley the match? I don't really care. No one excites me less than Bobby Lashley.

Elias vs. King Corbin
-Ugh, who cares. Corbin I guess since WWE hates their fans.

Raw Tag Team Championship: The Street Profits (c) vs. Angel Garza & Austin Theory
-Street profits retain. (Could be a show stealer. Match of the night possibly?)

SmackDown Tag Team Championship (Ladder Match): The Miz & John Morrison (c) vs. The New Day vs. The Usos
-Miz and Morrison retain. Should be a good one. I see the heels retaining through trickery.

Intercontinental Championship: Sami Zayn (c) vs. Daniel Bryan
-and NEW IC champ Daniel Bryan! This will most likely be match of the night (if they get enough time)! Two of the best in the world going at it, should be great!

Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins
-Owens. Owens finally gets one over on Seth, not sure how, but don't see the point in him losing.....again.

SmackDown Women's Championship: Bayley (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Naomi vs. Lacey Evans vs. Tamina (Fatal 5-Way Elimination Match)
-Banks. This will no doubt be the worst match of the night as Tamina is involved. Hopefully they start to split up Banks/Bayley at some point. The real thing to watch is the number of botches by Tamina. I'm putting the over/under at 3. I'll take the over...

NXT Women's Championship: Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair
-Ripley retains. I could totally see them having Flair win this though.
hs
Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Shayna Baszler
-Lynch retains. Not sure if they are ready to take strap off of Lynch right now.

Edge vs. Randy Orton (Last Man Standing Match)
-Edge. Don't see Edge losing his comeback match. Should be very good though. Edge is great.

John Cena vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (Firefly Funhouse Match)
-The Fiend. This should be interesting. At least it will be something different. Cena has been putting everyone over so why not.

The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles (Boneyard Match)
-Taker, of course. Ugh. Everything in the world says Styles should win this match, but Taker's gots to go over right? Taker wins in an ugly match when even Styles can't make him look good. Please retire taker.....

WWE Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Drew McIntyre
-Lesnar. Oh wow, another Lesnar match! Maybe it will surprise me and be good, but not gonna hold my breath. I think they keep it on Lesnar since Vince is scared shirtless to put it on anyone else. Prove me wrong Vince! You coward!

Universal Championship: Goldberg (c) vs. ??
-Goldberg. I guess since we don't know who he is going to face since Roman backed out. wow. What a mess WWE has got themselves in. Goldberg never should have this belt but wha freakin cares right? I say it will be.....James Ellsworth. Eh, who cares right? Just throw the belt in the locker room and see who comes out alive with it. Boom, new champ.

Well there you have it. My official predictions. That killed about 30 minutes of my day, so mission accomplished! Enjoy mania guys!!

I'm ok with this. Only disagreement is that I see Bayley retaining which leads to the Bayley/Sasha break-up culminating at SummerFest.

Strowman. Announced tonight with zero explanation for the change. This show is going to be a big mess.
Yea unfortunately I will be tuning in to see how bad of a car wreck this is going to be. I feel bad for the wrestlers but the people in charge have finally lost it.

Say what yoI will about AEW but 2 of the 3 no crowd shows have been AWESOME. It proves to me That WWE just doesn’t have it anymore. The taker and edge matches look promising, bex Baszler has my attention a bit. And Otis Ziggler looks good. Well and Brock hopefully loses to drew but they just couldn’t build it up at all so any excitement I had I have lost.

let’s hope for a great start tomorrow.

maybe we should do a chat or something during the show if you guys want? It’s pretty much lockdown up here too so my annual mani party has been cancelled. Gonna be weird watching it alone I haven’t done that in over a decade.

Yea unfortunately I will be tuning in to see how bad of a car wreck this is going to be. I feel bad for the wrestlers but the people in charge have finally lost it.

Say what yoI will about AEW but 2 of the 3 no crowd shows have been AWESOME. It proves to me That WWE just doesn’t have it anymore. The taker and edge matches look promising, bex Baszler has my attention a bit. And Otis Ziggler looks good. Well and Brock hopefully loses to drew but they just couldn’t build it up at all so any excitement I had I have lost.

let’s hope for a great start tomorrow.

maybe we should do a chat or something during the show if you guys want? It’s pretty much lockdown up here too so my annual mani party has been cancelled. Gonna be weird watching it alone I haven’t done that in over a decade.

I'm down for the chat.

Ok. Let's use the EE chat.

Ok. Let's use the EE chat.
Okay and yea good call I’ll probably watch the jericho thing too we will see though.

As horrible as I think things have been for WWE I’m still a fan at heart and o know these wrestlers are going to treat these matches as the biggest of the year so I may actually watch the whole thing “live” as always. I’ll log on after some pizza and beer forsure boys!
Looking forward to chatting with ya

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom