Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (89 Viewers)

I know the E is not big on continuity, but didn't Ambrose already destroy Bray's rocking chair and Orton burn down the compound in the swamp?
Hey man, it's easy to see Bray went and ate at Cracker Barrel before the match and bought him a new rocker.

Tonight's matches were good but some of endings were not. Really feel for Banks and Asuka, great match with a cabbage ending.

Been finding myself watching Brian Pillman's Loose Cannon era 1995 through 1997 promos on Youtube.

It's fascinating enough by itself simply by knowing the backstory of it all...........but 2 specific things that come to mind:

1. It definitely feels like Brian Pillman getting released from WCW and eventually returning was planned as one of the bigger storylines of 1996......maybe before the NWO was really even mapped out.

2. And since he pre-dated one industry-changing storyline.............how about the fact that he signed with WWF prior to Austin going on his epic run? If not for his auto accident, was he about to get pushed to the moon as a Loose Cannon / anti-authority figure as well ?

Been finding myself watching Brian Pillman's Loose Cannon era 1995 through 1997 promos on Youtube.

It's fascinating enough by itself simply by knowing the backstory of it all...........but 2 specific things that come to mind:

1. It definitely feels like Brian Pillman getting released from WCW and eventually returning was planned as one of the bigger storylines of 1996......maybe before the NWO was really even mapped out.

2. And since he pre-dated one industry-changing storyline.............how about the fact that he signed with WWF prior to Austin going on his epic run? If not for his auto accident, was he about to get pushed to the moon as a Loose Cannon / anti-authority figure as well ?

#2 is interesting, but knowing Vince he probably would have pushed him more as a Psycho Sid than an anti-authority figure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom