Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (16 Viewers)

Better than anything the corporate wrestling shows offer, that's for sure.
But AEW is a corporate wrestling show.

The tag title match had outside interference with a belt to the head as part of the finish. The TNT title match was a draw. Those are not 'clean finishes.' I'm not saying they were poorly booked or that they didn't make sense. I'm not criticizing the finishes, I just wouldn't call them clean.

It was a very enjoyable show. Definitely better than what's usually on Monday nights.

But AEW is a corporate wrestling show.

The tag title match had outside interference with a belt to the head as part of the finish. The TNT title match was a draw. Those are not 'clean finishes.' I'm not saying they were poorly booked or that they didn't make sense. I'm not criticizing the finishes, I just wouldn't call them clean.

It was a very enjoyable show. Definitely better than what's usually on Monday nights.

What corporation owns AEW? To what stockholders does the company answer?

Better than anything the corporate wrestling shows offer, that's for sure.

Yeah, heels doing heel stuff and time limit draws are perfectly fine in small doses (when it makes sense).

I wish I remembered where I saw it but somebody did a breakdown of AEW finishes and like 85+% were clean (and they haven’t abused roll-ups yet either).

With a year’s worth of matches and stories, that’s a pretty understandable number.

I think the finish style stats would say “yes”. They almost always have clean (and if not 100% clean, at least definitive) finishes. I can’t remember where I found the exact numbers but the clear finish % is very high.

No wrestling company is going to be 100% (nor should they), but AEW has actually been pretty close to that.

Last edited:
True. But it's a different animal. WWE is beholden to shareholders and their product reeks of it. No new stars, bland tv.
Shareholders isn't the biggest problem with WWE. The biggest problem is the product is at the mercy of the whims of a crazy, senile, out-of-touch old man.

I think the finish style stats would say “yes”. They almost always have clean (and if not 100% clean, at least definitive) finishes. I can’t remember where I found the exact numbers but the clear finish % is very high.

No wrestling company is going to be 100% (nor should they), but AEW has actually been pretty close to that.
I was only referring to those first 2 title matches of the show tonight, not overall numbers or AEW's general booking. You have to frame my comment within the context of the post I took the quote from and the time I posted.

I was only referring to those first 2 title matches of the show tonight, not overall numbers or AEW's general booking. You have to frame my comment within the context of the post I took the quote from and the time I posted.

I gotcha. Sorry, I wasn’t trying to sound critical.

I think both of those finishes were fine and defensible, but I get that we aren’t fighting over this. I hear what you were saying.

I gotcha. Sorry, I wasn’t trying to sound critical.

I think both of those finishes were fine and defensible, but I get that we aren’t fighting over this. I hear what you were saying.
Just to be clear, I have zero issues with the finishes of those matches I mentioned. I wasn't complaining. Only making a snide remark about the prediction that all the matches tonight would have clean finishes. My bad.

I just finised NXT, and I gotta give props to Lumis & Priest for their match. My only problem is I dont care for their personas/ charisma. I just doesnt work for me.

I remember when I first was first introduced to Priest, thinking he was a Roman lite but over time he has has really did a great job in the ring.

On AEW, Jericho/MJF & Britt/Tony vignettes were great.

I just finised NXT, and I gotta give props to Lumis & Priest for their match. My only problem is I dont care for their personas/ charisma. I just doesnt work for me.

I remember when I first was first introduced to Priest, thinking he was a Roman lite but over time he has has really did a great job in the ring.

On AEW, Jericho/MJF & Britt/Tony vignettes were great.
Yeah, I just can’t get there with Loomis or Priest’s characters either.

Good to hear that Loomis has healed up though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom