Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (17 Viewers)

Hot take on Undertaker: The last decade of his career he has been nothing more than an elaborate entrance that people popped hard for due to nostalgia reasons.

I really don't think anyone here would argue that.

I just got to thinking the other day and realized I'm not a huge Taker mark. And never really have been. I liked his stuff with Kane in the Attitude Era. But didn't care about American Badass. Didn't care about Big Evil. Didn't care when Teddy Long was putting everyone one on one with him on Smackdown.

He has a great look, gimmick, and entrance. But I genuinely don't thing I've ever been too entertained by anything he's done after the Attitude Era, let alone the last ten years.

I just got to thinking the other day and realized I'm not a huge Taker mark. And never really have been. I liked his stuff with Kane in the Attitude Era. But didn't care about American Badass. Didn't care about Big Evil. Didn't care when Teddy Long was putting everyone one on one with him on Smackdown.

He has a great look, gimmick, and entrance. But I genuinely don't thing I've ever been too entertained by anything he's done after the Attitude Era, let alone the last ten years.
I'm probably in the minority of liking American Badass Taker. It just felt more genuine. But, I think you are correct that he's just an entrance now, and has been for a while. Not saying he hasn't had any decent matches over the last ten years, but more often than not, the entrance has been the main attraction. Hell, when I suggested here that he enter WM 34 with the biker gimmick because I felt it made more sense story-wise(he left his hat, coat and gloves in the ring after his match with Roman), I got shot down. Why? They wanted to see the classic entrance live.

I liked American Bad arse Taker, I always felt like he should of retired after Brock had beaten him at WM 30

Rumors abound that Becky Lynch is pregnant and vacating her title tonight. All WWE has said is she's making a "major announcement."

Was just coming here to figure out what happened. Asuka is the new champ. The belt was in the briefcase.

Wait, what?

Fine time for me to be stuck in line at Walgreen's.

I'd suggest watching the segment when you get a chance. It was very well done. I don't think I'd do it justice recapping it.

I saw it. But you gotta love Shayna's reaction to it. Now that's a heel response for you. Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom