Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (16 Viewers)

So Asuka finally gets her first win since becoming champion and it’s only due to a fast count, which the announcers specifically called out, from the ref.

Asuka is a hundred times more charismatic than Nia Jax, and is 10X the worker she could ever hope to be. But she can’t seem to get a clean win, or even look all that competitive during the matches, against her.

Its ridiculous how they treat Jax, just because she’s related to the Rock. And if Vince hates having the title on a performer as good as Asuka, then why put the belt on her in the first place? I guess just to placate Becky Lynch (who is reportedly a big fan of Asuka) while she went on sabbatical.

Did I miss anything else? Was podcast recording.

Wait, what!?!

I'm really kinda over this. Maybe it's me.
The way Lana was looking at Nattie in that promo, I don't put anything past Vince.

The viking Profits thing....some of it was funny, but like you I am over it.

Lashley...let me say I think his match was the best of the night with McIntyre on Backlash, and his promos were good on Raw. I really wanna see him get a push and then a showdown with Lesnar....finally.

So are we gonna see Shelton Benjamin join Lashley and MVP? I hope so. I am digging Lashley and MVP together and let them build a stable.

So I have been watching a lot of the Network lately. Old PPVs, Raw, Smackdown, ECW, etc. and all I can say is what a difference a live crowd really makes.

I do have to tip my hat to WWE, AEW, and the rest trying to put on shows with no crowd. The development folks help now, but let's face it a packed house is soooo much different.

Wrestling plays off the crowd and lacking that hurts all brands. I know the lack of ratings has caused the upheaval of things pushing Heyman out, but it is not so much the product why people aren't watching. It's no live crowd. On a side note, I love people who bash the product, yet continue to watch every single episode then turn around and question why people watch still, lol.

it is really hard for them to really see what is getting over without live crowds.

That being said I don't know why they pumped in fake crowd noise for Orton vs, Edge. The NXT guys were there and we all know they have been told to be loud. Hell they pre-taped it and re shot parts, so they could easily have told them to get louder between takes.

I just hope we get to see fans in the stands soon. probably won't be for awhile though.

So anyone been keeping up with the collapse of the British wrestling scene today? Everyone is getting metoo'd, including several current NXT and NXTUK and AEW roster members. It's kind of insane how widespread it is.

Now Jim Cornette and his wife are being implicated in some weird sheet dating. Back to his days at OVW. Basically that Cornette is into getting cucked and his wife would try to use favors/threats to coerce young trainees into trying to have sex with her.

Hell, that's insane.

I also saw news that one of the NXT performers they have at the weekly tapings has treated positive for COVID-19 and they're afraid more wrestlers will stop showing up (KO has joined Reigns and Zayn in saying he won't be back).

Yeah, this thing has spiraled beyond just the British scene. Wrestling is having a full blown metoo moment. Excepts lots of naming, shaming, and ended careers over the next couple of days.

Vince is probably pulling his hair out on the WWE names coming out (especially if one is his).

To recap today's events:

Tons of workers in the industry (and what seems like 90% British workers specifically) are being accused of various forms of abuse, harassment, molestation, and sexual assault. With promise of many more revealed names to come. Full blown metoo movement happening.

Jim Cornette has pretty much 100% been confirmed to be a cuckold that would pressure lower card workers to have sex with his wife in turn for getting booked on OVW shows. His wife would also groom talent to have sex with her and promise them perks and rewards if they did, reprisals if not. This apparently was a known thing for a while as people have dug up all kinds of past references to it by those in the industry, similar to the Seth McFarland Weinstein joke at the Oscars.

Carmella admitted to enjoying golden showers on her and Corey Graves' podcast.

Quite the day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom