Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (16 Viewers)

Just one man's opinion but I feel NXT overall has been the best brand. Extra kuddos to them for keeping the ship going after injuries and the Lee call up. Now best overall storyline hands down is my Tribal Chief and his bloodline.

War Games was a great PPV. The build up for the UE vs The Brand had me emotionally invested. The ladies tore it down as well. Io one a cage, end of sentence. Thatcher Vs Ciampa felt like a real fight. And I was really surprised how entertaining the 3 way for the NA title. Only thing I didn't care for was the Ghost Face reveal.

Just one man's opinion but I feel NXT overall has been the best brand. Extra kuddos to them for keeping the ship going after injuries and the Lee call up. Now best overall storyline hands down is my Tribal Chief and his bloodline.

War Games was a great PPV. The build up for the UE vs The Brand had me emotionally invested. The ladies tore it down as well. Io one a cage, end of sentence. Thatcher Vs Ciampa felt like a real fight. And I was really surprised how entertaining the 3 way for the NA title. Only thing I didn't care for was the Ghost Face reveal.
I only loosely follow NXT now, and I thoroughly enjoyed Wargames. That speaks volumes.

Well that was awesome seeing Omega on Impact, can’t wait to see where this goes from here. Tonight should be another good episode of Dynamite plus we get a Sting promo on TNT for the first time since the last Nitro aired

Wait, what station is Impact on?

Well that was awesome seeing Omega on Impact, can’t wait to see where this goes from here. Tonight should be another good episode of Dynamite plus we get a Sting promo on TNT for the first time since the last Nitro aired
I didn't get to see it. Don't have AXS or twitch, but a friend of mine who really only watches Dynamite texted me and said he thought Omega's segment was kind of a mess. I guess if they don't show highlights of it tonight, I'll dig it up on YouTube.

I didn't get to see it. Don't have AXS or twitch, but a friend of mine who really only watches Dynamite texted me and said he thought Omega's segment was kind of a mess. I guess if they don't show highlights of it tonight, I'll dig it up on YouTube.

It was basically just a long promo of him and Don Callis being super douche heels and ending it by implying he's about to become a "title collector." He already has the AAA title from Mexico and the AEW title. Implication was he was going to go after the Impact title next. But it did have a "This is an announcement that we're going to make an announcement on Wednesday" kind of thing.

Given the organizations in play, we could potentially see Kenny with the AAA, AEW, Impact, and NWA titles after this is all said and done.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. I like Don because he has a good voice for commentary/promos and can be commanding. Kenny's performance here though was pretty much a hot mess.

Kenny's promo work is essentially that of a weird guy with weird mannerisms and vocal ticks. I think a lot of people that don't have a ton of experience with him from his Japanese work may be shocked to discover that he's basically an anime villain.

You can be a weird guy with weird mannerisms and vocal ticks but if your promo structure suffers too greatly for it, it isn't going to play very well.

You can be a weird guy with weird mannerisms and vocal ticks but if your promo structure suffers too greatly for it, it isn't going to play very well.

Honestly, it's why I've always thought he would struggle in the American market as a top guy. He's made for Japan.

Kenny is a fantastic wrestler but his promos/ charisma is just...weird. It doesn't seem like it meshes with his look. I always thought it was a NJPW thing, but still the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom