Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (30 Viewers)

NXT had a very solid show last night, compare to last week's meh show. Robert Stone has been very entertaining, and now that he has Martinez, can go and wreck havoc, especially against Rhea. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I can watch Lorcan & Thatcher all day. These triple threat matches should be fun, and showcase some of the up and comers like Reed. I'm also hoping Kross can bring out that beast in Lee.

AEW was once again a fun show. One of my few gripes would be too many tag teams, but i get it, they are trying to get everyone some exposure. Eddie Kingston cut a hell of a promo to open the show. Dr. Baker is probably one of the top 5 overall heels, and she isn't even wrestling.

Say that Daniel & Edge do come up with some great story lines, someone (Vince) is gonna mess it up somehow. Funny how most of the time logic always goes out the door.

Say that Daniel & Edge do come up with some great story lines, someone (Vince) is gonna mess it up somehow. Funny how most of the time logic always goes out the door.
Even if those guys only get final say in their own storylines, it could be for the better, since neither come off as having Nash-sized egos.

What another stupid ending to a match...
I didn't *hate* it, but only if the point was to put the belt on Sasha so that when she and Bayley have their eventual match the stakes will be higher. The finish accomplished that without Asuka taking a pinfall. However, if that was not the point, then the finish was dumb. Not as bad as the one at Extreme Rules, but really, I'm not sure that's possible.

Or it was their way to send Kairi off into the sunset of her WWE career...

Yeah, she's going back to Japan. Apparently her plan is to wrestle for one of the Joshi promotions (Stardom, maybe?) for a year or so and then retire. It's very common for Joshi wrestlers to retire pretty young to get married and start families and she got married back in February.

Yeah, that was a dumb ending but I probably wouldn't have minded so much if it wasn't like the 5-6th screwy-horrible finish in a row for a Raw Women's Title match. I mean, I think this is the third count-out finish for that belt since Becky Lynch stepped away. That's so lazy and unsatisfying. And this time the title actually changed hands over it.

I guess you could argue that this protects Asuka (for rematch purposes) since she helped her friend instead of being pinned or submitted. But since becoming the champion, Asuka's record is 4-6-2 (several of the losses were in tag matches, but still). For the past couple of months pretty much all of her matches have had weird endings designed to "protect her from the loss". But since they keep having her lose, what's the point? At a certain point, just let her go out and have some awesome matches (from start to finish), even in a losing effort.

These crappy finishes over and over again don't make anyone look more credible or protected than if they would just let two of the best workers they have do their thing.

Sasha and Asuka are two great talents and to me that was lazy writing trying to kill two birds with one stone for the ending. I think Sasha needs to be champ, and having that title will elevate the feud for when her and Bailey face each other, which would make sense at Survivor Series. They are slowly killing Asuka, and it makes me sad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom